Author Topic: Where Fur and Strat Collide...  (Read 9040 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Where Fur and Strat Collide...
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2003, 01:35:44 PM »
Originally posted by FortyDog
Toad, ... guys seemed to have a problem with leadership.  

No, I just find it highly amusing that a bunch of "mature adults" playing a game find it necessary to pretend they are a real military organization. :D

I think it's cute that people get "tasked" and "ordered" and I find it even funnier when people put military rank in their signature blocks.

The old LW guys were the funniest; their titles always highlighted the farce for me. But, they seemed to have died down a bit. Still, it's nice there's others ready to jump in and entertain in their place.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline FortyDog

• Copper Member
LMAO!!!!!!!
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2003, 02:00:19 PM »
LMAO!!!!!!!

We find it pretty amusing that you and others in your group fly without leadership.  I guess that explains why furballs are so important to you.

40DogMAW
M.A.W. Commander And Chief
Marine Air Wing

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2003, 02:04:01 PM »
yep... kinda miss those who gave it all for the girly grey but the maw seem to fill it in nicely.

Then again... maybe they are real marines with real rank..

guess it's no worse than those star wars guys waiting outside in full costume for the next star wars opening.
lazs

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2003, 02:12:51 PM »
...... or Trekkies.  :D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2003, 02:15:32 PM »
...luke...luuuke.

Offline Scott

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2003, 03:15:57 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
yep... kinda miss those who gave it all for the girly grey but the maw seem to fill it in nicely.

Then again... maybe they are real marines with real rank..

guess it's no worse than those star wars guys waiting outside in full costume for the next star wars opening.
lazs

Dagnabit Lazs! Hoolie said we were all gona be colonels! I had business cards printed fer Christ's sake!

Scott (wants to be a colonel dammit!)

Offline FortyDog

• Copper Member
Haters..........
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2003, 03:18:30 PM »
MAW fixation engaged!!!!!!!!!!!

Beam me up Scottie!!!

40DogMAW
M.A.W. Commander And Chief
Marine Air Wing

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2003, 03:33:02 PM »
scott... I believe you missunderstood... He said (and I quote his hooliness verbatum)... "I have decided that I, his hooliness, will make myself supreme commander  for life of the BK's"

This is very unlike my title which I earned fair and square by writing it in my sig..

I feel that it would be ok with the rest of us tho if yu wanted to address yourself as colonel...

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's
we are not recruiting.. when someone dies we will send you an app.. or maybe not because, we don't like you.  
Wadke seems allright tho.

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
Mr. Toad Writes...
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2003, 03:33:06 PM »
"No, I just find it highly amusing that a bunch of "mature adults" playing a game find it necessary to pretend they are a real military organization. "

My question is, why don't you find it amusing that a bunch of mature adults play fighter pilot?

It's called TEAM PLAY.  Teams have leaders.  Teams have goals.  Teams cooperate.  If this game weren't designed for team play, then why do they have squadrons?

MAWs, go on killin' strat in an organized, enjoyable team spirit.  I will be right behind ya.  Trying to shoot you down, of course, since I fly bish in the MA. :p

You guys have truly trashed some fields I was flying from, and I think it's great to watch the horde of MAWs descend on me like a plague of locusts.

shubie

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2003, 03:35:49 PM »
and 40.... I probly shouldn't tattle but lately I have noticed that slap is out of uniform a lot and his light saber wouldn't so much as glow because the batteries had gotten all corroded.   I don't think he is long for the squad.
lazs

Offline FortyDog

• Copper Member
Thanks
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2003, 04:05:05 PM »
Thanks Lazs........I'll look into it immediately....By the way do you have film?

40DogMAW
M.A.W. Guy In Charge Of Giving Out Task On Squad Nights
Marine Air Wing

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2003, 04:14:37 PM »
Hey 40dog....clear somthin up for me.....

The leaderless and disorganized 13th TAS whoops the arse of the well lead and organized MAW in the squad duel.

Is that kinda thing supposed to happen or is this leadership organized thingie of yours just a bunch of cheap talk?

Just curious.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2003, 04:16:30 PM »
Sounds like the title of a Foxumentary...
"From the Producers of Alien Autopsie and When Animals Attack":

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2003, 05:36:02 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
Hey 40dog....clear somthin up for me.....

The leaderless and disorganized 13th TAS whoops the arse of the well lead and organized MAW in the squad duel.

Is that kinda thing supposed to happen or is this leadership organized thingie of yours just a bunch of cheap talk?

Just curious.

I can clear that one up for you, Rude.

We have numerous squadrons, each specialized in a different task. They range from Transport and Resupply to Heavy Bombardment to Air to Air combat.

Our squadron works as a team on squad nights to capture bases.

From what I gather, your squadron works as a group to win furballs.

Obviously, as a group your squadron is going to be better suited for a mass Air to Air duel, which you refer to.

It is my experience that a mass furball does not require any leadership, aside from a lead flight and wingman at most.

You should know this as well as anyone. Once the fight is engaged, especially in a furball, it all comes down to the individual pilots air to air skills. Being that your squad does this almost exclusively, of course your group won the engagement.

If you'd like to compare our squads on an air to air basis, I would think most would agree you have the more seasoned pilots.

On the other hand, if you'd like to compare our squads on the level at which the MAW operates, base capture, 4 of our 7 squadrons have a total of 46 base captures, vs. the 13th TAS total of 0. I do not believe this number even includes our dedicated transport group.

Either way, leadership goes a long way in what we do. You may not find it necessary in what you do, but that just makes us different. No better or worse. Simply different.

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2003, 06:14:47 PM »
This is turning into too much of a gay luv fest.

Unsubscribing from thread.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High