Author Topic: Okinawa bugs list  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Okinawa bugs list
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2003, 12:54:00 PM »
Ahhh .... for SEA ... ok, good.

Airstarts for Bakas still worry me some (just from an "armchair strategy game general/Admiral pov"). I mean, after all, since they were dropped from bombers, wouldn't there be a chance to knock down the bomber before it launched the Baka? With airstarts to simulate bomber drops, you have, essentially, an invisible, light speed bomber doing the dropping.

Unless the scenario rules state that an "empty" IJ bomber needs to make it to the Baka spawnpoint without being shot down for each Baka launched (which may well be the case.)

Never mind. I'm voicing concerns based on assumptions anyhoo.

Again .... great work! And thanks! :)

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Okinawa bugs list
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2003, 01:16:44 PM »
what is the baka suppose to be? it was a flying bomb.

They (me 163) carries no bombs and afaik crashing into ships with your plane causes no damage. Then theres the mk 108s.

even wth out there use in the ct what purpose would they fill in the sea?

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Okinawa bugs list
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2003, 02:24:09 PM »
Well , it  is interesting, Most of the Betty's that launcehd Bakas were intercepted, But Bakas did sink ship's at Okinawa, and Bunches were launched, but the Me 163 as a representation of this is curious in so much as how the effect will be realised, since Hittting anything like a ship with a plane has no effect.

Ya were not going to do this in the CT, their are enough sucided dweabs around anyway we dont nead to inchurage it.:)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Okinawa bugs list
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2003, 02:47:06 PM »
As in many scenarios over the years, it sounds as if "simulated" kamakazi runs are being considered. All it takes is proof from the pilot that he collided with a ship. The logs'll show that, right? To back it up, the pilot can submit film of the collision. If the fleet C.O. claims a last minute "shoot down" - it'll be up to him to submit film of that. *Shrug* I don't think that's a problem.

The problem comes from "dead" ships still providing aa cover against incoming Kamikazis.That and implementing and enforcing a practical way to simulate them being dropped from a bomber.
Although the bomber pilot presenting film to prove they made it to the baka spawnpoint may be less problimatical than the "dead ship aa."  

Ok, not worried over this anymore, it appears to be an academic exercise in possibilities involving an Okinawa scenario and possibly the Baka. I'm sure things'll get worked out.  :D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2003, 02:50:21 PM by Arlo »

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Okinawa bugs list
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2003, 06:03:26 PM »
"The problem comes from "dead" ships still providing aa cover against incoming Kamikazis."

Exactly what I was thinking, that and the apeal of flying a one way sortie to simply die for the Empire to the player's, even it is a multi life event.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
Okinawa bugs list
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2003, 09:35:55 PM »
I think its silly but if folks will register for an event and have fun doing it then why not.

But imho :rolleyes:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Okinawa bugs list
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2003, 12:41:36 AM »
Hmmmm ..... anything that Batz rolls his eyes at must have some real merit after all! :D

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
Okinawa bugs list
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2003, 01:29:48 AM »
would you sign up for an event to fly a 163 into a ship?

NM you just might.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Okinawa bugs list
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2003, 01:34:21 AM »
Yeah ... I'm not all that much a "world revolves around me" person when it comes to events. ;)

Offline Longdist

• Zinc Member
Goon is too ugly
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2003, 02:53:08 AM »
Is there a reason why the allied goon has those ugly red meatballs on them.  Stars would look much better I think.:rolleyes:

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Okinawa bugs list
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2003, 03:40:58 AM »
It's not an allied goon, it is a Tabby, L2D3, a licensed C47,licensed before the war obviously, and produced in Japan Used throught the war by the Japanese as a transport, althought the Japanese vershion had guns and was faster(more powerfull engines). Otherwise identical to a C47 in appearance.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
Okinawa bugs list
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2003, 11:03:15 AM »
Yeah ... I'm not all that much a "world revolves around me" person when it comes to events.

I dunno what your talking about. What event  had to "revolve around me"?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Okinawa bugs list
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2003, 12:33:56 PM »
Wasn't talkin' `bout you ... but from your response you seem to have the inclination to assume the world revolves around you. ;)

Now about assumptions on what may or may not be boring in an event.

Did you ever stop to think that the Baka could be a secondary ride in a "one life event?" Much like players have the option to stick around and gun or drive GVs or goon when they get shot down? There's plenty of players willing to do these things for their team/side if they get waxed early on. So what if it's a one way rocket ride into a simulated destruction of a ship?

I get the feeling that the overall theme and goal of event play goes over your head somewhat (not unlike Fariz). It shows in your attitude about the CT as well. I can only wonder at your drooling over the eventual release of TOD. I mean, the way you always go on about being bored when others don't make your experience more fun for you, personally ... you'd think the thought of tedious missions where you follow the AI general's orders to not die at all costs would really drive you batty.

I tend to not worry about the other guy so much when it comes to the actual playing of the game and more so when it comes to the setup and design. Though I do like making fun of the ch1 whiner a bit too much. Eh ... guess we all have our faults, eh? LOL

;)

(Much more answer than you wanted and probably more than I should have wasted time giving since it won't amount to much - but hey ... like I said ... we all have our faults. ) :D

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
Okinawa bugs list
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2003, 04:43:38 PM »
Last post as its going in circles much like your flying

think its silly but if folks will register for an event and have fun doing it then why not.

Ofcourse it would be a secondary life. If you had read the above then the majority of your last post wasnt necessary.

I have been apart of every event run in ah except midway (I had just co'd BoB and just wanted to fly). Dont pressume to tell me about events.

For that matter fariz was right. He didnt wanna fly bombers and he didnt register to do so. On the IJN side we went without bombers rather then try to bully people into flying planes they dont want.

Events like the ct is about fun. Events arent some self sacrificing "take one for the team" bs. Thats not why folks fly them. If they were we would never be short bomber pilots.

If you look back at most of the events the guys that were on my side all had fun. Read the the allied forums from the last event you see quite a few disgruntled flyers. So dont tell me which style works because you would be wrong. This was the same as Niemen, happy axis, grumpy allies.

Blachwitch is great co and put up a fun fight we just had different ways of addressing the lack of bombers. We decided "so what" if we dont have bomber pilots and the allies expected that folks would just jump right over to fly and fill their bomber slots. Folks dont like bombers in events because the level of fun is low. Witch beat me convincingly in BoB when he didnt have to fill bomber slots. His startegy also was excellent.  I had trouble filling ju88s with experienced pilots and we couldnt hit our assigned targets.

All I care about when co'ing or xo ing or just flying is that the guys around me have fun. Thats it. Win, loose or draw it doesnt matter.

With all your squeaking you could have applied to join the cm ct staff and you certainly can volunteer to Co the next event and show the rest of us how its done.

I fly other games like il2/fb. I have been on 2-3 hour misisons and no kills and have had a blast. But il2 looks good enough and the eng management, formation flying and SA keeps the fun level up. Ah has ugly cockpits, auto climb, dots that can be spotted at very long ranges. Theres just not enough going on to be fun. In FB 2 kills per hour isnt that bad. In ah 2 kills per hour is tedious and boring especially in something called the Combat Theater.

In the mission set up there will be more going on then just flying about. Attack approaches, proper positioning, wingman tactics, exit strategies etc...

None of that is important now even in events. The last event was the first time since big week that plane losses mattered. In the others it was kill building xxx and use your fighters to get your bombers to that building regardless of the costs. Its all about brute force and ultimately ends in a huge furball "fight to the death" where strategies and things like "mission kills" are irrelevant. In Niemen it was wave after wave of allied planes. Losses didnt matter as long as they captured a field. It was a miracle that we held out.

In the mt a small force could hold off a larger not by killing them all but preventing them from completing their mission. You just need cause or threaten to cause enough losses to turn them back. The death penalty allows for this, if not they would keep throwing themselves at the target until its dead. All these things may be alien to you so I dont expect you to understand them.

Different arenas have different types of fun.  Its not about killing but the "fight" and everything it entails. "Fight" in the mt will have a different meaning then in the ct or even in events.

Just like our ideas of fun in the ct differ, you prefer quite areas and I like the areas with lotsa bad guys. You avoid dogfights, I look for them. I really dont care if thats what you like I just dont like getting caught up in those ridiculous chases that go round and round with nothing happening. Extend 10k away yo yo come back half assed ho atttempt run 10k yo yo repeat. I can avoid every ho so they wont kill me, I cant catch you so I cant kill them so here we go complete boredom. Sometimes the smack talk gets umm fired up enough to fight. A bit a friendly ribbing and if they dont bite I leave. I believe that harshest word I used was wuss. So dont try to portray my smack as anything more then just friendly taunting. "Run Forest Run", "Come back ya wuss", "ok I am done with the island tour". Thats about as bad as it gets. Oh forgot "this is boring".

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Okinawa bugs list
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2003, 05:26:11 PM »
Bwahahahaha. You're not an event cod by far, Woe-tan. Defending self-centered brattish behavior in what is supposed to be a team-oriented event is about as stupid as one can get and still manage to find the internet. Your getting on the Allied player board and commenting on how much more fair, fun and better it was on the Axis side was childish and downright rude to Blackwitch and co.

The whole damned game is about fun, goof. The CT staff has had over a year to figure out how to design and present CT setups without changing their minds about "what's fair" a day or two after they change the map. That's stupid. And if you really cared about what was fun for all AH players, you'd work out ways to feature popular favorites when it comes to plane setups .... not make lame excuses time and again just because you're afraid that all the other Axis oriented players are as wussy as you are. You pretend to worry about what's fun for everyone but the only actual example you can offer is your own tear-filled experiences. Now concentrate hard ... just open that mind and read carefully:

If you want a furball .... fly where there's a furball. Even if a high F4U zooms in, you should be sweatin' buckets and breathing hard. If you don't fly to the furball and a Hog bounces you ... even if he makes it a one pass attempt and moves on, don't cry, you'll live .... go seek ye the furball. Don't tell me there haven't been any in the Okinawa setup. I've been in plenty - hog or no hog. If you haven't found any then you're even stupider than I thought. Don't worry so much about what the Hog driver finds fun versus what you find fun. It's not all about you. There's plenty of Allied pilots who don't fly conservatively, even in the Hog. Axis pilots are rackin up kills in record times. They appear to be having fun. If you're going to insist that none of them are having fun, see above about how your intelligence seems to be in a death spiral.

That should help you figure out how fun applies to a group and not just you. You're welcome.

Kanittori appears to know this and has worked hard to build something enjoyable for all of the Pacific CT fans (not just the Axis ones). Yet, even in the midst of praising his work you still feel obligated to cry some more about the F4U. Few take you seriously about it anymore. Do yourself a favor and get the clue. ;)