Author Topic: LM '93 mod released for F12002  (Read 698 times)

Offline MrCoffee

• Silver Member
LM '93 mod released for F12002
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2003, 02:17:33 PM »
> Fish tailing is cured with brake bias.

I dont think he was talking about braking. The LM93 cars are very sensative to aerodynamic changes. Spent more than a few hours trying to set my car up to no avail. I went back and reread the instructions and it said to not create a new driver but take the existing default driver and rename him or copy his directory to your driver name of choice. If you dont do this, you wont be able to setup your car properly as it will handle very badly. The default driver has initial settings/physics stuff that are part of the LM93 mod.

Then try using the default setup files that comes with the mod located in the F12002LM93SAVE directory. Copy that to the LMSAVE93\drivername\settings directory. You dont need to create track directories, think the game does that. I used the default Peugeot 905 V1 setup.

Offline LoneStarBuckeye

• Copper Member
      • http://None
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2003, 02:56:24 PM »
Any of you guys have any advice for someone (me) trying to get into sim racing?  I've got what I think is a pretty good control setup (MOMO Force), but I haven't used it much.  I've got F12002, but I can't seem to do very well.    Part of the problem with F12002 is that the force feedback feels all wrong and I find it very difficult to keep the car in a straight line with it turned on.

Is it just a matter of memorizing the tracks and braking points?  How much should I expect to practice before I develop some level of competence?  Do you try to race through an entire season, do it one race at a time, or just try for good lap times?  Do you use the driving school to learn the racing lines?  Is there a better sim for me to learn with than F12002?  What view do you use?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

- JNOV

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2003, 03:06:42 PM »
My biggest fishtailing problem comes from exiting the turn and heading for the long straight-away.  I may be over-accellerating but more likely I'm over-correcting as the car starts to sway.  Or it could be that I'm fighting an aero problem.  What setting do you guys use for steering the Toyota?

Offline MrCoffee

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2003, 03:57:05 PM »
All of my steering controller settings are stock. Within the car setups though, I increased the steering lock a bit here and there but that just changes the rack/pinion ratio of the car.

Lonestarbuckey, F1 2002 has driving aids that you can enable then disable later. F1-F11. I got all mine turned off except auto pit help and auto clutch. Auto clutch doesnt do much anyways except step on the clutch for you when you go off road so the engine doesnt die. If your really a rookie at these racing games, I would just set maximum grip/downforce 100% and leave gear, softness/stiffness, overstear/understear at 50%.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2003, 04:09:47 PM »
Originally posted by gofaster
My biggest fishtailing problem comes from exiting the turn and heading for the long straight-away.  I may be over-accellerating but more likely I'm over-correcting as the car starts to sway.  Or it could be that I'm fighting an aero problem.  What setting do you guys use for steering the Toyota?

Brake bias won't affect exit oversteer at all.

Trying going one gear higher (shortshifting) or being a little more gentle on the throttle.

You can also try any or all of the following setup changes:
More diff lock
More rear wing
More rear roll stiffness
Just realize that these changes might make the car understeer (push) in some situations.

Offline MrCoffee

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2003, 04:44:24 PM »
>My biggest fishtailing problem comes from exiting the turn

Sounds to me like your just over accelerating. Too much gas. These cars have 600-800 horsepower (LM cars) so you have to feather that gas pedal. Going off gas abruptly after the apex could also send you overstearing out of control often times.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 04:46:47 PM by MrCoffee »

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2003, 05:53:29 PM »
Lonestar!!

Likely the problem you are having with FF is that ALL LOGITECH wheels need the FF set to -100 in the FF strength setting for F12k2, and likely F1C.  Then it will feel MUCH better.

I think F12k2 is fine to learn with, though I don't recommend using the F1 cars.  You will have more fun and an easier time learning with one of the mods such as GTR2002.  
It ALL comes down to practice practice practice, and then some more practice.

When I was driving league races I would sometimes do over 300 laps of a track in the week before the race.  I would either do private test days or I would setup for a race and just do laps in the practice sessions where there are other cars to contend with.  Lapping an empty track is fairly easy... add in other cars and its a completely different ballgame.

WHile you learn....  do as many laps on test day until you can string 5 or more (more the better) laps together with fairly close laptimes, and without spinning off.   Then setup a race and use the practice sessions to learn to deal with the other cars.

Also... turn off all driver aids, with the exception of auto clutch ASAP.  The sooner you do this the better off you will be in the long run.  (and faster)   note: this applies to the mods...  the F1 cars which I hate, can be a pain with no helps.

SKurj
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 06:04:32 PM by SKurj »

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2003, 05:56:20 PM »
Set steering sensitivity at 50%
and try lowering steering lock to as low as you can stand.  Around 13-16 should do you fine, however it won't help much if you get her sideways.

SKurj

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2003, 06:17:47 PM »
Saurdaukar

I don't think you can just copy paste you F12k2 setups into F1C, you might want to check the forums at http://www.racesimcentral.com for more answers.

SKurj

Offline LoneStarBuckeye

• Copper Member
      • http://None
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2003, 06:50:11 PM »
Skurj:

Thanks for the tips!  I'll try them out as soon as I get a chance.

- JNOV