Author Topic: Whaat?  (Read 1679 times)

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
Whaat?
« on: June 14, 2003, 12:21:34 PM »
Okay.. someone please explain to me why we have no Yak 9us in this setup... please?

I saw they were penciled in, and then people threw fits.. and now they're not in the hangers.

The /first/ setup that I ever played here was this one, and we had 'em. It was fine. People flew, most everyone enjoyed it... was a break from the spits, etc etc.

Guys, we're here because we enjoy flying. Not because this planeset can kick the other planeset's butt. So what if for one week your plane set is a bit inferior- Deal with it or switch sides for a week. Play the MA, or mess around in training if you can't deal with it.. but things even out in the end.

I'm really dissapointed that the yaks aren't there. We always seem to see the same basic planeset, hurris.. spits.. 109s, 190s.. 87s, 88s.. a-20s... This is a chance to toss in something else we don't get to see very often in the CT. I don't like flying the MA, too busy.. people aren't as polite, and I /thought/ that the people in the CT were better at sucking it up when they had the 'disadvantage'. I thought that maybe instead of running away, they'd rise up to the challenge and try to figure out a different way to approach flying against yaks.

Guess I was wrong?

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Whaat?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2003, 12:46:19 PM »
the yak 9u is a late 44 plane. Its on the same time frame as the g10 and d9. It also didnt operate against Finland.

The la5fn is faster then any axis plane below 10k

the yak 9t is faster between 6k and 1k.

Both the lafn will out turn the axis planes at med speeds. Lo speed the 109s have the advantage.

at and above 15k the 190a5 and 109gs have the speed advantage.

Overall it pretty balanced.

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
Whaat?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2003, 02:11:53 PM »
Yak9U mass production start Aprill 1944 and 163 IAP start combat test fligts Oct 1944 in Baltic region far away form Finland.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Whaat?
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2003, 02:45:00 PM »
You have a Yak9T be happy. The Yak9U is in the calss of the La7, G10 and FW190D9 and would unbalance the setup vs G6 and FW190A5 as it completely outcalsses each of those at all alts and has no weaknesses to balance out and make for interesting fihts.

Think about it why are you asking for it if you think it has no imapct - then it would be same without it...

Adding G10 or D9 to balance it out would skew the setup towards BNZ and away from the agresive fights we have now.

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
Whaat?
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2003, 04:02:54 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
no weaknesses to balance out and make for interesting fihts.

OH, so the puny ammo load isn't a weakness? The Yak9u is a great plane, yes. It does have weaknesses. Its a hard plane to fly, and fly well, unless you know what you're doing. When you do, its great. It has very little ammo, if memory serves me right- 200 rounds total. Doesn't make for long trips, eh?

You guys are missing my point here. There /are/ ways to overcome the Yak9u 'Advantage'. There has to be. There is a way to overcome every problem placed before you without whinning to get it moved.

Besides, what makes the game better. Flying around and winning every single time you go into a dog-fight, or flying around and getting to go against a plane/pilot that outclasses you a little- forcing you to step up to the plate and try a little harder, and in doing so become a better pilot?

If all we ever flew against were people and planes that were perfectly matched in every single way, we all flew at the exact same altitude and used the same moves, you would get bored without a doubt.

By taking out the yak9u, you take away an element of interest. It isn't the same without the yak in there, I know that. Putting it back would make a difference. A big one.

Were all these air wars /fair/? Didn' think so.

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
Whaat?
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2003, 05:10:21 PM »
Hi

I did see FinRus-map deveploping very closely because Kanttori, The  map maker,  is my squad mate.

"By taking out the yak9u, you take away an element of interest. It isn't the same without the yak in there, I know that. Putting it back would make a difference. A big one. "

Its very funny to me read your comments. What makes you think Yak9U belong originally to this map?

Element of interest? FinRus-map was record break in CT numbers

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Whaat?
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2003, 05:56:55 PM »
There is a Yak in this CT setup, stop crying and go fly it right now.

Offline Sundiver

• Copper Member
Whaat?
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2003, 06:20:12 PM »
"Its very funny to me read your comments. What makes you think Yak9U belong originally to this map? "

Because the Yak9U was in the map the last two times it was played? Of course so were the big G rides and people whined about it then as well.

My only complaint is seeing my favorite ride in the whole game listed in a map it's been in before. Logging in to find it's been pulled do to whining.

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
Whaat?
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2003, 08:35:05 PM »
Originally posted by Xjazz

Element of interest? FinRus-map was record break in CT numbers

And, the Yak9u was in there when it broke the numbers I'm guessing. Why change a winning formula?

If someone can give me an honest to god reason why the plane was pulled that /isn't/ 'because it wasn't fair'- then I'll shut up. But so far I haven't seen that reason.

The people that are telling me to just fly the 9t and be happy are completely missing the point of this post. Completely.

Let me tell you a little story.

I just spent 3 and a half days stuck in a situation where 30 strangers were tossed together and told we had to become a team. We had to do things together like put all 30 of us over a 6.5 foot high rope with no help but ourselves.

It sucked. We failed miserably until we got it figured out. We could have whinned to get the rope lowered, we could have whinned and tried to get a stepping stool to at least help a little- We could have whinned a /lot/ the whole time to get what we 'wanted'.

But in the end, we did it with no help from the outside. And it was an amazing feeling, and the whole time... not one negative comment. Not one. I know that's hard to believe, but that was what made it so cool. We worked /together/ to overcome the obstacle.

End story.

If 30 strangers can do that, can't a bunch of people who have been flying together for awhile come up with a way to defeat a yak9u (which, it can be done. I've been shot down in them- we all have if you've flown on!) without whinning to get it removed?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Whaat?
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2003, 08:52:08 PM »
Kesolei .... .... good attitude, ma'am.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2003, 10:29:32 PM by Arlo »

Offline Mike_2851

• Copper Member
Whaat?
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2003, 09:12:34 PM »
Sorry Arlo-I got to step in with a correction on this one

The Sir you refer to is a She-She's a babe, and I'm proud to say that she is one of ours

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Whaat?
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2003, 10:30:08 PM »
Edited accordingly, Mike.

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
Whaat?
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2003, 10:39:15 PM »
Awwe.. Mike, you're makin' me blush. ;)

And, thank you guys, Sundiver, Arlo and Mike. I'm glad to see /someone/ isn't against what I'm saying!

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Whaat?
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2003, 10:59:39 PM »
The Yak9U was not originally in the setup, somebody added it later on and messes everything up.

Shut up and fly the 9T....  Or do you want people to start whinig for the G10 or Dora?

Damn why cant some people live without the latest greatest late war uber rides - learn to fly dammit....

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Whaat?
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2003, 12:13:48 AM »
they have the yak T with the one ping wonder gun in its nose - pls stop whining

somebody tell me how one 37mm ping can take a wing off yet numerous 20mm (nose & gonds) takes more than a couple of pings to flame a yak

must be the better made russian ammo :rolleyes:
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals