Author Topic: Trucks  (Read 262 times)

Offline Emptygun26

• Zinc Member
Trucks
« on: June 04, 2003, 11:28:56 AM »
I would like to see trucks, Duce and a halfs and Jeeps, they move alittle quicker on he battle feild than the M3s do, the Duce and a halfs can carry air feild cargo, troops, and GV supplies.
 I would also like to see roads, on the roads gvs move alittle faster, the downside is they are on roads, which means they are easer to see, and there for easer to kill.
 The Jeeps should be able to carry GV supplies and be avl for rescue missions for downed pilots. I would also like to see a hvy armed verson. I read about the SAS durring WWII using Jeeps  that were loaded down with guns, making rapid assults on airfeilds, basicly a high powered drive by. They did these attacks with alot of sucess in Africa, france and germany. They were able to destory ammo dumps, planes, fuel dumps and roll out before any fighters could up to kill them.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jeep_man/sasjalb.htm

Thats a vickers on the drivers side, a .50 cal on the right, and twin vickers in the rear.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2003, 11:34:30 AM by Emptygun26 »

Offline snocone

• Copper Member
Trucks
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 12:27:38 PM »
lol empty, that is one hell of a jeep!!!

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Re: Trucks
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2003, 01:23:46 PM »
Originally posted by Emptygun26
I would like to see trucks, Duce and a halfs and Jeeps, they move alittle quicker on he battle feild than the M3s do . . .

I would also like to see roads, on the roads gvs move alittle faster, the downside is they are on roads, which means they are easer to see, and there for easer to kill.
 The Jeeps should be able to carry GV supplies and be avl for rescue missions for downed pilots.

I would also like to see a hvy armed verson. I read about the SAS . . .

Thats a vickers on the drivers side, a .50 cal on the right, and twin vickers in the rear.

Yes by all means, deuce and a halfs should be able to carry more men and supplies but they don't move across the field faster than the M3s in AH do.

I love the idea of Jeeps as well as machine gun nests, rifle pits, something to break up the ack gun only thing.  I also like the idea of different types of ack/AT guns manned at a site.

But before I got trucks, I would like a few variations on the armor theme.  A Sherman, T-34, a Pzkpfw Mk II and III, etc.

Tired of killing and taking out these limited--although extremely versatile--options.  

I would probably rather have field arty than a truck or jeep as well.

Sakai
"The P-40B does all the work for you . . ."

Offline Emptygun26

• Zinc Member
Trucks
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2003, 08:25:54 AM »
bump

Its a damn good idea....

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Trucks
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2003, 11:33:52 AM »
Certainly a Sherman Calliope would be a good selection.  So would the T-34.  And a jeep with a .50 cal for those "Rat Patrol" memories.

Offline corey

• Zinc Member
Trucks
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2003, 10:00:57 AM »
how about a helicopter for search and rescue maby with a m-60 on each side. any other ideas :) :)

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Trucks
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2003, 10:03:27 AM »
Originally posted by corey
how about a helicopter for search and rescue maby with a m-60 on each side. any other ideas :) :)

I'd love to see a 'Nam Sim come along that was decent.

Sakai
"The P-40B does all the work for you . . ."