Author Topic: Weather effects  (Read 465 times)

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Weather effects
« on: June 30, 2003, 03:35:46 AM »
I really would love to see more detailed weather effects like:

- thunderstorm
- rain
- drizzle
- fog
- mist
- snow
- dust (just imagine the visibility on Pizza map when in a sand storm :D )

Furtheron as it is now the visibility of dots is a little bit ... uhm ... binary (yes i know HiTech loves this bit thingy but... :) ). Either one can see a dot or one cant. This should be more fuzzy. The more visibility the weather conditions offer the merrier one should be able to spot the con.

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
Weather effects
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 03:56:46 AM »
we are at  1600X1200 MAX RES.... things like this do not make the game more "REALISTIC" just HARDER to deal with.   Seen pleanty of games with "rain" effects ... this just further hinders your "view system" when you  are already dealing with 'life in AH' at an average of a 17" monitar.

BTW .. I always log when it's 'nightime' in AH......I know lots of people who do the same thing....
« Last Edit: June 30, 2003, 03:59:28 AM by Manedew »

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Weather effects
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 04:14:57 AM »
Yep thats the other point of view. I like immersion so for me those things make a game much more realistic.
To fly all day long under the sunny sky of AH is OK but i want to play a simulation that simulates RL as near as it can. Sure there are concessions that have to be made but why should weather effects make u log out. U still can see. Have u ever had a good fight in the clouds of AH? It so much fun to try to play hide and seek. Imagine this with more realstic effects and i guess u wont log out.
Furtherone weather only affects areas and not the whole map.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2003, 04:19:52 AM by Duedel »

Offline clouds

• Copper Member
Weather effects
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2003, 02:39:11 PM »
BTW .. I always log when it's 'nightime' in AH......I know lots of people who do the same thing....

I know lots others whom use the artificial horizon during nite flying (one of these it is me).

Offline 2Hawks

• Nickel Member
      • http://daniel.clanbaker.com
I would like more weather, and longer nights...
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2003, 03:35:13 PM »
Night is my favorite time of "Day", and I love flying atound in the dark with my monitor turned all the way up. :) But I think that since HT made such an effort to map actual constellations that we should see them more often. :)

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
Weather effects
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2003, 09:16:39 PM »
there's just a few problems they need to fix first .... like night fighters and the horrible glare you get from sun (even when it's below horizion!)   Night is purdy .... but it's very unfinished.  

I'll proably still log tho.....   it should tell you somtheing that people "turn up" thier monitor's during this time ... you can't see crap on normal settings.  Why not just make night a surreal kind of light .... this is what alot of people will do anyway with thier monitars, only it will make it less washed out and a more even playing field.... (some people have better monitor's to do this with)

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Weather effects
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2003, 02:44:57 AM »
This thread is (should be) a thread about WEATHER EFFECTS and not night time or day time - unbelievible u bloody hijackers :D

Offline bigjava

• Copper Member
Weather effects
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2003, 05:26:13 AM »
it's sounds good but i agree only if there will be an option to disable those effects .....
or a poor man like me will have a frame rate near 3-4
hehehehe
exept joke i think i have to save money to get a better CPU :p
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 05:36:11 AM by bigjava »

Offline bigjava

• Copper Member
Weather effects
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2003, 05:33:51 AM »
btw i think most uf us have read some book speking about air's wwII-combat, all written by real pilot like SAKAI, Closterman, Boyntong and so......
i wanna point the attention also on wing's strips and engine's strips effects; i mean air's soggines at higt altitude .....  :p
...and not least what about the blu flare coming from
engines's exhaust pipe  specyally during the nite!!!!:D

what?   :rolleyes:   this post is about weather effect? ok ok i cut it here.....

.....and yes i have to change my old computer!!!;)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 05:39:19 AM by bigjava »