Author Topic: Ya want aggrevation?  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
Ya want aggrevation?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2003, 02:59:32 PM »
had the same problem with my CM when I had one (AT&T Broadband).  Took them seven months to resolve it.  In the end it boiled down to a bad router on the local cable provider's side; the broadband folks couldn't do more than ask the local cable folks nicely to fix the line.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Ya want aggrevation?
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2003, 03:59:42 PM »
Originally posted by recon7
Yep, going throught the same thing here w/ Charter.  I've logged 10 trouble tickets and had 3 dispatches to the house.  Every time, "No trouble found"  No chit!  I've told them it only happens between 7:30 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. during what I would consider "peak" usage hours.  Runs like a champ all day, just can't play AH during those times.  Sounds like they have too many subscribers on their network to me, but they swear it's not the case.  Have been attempting to escalate to management for about 1 month now, with no calls returned.  DSL not coming to my neighborhood until 1Q or 2Q 2004.

What part of B'ham do you live in recon? Right now I am pissed off with Bellsouth because they can't seem to get the billing done correctly. Other than that when they actually decide to have their billing working correctly the DSL service is excellent.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline snocone

• Copper Member
Ya want aggrevation?
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2003, 05:17:47 PM »
nothing is easier to give to your customers than good customer service.

nothing sucks worse than not getting it.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Ya want aggrevation?
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2003, 12:34:06 PM »
Ripsnort LOL.........thinking of taking one hostage now, maybe tie him or her up......place them in the BMWs' trunk and leave them in there.  Tuesday morning it goes to the shop to be repaired, replace the bumper.  Maybe when it's done I'll inform Road Runner where their techie is located......if they solve the problem.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline flyingaround

• Nickel Member
Ya want aggrevation?
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2003, 05:58:03 PM »
On the Disco's....I was CTD every 30min to an hour non stop for quite a while.  25 disco's? heck...that's not even a good week for me.  I was unable to figure out what it was until by accicent i noticed how hot my case was when flying AH.  Turns out that AH uses A LOT of CPU power and heats it up.  After a little bit of trial and error I found that AH was causing my CPU to go mega-hot and caused the CTD.  I installed a hvy duty CPU fan and have maby CTD 10 times in the past 4 months.

Now here is my story on getting DSL.
They had a special deal where you get 20.00 off your bill per month for six months if you sign up for a year contract, and a free modem.  Sounded like a good idea so I went with it.  Within 48hrs they shipped a modem and setup up equip. (nic. card etc) so I proceeded to load the software, and attempt to get online.  I was unable to do so and when I called the DSL tech's they said "give it 24-48 more hours, maby your account is not turned on yet" so I waited 2 more days.  After 2 days passed I called them again, and this started FIVE days of 4hrs a night or more  speaking with the South Western Bell DSL technical peeps.  Wonderful bunch of folk, dumb as stumps, but for the most part quite courteous.  They could not figure out why I could not get online.  After five days, and close to TWENTY FOUR HOURS of their bumbling help they decided I needed an in-home visit from one of their local tech's.  
I had finally had enough.  
I snapped on this poor girl who was being quite nice.  I didn't curse or raise my voice, but explained to this young lady that she was going to pull up whatever screen was on her computer that she reads to help her tech. customers problems.  i.e.  If the customer says this, it might be this, this, or that.  etc, etc.  I then had her read to me the subject lines and click them for me if they sounded correct.  She was very helpful as she read off various ways to tech my problem.  WITHIN TEN MIN. of her reading off the FAQ help I had not only figured out what was going on, but I had fixed it and was online.  Turns out it was a conflict with Zone Alarm hozing the PPP virtual software gateway thingy they use.  I had to go into reg-edit and play a bit, but I had it all fixed in about 10 min.  They KNEW about my having Zone Alarm installed on my computer.  Every tech was given the information that I had used to fix the problem myself. FEK. I was torn between happiness at being online, and pissed over how flat out stupid the SWB tech's were.  After about a month, my local phone service was shut off over a billing error on THEIR part.  I had my phone up and running quick, but my DSL would not work.  Turns out that's  because when my phone line was turned off, the DSL was automatically turned off and my info jerked out of the local routers.  I was told that it was all automated, and this was S.O.P. for their company.  Even after they were explained that it was all THEIR fault, I was told I had to cough up a $200.00 deposit for being a high credit risk now.
Oh no.
They did NOT just tell me that.
Looking past the crappy download speed, and just how limited my bandwith was (I usually surfed at 700/k bandwith and 150/k download speed) and just how crappy their tech's were, I asked to speak to a supervisor, and told THEM to stick it.  I was warned that I was under contract, and breaking contract with them would cost $200.00 for an early termination fee.  So I had two options.  I could tell them to shove it for 200.00 or keep up with this horrendous service for 200.00.  
Hmmmm......
What did Lute do you ask?
Closed my account, and told them to kiss my arse for the remaining 10months on my contract of course.
 IDIOTS.
I still get happy little letters from SWB and they DO seem to want to try and charge me a 200.00 early term. fee.  Well, good luck South Western Bell.  Hope they hold their breath waiting.  They are NOT getting a dime from me.
Bastards.

-Lute
III/JG26th 9ST Widow Makers
WMLute

III/JG26 9th ST WidowMakers

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Ya want aggrevation?
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2003, 06:18:07 PM »
EVERY tech-help weenie in the world (and in my business I have to deal with a LOT of em)...spends his/her time between phone calls staring at a large sign in front of room--it says..................

"thats funny, i've never heard of THAT PROBLEM BEFORE"

they are required to say this ten times in a row to get card-access door open in the morning
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
Ya want aggrevation?
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2003, 11:35:05 AM »
Originally posted by bj229r
EVERY tech-help weenie in the world (and in my business I have to deal with a LOT of em)...spends his/her time between phone calls staring at a large sign in front of room--it says..................

"thats funny, i've never heard of THAT PROBLEM BEFORE"

they are required to say this ten times in a row to get card-access door open in the morning

LMAO, man.  You are right.  If I had a nickel for every time I got that response, I'd be retired.

shubie