Author Topic: Shane is killing countrymen  (Read 2723 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Shane is killing countrymen
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2003, 07:24:06 PM »
Originally posted by Shane

it sets as much a bad example as you think i set...

Neh ... you never like being second rate at anything. Bad examples included. ;)

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2003, 07:33:45 PM »
eddiek

I still support no KillShooter. Sure, what I wrote may look bad, my screen shots may look bad but the point is there. We all know what shane is and this is just the icing on the cake. He gives everyone a hasel and this one turned on him. I may run, I may hide, but this is the lowest and he knows it.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2003, 08:13:56 PM »
i do understand how people can respect daddog, i used to before he went and got holier than thou on me. i love the smell of burning hypocrisy in the morning.
Did I mention religion? Besides, I am not religious, at least not as you define it. Holier than thou? :) I just suggested you expand your horizons and watch some T.V.  
now take a deep breathe, look in the mirror, and ask youself, "do i suck at real life as much as i suck in the game, is my real stick as misfiring as my joystick, is this high horse i'm trying to ride a dead one?"
Wow..
Did not mean to push your button. :D
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2003, 08:31:07 PM »
Hmm. After reading this whole thread, and with all due respect to all posters, I gotta say the "milk-running" weenies definitely are a major aggravation in the CT and I must Shane for causing it to get notice on the boards, no matter how egregious he is in causing it. :p

Nuttin' worse than cking in to the CT for a quickie and finding milkrunners from each country at opposite ends of the map, and both "disappearing" when confronted.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2003, 09:40:21 PM »
Originally posted by Arfann
Hmm. After reading this whole thread, and with all due respect to all posters, I gotta say the "milk-running" weenies definitely are a major aggravation in the CT and I must Shane for causing it to get notice on the boards, no matter how egregious he is in causing it. :p

Nuttin' worse than cking in to the CT for a quickie and finding milkrunners from each country at opposite ends of the map, and both "disappearing" when confronted.

Sorry ... I beg to differ.

1: There's no excuse for deliberately fragging.

2: Milkrunning isn't going to stop because of what Shane did.

3: Milkrunning isn't going to stop because of it's "getting notice on the BBS." (Which, btw, it got long before Shane decided it would be fun to frag Curtiss-Hawk in a tank).

In other words, the only thing Shane "accomplished" here was to get KS turned back on.

You applaud what Shane did because you see it as the lesser of two evils and because you think the end justifies the means.

(Prepare for some redundancy here)

A: How is deliberately fragging (especially to "prove a point" or "teach a lesson") better than "milkrunning?"

B: How is Shane fragging Curtiss-Hawk going to put an end to milkrunning?

Answers:

A: It isn't. If anything it's worse. Shane didn't opt to defend that HQ from Curtiss-Hawk's unopposed attack. He opted to spawn in a "friendly" tank and hunt C-Hawk down. He half-heartedly tried to carry over the same lame excuse he used when doing it here to this thread (friendly icons off) but when it became apparent that it wasn't really gonna fool anyone he opted for it being a good way to teach C-Hawk a lesson in propriety. Which is just as stupid a claim.

B: It isn't. "Milk-running" is as old as online sims. Whether it be a bored player who logged onto an empty arena and is killing time or whether he logged onto an empty arena and decided to practice his gunnery/bombing/rocketry until someone decided to log on and oppose him ... it's gonna happen. Even if it's a player that's in a populated arena and decided to take a break (or is waiting for his buddies to log on) and decided to go bomb something solo without a dozen fighters pickin' him apart enroute .... it's gonna happen. Fragging ain't the "cure" by a long shot.

Here's a pretty good guess at what went down:

The arena was pretty empty. Shane was bored and frustrated. He wanted some more fights but there wasn't anyone up. He checked the roster and saw there was still a player or two in the arena with him. He saw an HQ flashing (whether his or the other side's). He saw no con on the lapmap. He watched for awhile longer. No con materialized. He knew it was a GV.

If he was on the other side, he switched .... if not, he didn't bother switching ... then spawned nearby and went GV hunting. No he didn't really have "icons off." It's easier to locate the GV if it's a friendly and the icons are on. (Guess what, Shane apparently thinks when we film ourselves we will see an icon over our vehicle. That comment was pretty funny.)

He located Curtiss-Hawk. He had hoped it was him and confirming just made him want to do this even more. He pulls up behind him and starts his act. "Oh lookie here! I've a-snuck up on uh enema GV" (He types on the country channel) and he lets loose. Obviously C-Hawk had his icons on too, he knew Shane was a friendly right off the bat. Surely he looked around when he heard another tank coming. Or maybe he was underway (albeit slower than Shane) and didn't hear him coming at all. Either way, it was sure to be a surprise when he started taking hits and looked around to see a friendly pounding him at his point blank six (from the looks of it, it took more than one round).

Obviously C-Hawk is upset and tells Shane to stop. Shane (giggling to himself) goes into his "Errr .. ummm ... errrr .... friendly icons off. Big mistake ol' chap. Ultra realism here. Just like KS off. What fun. What fun." And waits for C-Hawk to return. C-Hawk apparently decides to test this theory and does return and Shane gets back into position and does it again. Now Shane is obviously doing it on purpose but he still insists, "Whoops, icons still off, didn't realize it was you shooting at the enemy HQ again and all. I thought maybe it was an enemy tank fragging it's own HQ. Duuuurrrrr."

Pretty funny lil "Comedy of Errors." May deserve an Academy Award but not one for a "selfless act of heroism by fragging to stop the lameness of milkrunning."

:D

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2003, 11:56:21 PM »
Purposely fragging Hawk then taunting him like a child.  Thats silly even for you. Dont let your cheerleaders fool you, you're still whats worst about this game. To bad HT doesnt keep up on the CT. Maybe he would take you down a notch or two.  Go ahead, keep "justifying your lameness". Thats what you excell at.

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2003, 07:11:08 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Sorry ... I beg to differ.

1: There's no excuse for deliberately fragging.

2: Milkrunning isn't going to stop because of what Shane did.

3: Milkrunning isn't going to stop because of it's "getting notice on the BBS." (Which, btw, it got long before Shane decided it would be fun to frag Curtiss-Hawk in a tank).

In other words, the only thing Shane "accomplished" here was to get KS turned back on.

You applaud what Shane did because you see it as the lesser of two evils and because you think the end justifies the means.

(Prepare for some redundancy here)

A: How is deliberately fragging (especially to "prove a point" or "teach a lesson") better than "milkrunning?"

B: How is Shane fragging Curtiss-Hawk going to put an end to milkrunning?

Answers:

A: It isn't. If anything it's worse. Shane didn't opt to defend that HQ from Curtiss-Hawk's unopposed attack. He opted to spawn in a "friendly" tank and hunt C-Hawk down. He half-heartedly tried to carry over the same lame excuse he used when doing it here to this thread (friendly icons off) but when it became apparent that it wasn't really gonna fool anyone he opted for it being a good way to teach C-Hawk a lesson in propriety. Which is just as stupid a claim.

B: It isn't. "Milk-running" is as old as online sims. Whether it be a bored player who logged onto an empty arena and is killing time or whether he logged onto an empty arena and decided to practice his gunnery/bombing/rocketry until someone decided to log on and oppose him ... it's gonna happen. Even if it's a player that's in a populated arena and decided to take a break (or is waiting for his buddies to log on) and decided to go bomb something solo without a dozen fighters pickin' him apart enroute .... it's gonna happen. Fragging ain't the "cure" by a long shot.

Here's a pretty good guess at what went down:

The arena was pretty empty. Shane was bored and frustrated. He wanted some more fights but there wasn't anyone up. He checked the roster and saw there was still a player or two in the arena with him. He saw an HQ flashing (whether his or the other side's). He saw no con on the lapmap. He watched for awhile longer. No con materialized. He knew it was a GV.

If he was on the other side, he switched .... if not, he didn't bother switching ... then spawned nearby and went GV hunting. No he didn't really have "icons off." It's easier to locate the GV if it's a friendly and the icons are on. (Guess what, Shane apparently thinks when we film ourselves we will see an icon over our vehicle. That comment was pretty funny.)

He located Curtiss-Hawk. He had hoped it was him and confirming just made him want to do this even more. He pulls up behind him and starts his act. "Oh lookie here! I've a-snuck up on uh enema GV" (He types on the country channel) and he lets loose. Obviously C-Hawk had his icons on too, he knew Shane was a friendly right off the bat. Surely he looked around when he heard another tank coming. Or maybe he was underway (albeit slower than Shane) and didn't hear him coming at all. Either way, it was sure to be a surprise when he started taking hits and looked around to see a friendly pounding him at his point blank six (from the looks of it, it took more than one round).

Obviously C-Hawk is upset and tells Shane to stop. Shane (giggling to himself) goes into his "Errr .. ummm ... errrr .... friendly icons off. Big mistake ol' chap. Ultra realism here. Just like KS off. What fun. What fun." And waits for C-Hawk to return. C-Hawk apparently decides to test this theory and does return and Shane gets back into position and does it again. Now Shane is obviously doing it on purpose but he still insists, "Whoops, icons still off, didn't realize it was you shooting at the enemy HQ again and all. I thought maybe it was an enemy tank fragging it's own HQ. Duuuurrrrr."

Pretty funny lil "Comedy of Errors." May deserve an Academy Award but not one for a "selfless act of heroism by fragging to stop the lameness of milkrunning."

:D

Lemme guess. Breaking in a new keyboard?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2003, 07:26:38 AM »
after last night - me thinks shane has lost his meds

slamming children on ch 1 ain't the way to fix anything

he is an adult isn't he? if he's only 12, like he sounds. never mind.

he's a great pilot - to bad he opens his mouth
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2003, 08:23:08 AM »
Shane if I squelched everyone that berated you for your behavior in the CT I would never be able to take off for all of the typing.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2003, 08:27:08 AM by ergRTC »

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2003, 08:28:52 AM »
To be honest i think most of us would be tempted to do what Shane did in that situation.  When there's 10 or so people in the CT and 5 of them milkrunning, especially when its HQ milkrunning it spoils the game.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2003, 08:32:41 AM »
I wouldnt.  

Here is what I would do.

I would find somebody on the enemy team milkrunning and shoot them.

What an original, thought provoking idea.

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2003, 08:42:42 AM »
Originally posted by ergRTC
I wouldnt.  

Here is what I would do.

I would find somebody on the enemy team milkrunning and shoot them.

What an original, thought provoking idea.

Not that original. Evidently, Shane tried. The "victim" would .ef and pop up at another place.  What fun, a game of "hide and seek"!!

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2003, 08:51:59 AM »
Well, then I would find something else to do.  I would not get so bent out of shape that I would start killing countrymen.  Whats the term...  I think my old welding instructer used to use it all the time... oh yeah "now dont go tie your underwear in knots..."
« Last Edit: June 19, 2003, 09:44:49 AM by ergRTC »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2003, 09:22:17 AM »
he can do whatever .. kill whoever .. just do it without the noise on ch 1
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2003, 09:48:29 AM »
Geez, a fight between Shane and P6E, my two least favorite people in the game.  Who to cheer for?  I know, maybe they'll permanently kill each other.