Author Topic: MA numbers - reducing?  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
MA numbers - reducing?
« on: May 18, 2003, 04:31:56 AM »
I can't say I've given it a lot of notice but it appears that the MA numbers are getting smaller.  Is it just when Trinity is on or do you think people are waiting for AH2?  

The reason I say is that usually late Saturday night there's about 500-550 people on (UK time) and yet recently there's only been less than 250-300.  It just suprised me big time to see so few numbers on.
NEXX

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2003, 05:32:54 AM »
3 of my squadies closed accounts last 2 months. They all were in AH for 1.5+ years. I think it is general burnout, though one directly mentioned Trinity as a reason. I think they will back with AHII though.

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2003, 06:01:15 AM »
My squad are waiting for AHII and generally fly squad nights only now. The whining about strat and bombers and the way HTC seem to give in to these players has already lost me one squad mate this month. Might well be looking for a new sim if AHII don't cut the mustard. Generally speaking though I think it's a little bit of burnout coupled with the usual summertime slow down of numbers while everyone is out doing RL stuff in the sun.

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Re: MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2003, 07:12:56 AM »
Originally posted by Replicant
I can't say I've given it a lot of notice but it appears that the MA numbers are getting smaller.  Is it just when Trinity is on or do you think people are waiting for AH2?  

The reason I say is that usually late Saturday night there's about 500-550 people on (UK time) and yet recently there's only been less than 250-300.  It just suprised me big time to see so few numbers on.

Are u notice scenario was last 4 weeks?
Most of ppls was tired to fly after that.
When u look at US times, arena is pretty full. Its not the same like during free month when server reach maximum, but its not bad.
I can say ppl go away and come back, normal rotation.

ramzey

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
Re: Re: MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2003, 07:26:58 AM »
Originally posted by ramzey
Are u notice scenario was last 4 weeks?
Most of ppls was tired to fly after that.
When u look at US times, arena is pretty full. Its not the same like during free month when server reach maximum, but its not bad.
I can say ppl go away and come back, normal rotation.

ramzey

Scenario had 200-250 people involved, which is less than 5% of AH player base. From them some people almost never fly MA, and I do not understand how 8 hours of playing during the month shall be so tirefull that people can stop playing just due to it. Ok, even if it is 50 such people who tired and do not fly MA now, it is under 1% of AH total player base.

It is easy to find out if number of players growing or going down. To do so you need to check the worst rank number during top hour during last day or 2 of tour. I do not know what is the reason, but by my observations numbers are falling. Before you had ranks around 5000 in first week of tour, now it is 4000 in mid of tour. I do not think it is anywhere near fatal, but still numbers drop is noticable. Still it may be that people just play less, do not mean that all those people canceled accounts.

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2003, 07:54:28 AM »
looking at myself i play MA less then 6 months ago, my squadies too. Som have exams in schools, som like spring and beergartens;) som have other thinngs to do.
When i start working on new terrain skins project my hours on MA lower to 10-15 per month. Imho its just spring.
I have 3-4 squadies who tell me they come back in month or 2.
Som back allready.
Sure i miss ppls who fly here last year, fights on MA are not so exciting like was year ago.
I notice many new names in air too.
No doubt profile of game is change from air-air to ground fights.
/less expirienced players?/
Terrain like trinity with 2 -3 furball areas per country not help to stay on MA.
But i not see dramatical drop of numbers.

ramzey

Offline Swag Abroad

• Zinc Member
MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2003, 08:01:26 AM »
Nicer weather.  People find other things to do when the sun is shining.  The numbers always go down alittle when the end of spring anf begining of summer rolls around.

Fishing

Yard Work

Offspring more active

Flower and food gardens

Home Improvement

A number of things can keep players away form AH during this time of year.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2003, 08:04:27 AM »
Well if good weather is the cause, I'm glad Lazs and Nopoop live in CA - the weather there is generally excellent from May onwards, and perhaps we can look forward to hearing less from them about proposed strat changes in the strat based MA - from guys who have no interest in strat.
:confused: :rolleyes:

Offline 327thBS

• Copper Member
Kids like me
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2003, 08:07:00 AM »
Ramzey is RIGHT, EXAMS start in about 2weeks for highschool and we'll if u wanna pass u have to study right , well all i am sayin is maybe after exams I'LL BE ON FROM DUSK TO DAWN;)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2003, 10:59:11 AM »
Numbers are pretty constant west coast primetime. The high 400's. They were in the 500's and higher during the free trial. Usually have 30-40 guys up not in squads on an average evening.

Not seeing it here.

Cute rolleye beet1e.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2003, 11:27:41 AM »
In the past four weeks, I've flown just one Squad Op...

I drifted into this break and now, whenever I think about going back on, I seem to find something else to do instead.
sand

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2003, 11:37:38 AM »
Ive noticed these strange terms being used,such as 'Outside' and 'real life' can someone explain to me what they are? should I be seeking them too? how do they compare to AH? do they cost more than 14.95 a month? is real life overmodelled? maybe Ive been with the flock too long....
Joc

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2003, 12:09:53 PM »
Spring/early summer are usually when most of the "I quit..." posts start running rampant.  If you don't believe me, look at this forum in the month of may for the last 3 years.

Combine that with the phenomina that happens when updates take longer than 3 months and you are bound to see a dip in the headcount.

Hopefully, its more people not flying as much (how it is with me too) and not as much cancelled accounts.  Just need to keep the $$$ rolling in until AH-2 is out.

MiniD

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2003, 01:16:30 PM »
As it is now, AHII will mark the end of my involvement and my account. I've got other things to do besides upgrade this machine.
sand

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
MA numbers - reducing?
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2003, 02:02:53 PM »
shooting at a benchmark of p3 900 doesnt seem like much of an upgrade but given that the current min req of PII 333 someone will get left behind.

It will also take time to redo all the planes to the updated art. The biggest hit early will come from the new terrain type.

Back on topic ---- my squad had 24 at the first of the year. I think only 3 or so still play ah regularly. I have an account but I have only participated in the past 2 scenarios.