Author Topic: KOTH-Americas (AAR)  (Read 1207 times)

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
KOTH-Americas (AAR)
« on: June 02, 2003, 11:48:46 AM »
We went for 5 hours, 5 minutes and 15 rounds.  12 minutes short of the current record and new record number of rounds...  We had around 30 pilots for the majority of the rounds, but the length of the event took its toll in the latter rounds.  The Pony-D seemed to be the "ride of choice" as we had 3 rounds rounds in it...  Ultimately, ManeTMP emerged as our KOTH for May.  He's been in the top two or three for months, and this month he finally threw the knock-out punch, solidifying his claim on the title.

THE WINNERS BY ROUNDS:

[list=1]
  • BigMax in a P-51D
  • Beans101 in a Hurricane 1
  • PAND in a Hurricane 2c
  • Rexnord in a P-51D
  • BigMax in a Me262
  • ZenCH in a Yak-9u
  • PAND in a Tempest
  • Wadke in a P-51D
  • Blondy in a BF109F
  • ManeTMP in a FW190A5
  • HBlair in a P-38L
  • ManeTMP in a BF109G10
  • Wadke in a P-47D11
  • DrWho in a F6F
  • ManeTMP in a P-40E
  • [/list=1]

Events Page...

Thanks to all who flew, tell your friends....  KOTH is unlike any other Aces High event!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2003, 11:51:55 AM by BigMax »

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
KOTH-Americas (AAR)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2003, 08:01:32 PM »
BigMax for hosting and pfffft to the participant who was complaining about a distance of 3.5k at the 'FIGHT' call.
We best use the DA next time and each take off from a different base if 3.5 isn't enough seperation.
1k off your 6 is bad, 3k+ in your general vicinity is ok in my book and I've been flying KOTHs since they started in AW.

What are your opinions about 'seperation'?

fuzeman
« Last Edit: June 04, 2003, 04:03:14 AM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
KOTH-Americas (AAR)
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2003, 08:42:16 AM »
If the 3.5k is incidental it's fine.  If the guy has been steadily clocking your 6 and gaining and is at that distance, I can see why there would be an objection.  But, realisticly, if you see a guy that far away, you should be able to avoid or engage without disadvantage.

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
KOTH-Americas (AAR)
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2003, 01:14:28 PM »
I think a solid "common sense" approach is best.  Every single round, I asked if anyone was uncomfortable with their spacing.  On the instances that people said "yes" I delayed turning Killshooter "Off" until they were happy.  There is no minimum in my book, but if one person feels someone is "crowding" them, then the offender is too close.

Shadowing in itself is illegal in that it creates an unequal situation.  If close proximity is dictated by numbers in the arena, players should make a "gentleman's agreement" with the pilots around them NOT TO ENGAGE each other initially so that no one is disadvantaged.  I have done this on several occasions.

The whole KOTH ideology centers around the premise that "the best pilot should win".  One unwritten part of that, is "under equal conditions/circumstances".  If a pilot encroachs on another before the fight is actually on, then IMHO they are violating the foundational ethics of KOTH.  Basically the pilot who knowingly violates another's "safe zone" is trying to gain an illegal edge.

Ultimately, from the CM's perspective, KOTH is about providing a 100% level playing field for all parties involved so that by the end of the night, the winner has established himself/herself as "the best pilot participating that night".

***KOTH is a game of skill, situational awareness, and honor.  KOTH participants are "the knights at a joust" for Aces High.  KOTH is NOT about winning, it's about being part of it!***

Our Wild Wednesday terrain is a bit restrictive, but the limited amount of space makes for more action and shorter rounds.  Several weeks ago I requested that the terrain team develop a new, larger terrain for KOTH.  It is supposed to done sometime this summer.  It has a very unique theme, and with HTC's blessing, we will open some of the design aspects to the playing community.  More details will follow as we get closer to finalizing our new terrain.

I'm really not sure if I answered your comments/questions, but I hope to have provided some insight into my vision of what KOTH truly is.  Your interest, suggestions, and comments are always appreciated.

C U next KOTH!

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
KOTH-Americas (AAR)
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2003, 02:21:21 PM »
Mane Won?!? Well damn..I knew i shoulda been there to haunt him! :D :p

Anyways wtg :)

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
KOTH-Americas (AAR)
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2003, 04:53:08 PM »
WTFG mane its about time you won. =S=
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
KOTH-Americas (AAR)
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2003, 09:29:31 AM »
almost won the euro too lol! ... tnx :D

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
KOTH-Americas (AAR)
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2003, 12:55:53 PM »
Originally posted by Manedew
almost won the euro too lol! ... tnx :D

Hey hombre, I forgot which plane you picked for next month... Please refresh my memory.

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
KOTH-Americas (AAR)
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2003, 02:48:39 PM »
not sure ... guess I'll pick another......    How about the dora? 190D9

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
KOTH-Americas (AAR)
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2003, 07:31:01 PM »
Any date set for the June KOTH?
Haven't heard or seen a post about it yet.
[ Yes, I am aware of the mailing list. ]

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
KOTH-Americas (AAR)
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2003, 02:39:27 AM »
This coming Friday - will be posting the Special Events Announcement later today; however, the KOTH is on both the official Calendar as well as on my Events Calendar, which I will also be updating later today.  :)

Next month, due to SquadOps possibly being pushed back a week because of the July 4th weekend, the KOTH may have to be held on August 1st; however, it would get back on track with the next one which would be on August 29th - fortunately there are 5 Fridays in August.  :D  I'm still waiting for confirmation from BigMax, but does this sound OK to you KOTH players?  ;)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
KOTH-Americas (AAR)
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2003, 05:17:43 AM »
Jun 27th Fuze, 10PM EST... Will do a fully updated post a little later today.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
KOTH-Americas (AAR)
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2003, 02:42:43 PM »
I guess I should check those calanders more often.
Thanks Gur.. oops  ... Flossy and BigMax

fuzeman
'always a target, never a targetee'