Author Topic: Can somebody paint a picture...  (Read 719 times)

Offline theboomanchu

• Zinc Member
Can somebody paint a picture...
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2003, 11:58:43 AM »
I have had issues in the past with my sound card and games.  Try to set the hardware acceleration lower in (depending on your OS, but should be close to this) "settings", "control panel", "multimedia", "Audio" tab, playback "advanced properties" button, and the "performance" tab.  You'll see two sliders, one being hardware acceleration, the other being sample rate conversion quality.  If they are both to the right, you may try moving them left and giving it a try.  I would leave the Sample rate conversion quality alone til you try the hardware acceleration, because it doesn't seem to make as much difference.  This may or may not work, as you have a diff card than I do, but it may be worth a try.  hope this helps.

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2003, 08:35:08 AM »
thnx, but Ive already been down the accelarttion path.  I have it at 3/4 as recommended by skuzzy, but i tried to lower it even further.  I really couldnt tell the difference either way.  the soundcard thing kinda confuses me.  Ive heard that if you lower the slider, that it actually puts MORE strain on the puter, but I dont know.

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2003, 08:39:01 AM »
Originally posted by BenDover
I'd need a new motherboard to get DDR :(

And a new vid card aswell, my GF4 MX for some reason only gives a small performance boost over my 2/3 PCI voodoo4 I had in before :(

Ive been down the vidcard road too.  i keep getting the, nexst to best, until I finally wind up with the one that works well, only I got 3 $200 ones laying around the house.
  GF 4 440mx vs GF 4ti4200.  Get the ti4200, it is a big leap ofer the gf 4 440.  Id say avg.15-20 fps.  Clouds are easy.  In fact everything goes for the ti4200 except very busy scenes.   Exploding planes bombs dropping and 6 or 7 buffs in the picture.

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2003, 10:26:32 AM »
The fan's not working on my 460, surprised the thing hasn't melted tbh.

Good thing is its under warrenty, hopefully I'll get my money back and be able to get that OEM Ti.

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2003, 01:45:19 PM »
ya..my ti42oo fan made a horrible racket from the git go, had to reroute the micro wires,.  The fan was hitting them.:mad:

Offline acetnt

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2003, 02:13:21 PM »
Though not always necessary - would suggest you reinstall software if replacing motherboard - did this once and had so many problems that I just reinstalled all the software

Regards