Author Topic: Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg  (Read 3018 times)

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2003, 04:56:06 PM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
Ironicly I was watching TV the other night. It was about the reporter (forgot his name) that shot the color footage from the Memphis Bell. He actually asked the pilot to get closer to the puffs of black smoke so he could get a better shot with the camera...LOL funny! I dont think he would have done that in AH!

I saw that too...was thinking it was pretty funny myself.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Jebo44

• Copper Member
      • http://www.vmf222.com
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2003, 05:41:01 PM »
What about adding the FM-2 or allowing only -1's from CV's and moving F6F's to the fields?

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2003, 05:43:27 PM »
lol, that is prety funny:)

Eddick did ellect to limit the number of non CV fleats and to lower the hardness on the Ships Hawk, which were imo good choices, Just the rockets alone on the P38 can sink a Cruser at the present setting's, so while they can be a pain they are much easer to deal with curently, another thing is these bases have so many fuel and ammo bunkers and well dispersend and low profile hanger's that are protected by revitment's that it is almost imposable to lay waste to one of the fields with a Cruzer barage unless a bunch of guys spend 30 or more minutes at it. So at best they wind up being a nusance and can be avoided.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Whinners an' dweebs..
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2003, 05:44:42 PM »
Originally posted by 10Bears
That's what we got here folks.. Whinners an' dweebs..

I don't know why y'all can't get a mission together. 1 part bombers to flatten the town.. 2nd part jabo's to kill the rest of it.. the horseshoe area by the gv spawn, the town buildings at the base itself.. then just bring in an m3 or a goon.. the maproom is right by the runway.

Can't get buffs?.. fine, park a fleet offshore and have somebody act as spotter for the shipgunners.. then bring onshore lvts.

Should be piece o' cake.. maybe a lil' harder than MA.. sposed to be eh.

:rolleyes:

10bears ... I've sung your praises on this map time and again and still do. I mentioned three minor things I'd like to see eventually in a late slot type map in a post that was, for the most part, a glowing report of my experiences so far in "Slot 44-45."

One of the things I mentioned was fixing 30 to be capturable after witnessing then assisting in a mission that flattened all three towns, the port and the base and even both shore batts as fast as could be done with both air and fleet elements (with an occasional building popping up here and there but getting flattened again) followed by two groups of troops run into the maproom consecutively without the base getting captured. Slash can confirm. Based on those observations it looked uncapturable. I've been assured that it is indeed capturable and that 40 is not any easier or harder to take. Fine by me ... *ShruG*

I can understand you taking critisism of your work personally, especially since it's such a fine job and took alot of effort but since I said it was no big deal I don't know why you "zeroed" in on that one particular thing and chose to give this response.

The whine of this thread is how boring it is for the IJ player to have to deal with any other fighter than the F4F in a pacific CT setting since the fights take longer and landing lots of kills per sortie doesn't happen so much. Even then ... some hate it more than others and some don't seem to mind at all. All in all, most flying this late war slot seem to handle it fine so far.

Here .. once again ... , good job, thanks, wish you weren't retiring, you'll be missed, I appreciate ya, you're a good joe, three cheers for the Slot, thank you ... thank you ... thank you.

:D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2003, 05:48:28 PM »
Originally posted by Jebo44
What about adding the FM-2 or allowing only -1's from CV's and moving F6F's to the fields?

Hi, Jeb. Great flying with yas the other night. I'll be up for more t'night. Gonna try to get some others up as well. :)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2003, 05:54:04 PM »
lol Squire, touche! :)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2003, 06:14:55 PM »
know who Batz is and how long he's been around and his relationship to the CT. I also know his opinion of this current setup in the Slot and I note he's not flown in it once.

I dont "fly" AH at all. I cant remember the last sortie I flew in the main or the CT.

My nic was wotan but I cancelled my account last December. I came back to help in Niemen. A scenario in which I had originally agreed to Co. Fariz took over when I quit and I told him I would help him when it started. My new nic "Batz" was just to be used for the 4 frames of Niemen. Before Niemen ended Guadalcanal was announced and in if I remember correctly I was asked if I would help and talked about it on our squad bbs. Brady showed intrest in co'ing his first event. I agreed to stay on and help him.

Now here comes the point behindg this post. When it was apparent that the nic batz would be in use I switched bbs nics so that my bbs nic matched my ingame nic. This is to avoid the confusion that arises from multiple names.

There is a guy Squire who flies AH with that name. Whudda thunk that someone else would have the same bbs nic with the same spelling.

But either way my point is still there and that was to agree with Urchin. I keep up on the ct as I was a ct cm and 2 of my squadmates are on the ct staff. I flew in the ct on hour 1, day 1 it opened. I know what it was and what its ended up as.

Its great that you all are finding it fun. Maybe things have changed. I remember Wilbuz and winging up in these setups and running kill count of 10+ in kis a6m5 and nikis. I killed 6 p51bs in a6m5 one sortie but I dont find the "killing" to be the fun part. Its the fight. I remember brady and I tearing umm up as well.

YMMV

10bears' map is awesome btw

S!

10bears

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2003, 06:36:05 PM »
Well ... ya oughta!

Batz ... if my arguing with ya or giving you a hard time is in any way part of the reason you're not flying then please don't let it be. If it's burnout, then you're not alone. I've seen alot of players either "taking a break" or "quitting" (which I hope ends up being "taking a break"). Even with our differences, I don't want to see anyone leave AH unless life forces them to take a "sabbatical". And even then, I hope they return as soon as they can (and that old excitement returns).

If I've given myself too much "credit" here, it doesn't change my sincere wishes for a return not only to the game but a return of enjoyment.

As I said, we may not see eye to eye ... but it's no fun fighting in an empty sky.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2003, 12:49:20 AM »
Brady I havent tried to sink any with AC. I stoped that long ago, however, it is the flack thats the pain, not the bombardment.  Its a flack issue for me, nothing else. I see guys complaining about it all the time, just dont see many consistant post about it.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2003, 03:09:12 AM »
Well...People always do complaine about ack, ack huggers , ack hit , ack this ack that ect, other than limiting the fleats as eddick has done and making them easer to kill which he did as well, their is nothing we can realy do about it, nore imo should we, ack has a function after all and imo it is prety easy to work around, althought anoying at times, but it should be.

The upside is that now that the fleats in this set up are supper easy to kill, most have just Two Cruzer's and some DD's in them, once those Two Cruzer's are dead the fleat moves back to the point of orginen, and a single P38 can kill those two Cruzer's with ease.

The DD fleats are prety hard to get rid of thought, but I think these are the ones he has switched to rook, at least when I was dinking around in their this weekend I dident see any, but I did not look for them either.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2003, 03:10:45 AM »
Fleet ack is beating the piss outa me.:mad:

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2003, 03:21:40 AM »
I just checked the areana setings and aparently after Skuzzy reset the areana we the staff forgot to reset the ack settings for all countries to .7 one of the countries was at 100.00 so this is most likely the culpret, I am realy sry for this :(.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2003, 05:08:56 AM »
Thanks Brady

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2003, 09:01:11 AM »
I'm enjoying this CT more than any other we've had recently.

In the A6M2 vs. wildcat CT, Allies were only interested in HO's and ack running, but they have been willing to mix it up for the most part this time around.

Also, I haven't had as much to complain about with the fleet camping this CT.  Ack hasn't been that bad and am yet to lose a plane to puffy ack.

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2003, 10:28:27 AM »
I'm glad the Ki-61 is involved this time :D

I think this plane is very underrated IMO
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High