Author Topic: 5,6,9 kills  (Read 1149 times)

Offline bockko

• Nickel Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackoutboys/
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2003, 10:36:31 AM »
yep, if you get to your base healthy, you can "rearm" by stopping on the rearm pad near the end of the runway; 30 second later your have fuel and ammo and are ready to roll! Finding a good vulch gold mine helps, or playing the edge of a furball (hey, this sounds like fishing talk!). the d hog has ALOT of ammo and can land many kills even without rearm, so you should be able to tweek your convergence and your flying style to nail many more guys. Hog is best flown with plenty of E so always alt it more so than turnfighters.

Oh, and hey, 51's work great!  just wish it had hog's ammo loadout :(

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2003, 11:00:24 AM »
Gunning

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2003, 09:41:59 PM »
Load Rockets and launch them at a pack of cons upping from runway at same time. :D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2003, 02:56:46 PM by RightF00T »

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2003, 10:14:48 PM »
Well I dont get 100+ kills per sortie but Im consistant with landing my kills or returning from each mission. Heres some thoughts...

Got to always have a plan before you take off. While on the ramp or even before, start planning.

Always fly your plan within its envelop. Use its advantages to the fullest. Attack your preys disadvantages. Easy right... Everyone knows that.

Your gunnery skills must be good. If you have average gunnery skills, you must be a fantastic acrobatic flyer. If you gunnery is exceptional, you can get away with less fancy flying. Some guys are fantastic shooters and flyers.

Know how you will probably get killed or who is gona kill you out there. Part of "situational awareness" but also part of the plan before you roll the ramp. The better planned mission, the more obvious it is how you might die or who might kill you. See above, plan well.

Always know when its time to return to base. Every vector you take must have a egress vector in case you get into unexpected trouble. An escape route. Knowing when to RTB is the secret to coming home alive from each mission.

Thats about it.

Oops, you need to bring alot of gas. Usually it takes a while.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2003, 10:18:55 PM by senna »

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2003, 11:12:39 PM »
I frequently land 7-10 kills w/ one pony clip...there are other planes with more ammo.... so ya don't need a re-arm to get your 5,6,9 kill runs.  :)
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2003, 05:29:19 AM »
Originally posted by Furball

Snapshops in the chog are so lethal because it only needs a couple of pings to bring the enemy down.

talking about hispano snap shots
give the tempest a ride, i find it to be the best snap shooter for me

since i usually come with high speed the closure rate is very high so more dammage is inficted and allso... its a friggin 4 hispano's :)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2003, 07:01:40 AM »
fly in CT

8,9, 10 kill sorties the norm there :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Frenchman...
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2003, 07:22:51 AM »
*notes Furball off Xmass list*
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2003, 07:28:37 AM »
Using the P38 more now last night on Trinity I had 4 sorties in a row averaging 3-4 kills plus assists each sortie and I had still had well over 1000 turbolaser shots left.

Best sortie ever though was Yak9t vs cv planes had 4 a2a kills with 5 shots. 1 was  hit twice.  A warp monkey in an lvt ruined it though with his "lucky" connect from hell took 18 shots to kill him out of 22 and of course he gets my radiator on 2nd pass.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2003, 09:01:01 AM »
Originally posted by Flyboy
talking about hispano snap shots
give the tempest a ride, i find it to be the best snap shooter for me

since i usually come with high speed the closure rate is very high so more dammage is inficted and allso... its a friggin 4 hispano's :)

yeah, those hispano mk.V are great! i didnt include tempest because its so friggen expensive.  Its probably the best a/c in the game! (imo anyway :))
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Re: Frenchman...
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2003, 09:01:47 AM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
*notes Furball off Xmass list*

awww... were you gonna send me some of that french beer of yours - Stella Artois? :D
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2003, 09:30:21 AM »
I have to go on the islands up there next week for business... I'll come whack a trout on your head on my way doing that :D

*splotch*
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2003, 02:07:18 PM »
1 Thing I havent seen talked about is get a good wingie to help you out of any jams you may encounter best way to land multi kill sorties.
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2003, 01:05:47 PM »
Hyflyer...

It's actually pretty simple, all you need to do is follow the herd...there are always morons like me that will up to defend capped bases...simply fly in areas where your on the heavy side #'s wise. Even better with a squad...or a wingie. You wont be any better...and in time will get worse but you'll "score" better.

However,

There are a couple things you can do to increase your success without changing your habits...

1) work on 3 planes...a T&Ber, a B&Zer and a JABO ride and stick to those three...then pick the plane based on the enviornment your going to be in.

2) vary your loadout...since I fly niggit I'm usually outnumbered. I'll take 25% fuel and a drop tank if I'm only going 1 sector sometimes...in a -1 hog 25% goes along way...also know your ride..again -1 HOG handles much better with the wing tanks burned. You want to arrive at the fight at a "combat" weight...other option is to load more internal fuel but burn it on climb out...same range...but you can shed the externals when you need...also play with ammo load outs on planes with options.

3) Circle field one or twice to gain alt...thats 1-2k over guy who climbs out straight from base and meets you in the middle...also wep on out and let engine cool back down after you hit 5-7k...wep doesnt help you once your dead...or the other guys 5k over you.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson