Author Topic: 'first' flight  (Read 291 times)

Offline udet

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.angelfire.com/nd/mihaipruna/dogfight.html
'first' flight
« on: June 04, 2003, 03:30:27 PM »
Finally got back in the air, after more than 3 years since my first 2 lessons. I started with the basics again. (turns climb descent)Man do I suck :confused:
The instructor said I was too uptight and was using way too much rudder. Hope I will get better with time.

Offline Syzygyone

• Silver Member
Re: 'first' flight
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 03:40:35 PM »
Originally posted by udet
Finally got back in the air, after more than 3 years since my first 2 lessons. I started with the basics again. (turns climb descent)Man do I suck :confused:
The instructor said I was too uptight and was using way too much rudder. Hope I will get better with time.

Too quote the movie Contact:
Small moves, sparks, small moves!

Good luck with the PPL!

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
'first' flight
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2003, 04:01:34 PM »
I jumped back into the Cessna 172 recently and found myelf looking for "alt x"  

And wouldn't ya know, the other planes in the pattern didnt have an icon showing....messed up plane or what?  :p

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
'first' flight
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2003, 04:07:35 PM »
Good luck udet!

Cessnas usually require little to no rudder in turns and just a bit of right rudder while climbing.

You'll get the hang of it in no time :)

Daniel

Offline udet

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.angelfire.com/nd/mihaipruna/dogfight.html
'first' flight
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2003, 07:08:31 PM »
Originally posted by CyranoAH
Good luck udet!

Cessnas usually require little to no rudder in turns and just a bit of right rudder while climbing.

You'll get the hang of it in no time :)

Daniel

yeah, totally forgot about using right rudder in a climb. I don't think the 152 with its put-put engine needs any.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
'first' flight
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2003, 08:39:00 PM »
Udet,

Cessna is simple, keep it that way.  REmember to watch the Turn and Bank with "Slip Ball" keep it centered at all times unless intending to lead a turn, crab, or slip into a landing.  SOunds like you will be back into the groove in no time.  SAve the excessive rudder play for when you jump into the T-6.  ;)
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.