Author Topic: Whaat?  (Read 1674 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Whaat?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2003, 12:17:27 AM »
Because just like MK108 30mm the 37mm has a lot more HE than a 20mm?

But I have not found killing Yak or La5 or Hurri with 1x20mm 2x13mm in Bf109G6 to be aqny problem. Thankfully I dont have to shoot at FM2s though.. :)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Whaat?
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2003, 12:20:54 AM »
Originally posted by kesolei

If 30 strangers can do that, can't a bunch of people who have been flying together for awhile come up with a way to defeat a yak9u (which, it can be done. I've been shot down in them- we all have if you've flown on!) without whinning to get it removed?

It seems to me that YOU are the one whining here. What's wrong with the Yak-9T? I have no trouble getting 3-4 kills per sortie in it.

As was stated by others, the Yak-9U was not available to the Soviets during the time period this set-up reflects. The Soviets are limited to the 9T and the La-5FN, both of which are very good fighters. Odd are that if you can't get the job done in one of those, then I doubt you will in the later fighters either.

As to defeating the Yak-9U, the 109G2 owns it, unless the Yak pilot runs, as the Yak is faster. However, the 109G2 turns better and climbs much better. Meeting a 9U Co-E and Co-alt usually results in a dead Yak, if they stick around and fight... I suspect most will simply run the instant they discover that they cannot maneuver with the G2 for long and live.

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
Whaat?
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2003, 12:35:29 AM »
Widewing- I thank you in part for attempting to make a coherant arguement against what I'm saying and pointing out what plane can defeat the yak.

As for the part about me whining? Yea, I kinda am. More-so I'm trying to point out that a bunch of grown men are more concerned about whinning to get rid of an opponents good plane than trying to come up with a way to defeat it.

And Grunherz? You can stop saying 'shut up and fly the 9t'. If you can't tell, I'm more apt to /actually/ respond to intelligent argument against my points. I am flying the 9t.  I'm just dissapointed in the people I fly with for whinning so much that the 9u actually got removed. They've never, ever done that when we whine against the spit IVs, and whatever the heck plane we're whinning against this week. It sickens me.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Whaat?
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2003, 12:50:46 AM »
I donno k, you seem to have become dead set in your ways while many people have very nicely answered your question. Look how you are still fighting and arguing that people somehow wrongly "whined" the 9U out of the planeset even when widewing nicely explained to you why the 9U is inapporopriate and unnneccseary in this planeset in the first place.

So pardon my frustration and keep flying the 9T,  its a good plane.

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
Whaat?
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2003, 03:20:16 AM »
"I wanna yak9U! I wanna yak9U! I wanna yak9U! I wanna yak9U!"

Sounds like h2h-room whiner... :rolleyes:

FinRus-map was very first time in CT 12-15-2002 and without Yak9U.

Original setup
http://www.savanne.org/ah/FINRUS/gameset.html

Kesolei & Co Yak9U whiners, its good to know that YOU know better our war time history, than Finns.  You also have a access to read the Finnsh and Russian military records for war time?

Which Finnish WW2 Pilot fight against Yak9U? Please, give a name...

"I wanna yak9U! I wanna yak9U! I wanna yak9U! I wanna yak9U!"

Gosh! Grov up!

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Whaat?
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2003, 03:27:09 AM »
See now you dun it, the Finns are mad at you :)

Thats not something you want, ask the Russ.........

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Whaat?
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2003, 08:12:36 AM »
Kesolei & Co Yak9U whiners, its good to know that YOU know better our war time history, than Finns. You also have a access to read the Finnsh and Russian military records for war time?

I dont believe anyone is questioning history. They just like the 9U and want to fly it. Next time it should be added with the D9 and G-10 and we all can be happy, or happier I guess.   Dont let the "Axis whine mafia" get to you Kesolei:D  <>

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
Whaat?
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2003, 11:08:22 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
I donno k, you seem to have become dead set in your ways while many people have very nicely answered your question. Look how you are still fighting and arguing that people somehow wrongly "whined" the 9U out of the planeset even when widewing nicely explained to you why the 9U is inapporopriate and unnneccseary in this planeset in the first place.

Musta missed my acknowledging his arguement, huh? Widewing did make a very good point, and I'm willing to accept his reasoning as to why the plane was taken out.

But is that the honest-to-god reason why the plane was taken out? CT staff, most likely, are the only people that can answer that. If one of them would kindly tell me that the plane was taken out for reasons other than axis whinning- I'll shut up and you wont hear another peep outta me.

Jazz? I would really appreciate it if you didn't stoop to name calling. I'm not a 'h2h-room whiner', I'm actually someone that tends to discourage all that. When I started this thread, I wasn't really whinning. If it came off that way, well- sorry. I was attempting to come up with a way to show my dissapointment at having things changed for what I saw as an unfair reason and /not/ do it by saying, "MAN! This sucks! They took the yak away and I want it back, NOW!"

I asked for the reason why, which I feel I'm entitled too, and Widewing has told me a good reason why in a, for the most part, good way. Other people gave bits and pieces, yes.

I don't care about kills. I enjoy flying. I like flying the 9u, the 9t is a fair substitute- but it isn't the 9u.

Again, if the CT staff did indeed take the 9u out because it wasn't really in production yet, I'll stop. But that reason has to come from one of them before I'll really believe it.

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
Whaat?
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2003, 11:49:04 AM »
Kesolei,

Originally posted by Xjazz
Sounds like h2h-room whiner... :rolleyes: [/B]
I just say how yours comments strat sound to me.

You ask the reasons. This time read more carefully:
Yak9U mass production start Aprill 1944 and 163 IAP start combat test fligts Oct 1944 in Baltic region far away form Finland. [/B]
Not good reason?

FinRus-map was very first time in CT 12-15-2002 and without Yak9U.

Original setup
http://www.savanne.org/ah/FINRUS/gameset.html
Not good reason?

What makes you think Yak9U belong originally to this map?[/B]
And your answer is?

CT stuff use original FinRus plane setup.

When CT have next time BoB setup, how about Tempest or F4U-4 for Alied side just for you?

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
Whaat?
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2003, 12:25:12 PM »
Jazz? Perhaps I thought it went with the map beause its been a part of the map the last 2 times its been played. I'll admit- I've only been here a short period of time. I wasn't here when the map made its debut, I'm just running off the experiance I've had with the map.

Okay. So it wasn't originally with the map.

I Looked at what you said each time and said, "Okay." I also thought, "He's completely missing my point."

The Yak9u may have no place what-so-ever in the map. You guys have shown me enough to say that yea, the plane doesn't really belong and I'm not going to begrudge that fact. But people whinned and whinned when they saw the 9u in the setup, and then when I logged in- it wasn't in the hanger. What conclusion am I to draw as to why the plane isn't there?

I'm dissapointed that people whinned so much that a plane was taken out of a planeset. People always whine here, they whine rather than try to do something constructive to fix the problem. Honestly? I could care less that the yak isn't in there. If I really want to fly it, I'll run over to the TA with some people and run around in it and get my fix. That's what I do, ask some of my squaddies.

I'm just tired of watching a bunch of grown men act like children, and this case was enough to make me say something about it. You guys can stop telling me that the plane doesn't belong in there, and that it wasn't original. I understand that. Like I said, If that is the reason the plane was taken out- I will gladly shut up about it. But I don't think that's the reason the plane was taken out, and /that/ is why I'm dissapointed. Not because the plane isn't there.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2003, 12:28:01 PM by kesolei »

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Whaat?
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2003, 02:26:47 PM »
Yes people complained because it id does not belong int the setup it is a late war plane with serious performance advnatages that make it unbalanced and unrealistic for the setup.

And yes k I did see how you "acknowledged" widewing's response - you did it by immediatly whining again how you think it's removal was still unfair.

So now as you have been proven wrong  do yourself a favor stop crying and wipe of those tears and go fly the 9T...

Whats so hard about that?

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Whaat?
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2003, 03:13:54 PM »
I cant figure why HTC didnt include a 23mm option for the Yak-9T (which it had). All those options in so many a/c, and nothing for the 9T. I suspect a lot of folks find the 37mm ammo issue a bit frustrating when facing 190s and 109s with or without gondolas. You dont need a 37mm cannon to shoot a fighter, its like hunting ducks with a .308.

Agree on the 9U, it is a later 1944 a/c. If they added the 190A-8 I could see putting in the Yak-9U as a balancer.

Basically fly the LA-5 if the ammo issue bothers you.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2003, 03:38:27 PM by Squire »
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Whaat?
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2003, 03:26:01 PM »
Yak9U is comporable to the D9 not A8, they entered combat about the same time in late 1944. The A8 entered combat in early 44 and the nearly identical A7 did in late 43.

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
Whaat?
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2003, 03:42:22 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
So now as you have been proven wrong  do yourself a favor stop crying and wipe of those tears and go fly the 9T...

Whats so hard about that?

Have you even read half of what I've been saying? You too miss the entire point of what I'm trying to say. I /am/ flying the 9t. I don't /care/ that the 9u isn't there. If I want to fly it, I'll go the the TA or MA and take it for a spin.

I'm just tired of watching a bunch of grown men act like children, and this case was enough to make me say something about it. You guys can stop telling me that the plane doesn't belong in there, and that it wasn't original. I understand that. Like I said, If that is the reason the plane was taken out- I will gladly shut up about it. But I don't think that's the reason the plane was taken out, and /that/ is why I'm dissapointed. Not because the plane isn't there.

Let me spell it out plain and simple, here.

MY POINT:
A plane was taken out of a rotation because so many people whinned about it's being there, after it was successfully added and used for at least 2 weeks. This behavior on our parts as pilots dissapoints me.

NOT MY POINT:
The yak 9u isn't in there.
The yak 9u should be in there.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Whaat?
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2003, 03:44:02 PM »
If you are talking strictly dates, I agree. As balance, I *might* put it in, but its a workable setup as it stands. Its never going to be 100 percent fair, a/c entered service at different times, and they also are all different in performance, so a balance can be hard to strike. Same old same old.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24