Author Topic: MA numbers - reducing?  (Read 1868 times)

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2003, 01:03:13 PM »
I can't see HTC perking the La7 not while it can be used by those new to the game to get kills relatively easy, plenty of speed, turns very well and has weaponary that would make a Death Star blush.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2003, 01:08:03 PM »
See?  This is what happens when HTC fails to introduce more ground vehicles, like the Sherman Calliope, the Russian T-34, the Jagdpanzer, and the .50 cal Browning M2 armed jeep.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2003, 01:25:55 PM »
"La7 ... blah blah blah ... has weaponary that would make a Death Star blush."

Come Revvin ... that part of your statement is just a little over the top ... ok ... a lot over the top. Yes it has cannons, so when they hit ya they pack a punch, but the ballistic suck. The Hurri IIc cannons are much moer devastating than the cannons in the La-7. Why is that ?

If you aren't an experienced La-7 pilot, and you are a card carrying member of the "spray 'n pray club" (which most noobs are), you won't get very many kills, if any, and you will run out of ammo very quickly.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline MotorOil

• Copper Member
MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2003, 01:26:57 PM »
Ya, I'm back also after almost two months away.  Just don't have the time I use to.  Nothing wrong with the game.  Same old same old, but I enjoy it.  I think HTC will have a rough time in the online game market as I've taken some time to explore other games such as Planetside.  How do you compete with a large company with unlimited capital and advertising power.  I would say competition is to blame for any number drop rather than Trinity (which I think is the best map in rotation).

I play cause I like the online game, the WWII history and the fact this is a flight sim is just a bonus.  AHII will be a good change, need to keep the game moving and expanding to spark interest.  On the flip side, no other flight sim comes close to AH.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2003, 02:53:06 PM »
Just did a pretty extensive review of the MA stats...

Since June of 2001, Fighter vs Fighter kills have accounted for around 55% of all kills in the MA.  Since February of this year, that number has been steadily declining to the 40% mark at the end of tour 39 (an all time low for any tour where a new release did not introduce new ground vehicles).

It seems the perception of "increasing" or "decreasing" numbers in the MA are based on a) what you do in the MA and b) what you look at for indicators.

The raw data can be found here.

MiniD

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2003, 03:06:04 PM »
I closed my account last week.  No big "I quit" thread or the like...I just found myself not playing much and why pay for a service I'm not gonna use.  Its not like I can't come back when I either have the time, or something in the game changes that I just *have* to subscribe and experience it.

Plus, I have hand surgery next week...working on my burnt hand and doing some plastic surgery and skin grafting (from my thigh).  So, I aint gonna be doing a whole lot for a bit after that.  *sigh*

And its summer, I'm trying to get AWAY from the PC on the nice days   :p

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2003, 06:03:08 PM »
Ouch.   Good Luck LePaul, hope everything goes OK.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2003, 08:31:39 AM »
Originally posted by LePaul
Plus, I have hand surgery next week...working on my burnt hand and doing some plastic surgery and skin grafting (from my thigh).  So, I aint gonna be doing a whole lot for a bit after that.  *sigh*

I told you to stop playing Charcoal Baseball at those family barbeques!  :p

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2003, 08:35:21 AM »
"These changes result not from changes in the types of players playing so much as from conscious design choices: introducing the concept of perk points, allowing map resets, awarding perks for "winning," increasing capture difficulty, etc.

-- Todd/Leviathn"

yep... well said.   Making the building battlers feel that they are not just acting timidly and without talent and that they are indeed useful and needed and... "respected" by other players is a huge mistake.   And... as levi says..  increasing field capture difficulty... the fields should fall easily and be closer together... fields that are far apart and easy to ruin but hard to capture are the bane of fun.
lazs

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2003, 05:47:45 PM »
Outside,what's this outside you speak off?

There's nothing out there for me no... there is not... ;)