Author Topic: Arnie for Governor?  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Arnie for Governor?
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2003, 02:05:32 PM »
Anyone posting in this thread actually know anything about Arnie other than what movies he's been in and who he's married to.

Just curious as to what you are basing your assessment of his qualifications on.

I mean... Sonny Bono was widely renouned as a baffoon because of the role he played on Sonny and Cher.  Find anyone in congress that viewed him as such.

Seems funny that such a bunch of self proclaimed politically savy folks would really be carrying on this discussion in this manner.

MiniD

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Arnie for Governor?
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2003, 02:06:40 PM »
Originally posted by Mini D
Seems funny that such a bunch of self proclaimed politically savy folks would really be carrying on this discussion in this manner.
LOL! what was I thinking?  This is the norm around here.

MiniD

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Arnie for Governor?
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2003, 02:11:31 PM »
Originally posted by Mini D
Just curious as to what you are basing your assessment of his qualifications on.

The fact he was born in Austria was enough to diqualify him as a viable choice for me. Although, when I say it like that, it really makes me sound even more like a jerk lol.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Arnie for Governor?
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2003, 02:59:19 PM »
deja... heard him interviewed one time and he said that he and his wife agreed on allmost nothing politicaly.    That is good enough for me.

would be like not really being up on an upcoming election.... I would ask MT.. "who are you voting for for ####?"  whatever he said would probly determine how I voted.
lazs

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Arnie for Governor?
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2003, 03:18:43 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
deja... heard him interviewed one time and he said that he and his wife agreed on allmost nothing politicaly.    That is good enough for me.

would be like not really being up on an upcoming election.... I would ask MT.. "who are you voting for for ####?"  whatever he said would probly determine how I voted.
lazs

I'm voting straight Republican ticket.... :p

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Arnie for Governor?
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2003, 03:24:09 PM »
arnie pushed the after school stuff for kids. seems like a good thing to pay attention to. and hes got to much money to be bribed which is a good thing for a politician youd think.

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Arnie for Governor?
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2003, 03:25:56 PM »
another great thing is if you lived in cali youd be king of the "our gov can kick your govs ass" if it came to it in a bar. and if enron tried to jack cali on energy prices the ceo might worry that arnie would pick up jesse at night and come pay him a little educational visit. :)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Arnie for Governor?
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2003, 03:28:15 PM »
By all means, let's not put anyone in office with simple common sense.

I mean...unless they are educated, politically motivated and served in public office before, they certainly couldn't be qualified to lead the state.

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
Arnie for Governor?
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2003, 03:30:03 PM »
i dont know what all you cats from cali are worried about!

Remeber what Sean Stern from the YOUTH BRIGADE/BYO said......

"WE're gonna sink with kalifornia when it falls in to the sea"

god now im gonna be singing that song all damn day!
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Arnie for Governor?
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2003, 03:31:16 PM »
The mere fact that he can get his name on the ballot qualifies him for the office of Governer in CA.  Beyond that, all he needs is the votes.  I don't have an opinion about him as an elected official either way (well, I'd vote YES if it'd keep him from doing any more action films - "I am a tired OLD cyborg from the future, john conna', come with me if you want to live ... but first we must pick up some WD40 and Aspercreme"), but I say more power to him.  I think it's a good thing that you don't have to be a career politician to run for office.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Arnie for Governor?
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2003, 03:36:41 PM »
Yeah Carl Weathers should run, then Arnie and he could get together with Jesse and kick some Predator ass.

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Arnie for Governor?
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2003, 03:40:10 PM »
jesse is the ****in man. everytime the dude is in cali he always hits coronado. usually in a limo and hits all the old haunts to drink beers and pass out cigs to the "young dudes". he never forgot where he came from for sure. make sure and check out his new show hes gonna have a killer demo in it. :)

Offline medicboy

• Nickel Member
Arnie for Governor?
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2003, 04:36:48 PM »
no hope - just blow the fault line and let it sink in the PO

Eagler

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree, just let me get my inlaws on this side of the SA fault, and my house would be only an hour from the ocean after the Gay bay falls into the po and the sac valley floods.   The central coastal range would be an island, but would still be the best pig hunting in the nation.    

On the serious side, Arnie would make an excellent Gov.  Lets do it (I am one of the petition holders for the recal)!!!!!!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Arnie for Governor?
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2003, 04:37:37 PM »
I wouldn't take over the Govenor of Ca's office if you handed it to me.  Who would want to inherit such a fiscal mess?  It seems to me that, short of HUGE tax increases or a federal bailout, CA may not recover for years. Besides that, what GOP perosn would want to be the Govenor of a state so full of dem voters?  No, Ca. is a beautiful example of how a welfare state cannot succeed.  If we continue to hand out money to all who are content to be on the dole, look for more states, then the feds to face similar problems.  Maybe not in my life time, but without change, it will the welfare ideas of the dems that eventually bring this country to ruin... we are rotting from within.

Businesses are leaving California as fast as they can pack their bags because of the tax situation there, and it is just getting worse.
  MT mentions that Davis and the democrats are not soley responsible for the CA fiscal problem.  While this may be literallty true MT,  Davis and his cronies raised State spending by 40%.... 40%!!!!  This in the face or decling revenues.  If there are other people responsible for this, who are they?  You can't really blame the economy much.  Colorado went through  the same boom, then decline in revenues.  Instead of raising spending by 40%, they actually saved money for future lean times... go figure. Too many people with their hands out in CA, and too many pols willing to give tax dollors away to those who do not contribure to the tax roll.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline medicboy

• Nickel Member
Arnie for Governor?
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2003, 04:41:51 PM »
OMG Steve, all this time I thought you were a loudmouthed arogant prettythang, but what you just said is right on target with the problem in this sink hole of a state.   I may have to pay closer attention to you from now on.   :D   (no offense intended)