Author Topic: Germany, Italy and Japan in WWII  (Read 1239 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Germany, Italy and Japan in WWII
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2003, 01:09:59 PM »
Because that dictaorship was not threating our interests... Iraq was. Plus dictatorship is not neccasarily illegal - however Iraq violating its cease fire agreements after GW1 clearly called out for a possibility of military action.

Offline Monk

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2003, 01:10:08 PM »
Böse Amis!!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2003, 01:11:09 PM »
Devious,... the UN wasn't convinced about WMD?  That is patently false, incorrect.  In addresses to the UN delegation, France, Germany,  and other members were convinced Iraq had WMD's and discussed them at length. It was only AFTER the U.S. started discussions about using force to end the threat that these same organizations reversed course and started wanting proof of WMD existence. Why they suddenly needed proof remains a mystery, since for years they spoke of WMD in Iraq as if it were known fact.
In the eyes of most U.S people, those that changed course either had a Neville Chamberlain approach(which history showed cannot succeed) or had ulterior motives(financial) to keep Saddam in power.
The people as a whole, in the U.S. do not want to go to war with anyone.  Since the majority of our people, along with the majority of our government, felt Iraq was a direct threat to our safety, we acted.  We do't need U.N. approval to protect ourselves.  this  is above and beyond the fact that is was plainly evident that the UN wasn't going to do anything.   Kofi Annan (spelling?) was administering the Iraq oil money.  As corrupt as he is, why would he have wanted that role to cease? Any military action would have ended his role in Iraqi oil funds management.  My point: The UN had more reasons not to invade Iraq and little to gain if they did.   The UN didn't give a rat's arse if Iraq was a threat to the US.  France, Russia, Germany, and Annan were all profiting from business dealings w/ Saddam. The UN, in my opinion would have never acted.  Disagree w/ our actions all you want, but in my mind they made perfect sense.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2003, 02:56:05 PM »
NUKE: I'm just wondering if modern citizens of Germany, Japan, and Italy are regretful for the actions their countries took during WWII.

Im also wondering if anyone in those countries still remembers how much the USA and our allies did for them after that war was over.

Sure, they must be regretfull.

BTW, are you regretfull that the actions of the US ensured the rise of nazism in Germany, bolshevism in Russia and (along with other western powers) militarism in Japain and all the devastation that ensued?

miko

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2003, 03:29:21 PM »
the russians lost 20million people. im sure they regret the fact of supporting hitler at first. and germany lost an entire generation as well as japan. i think they are a tad regretfull.

as an american i am regretful for the millions we killed in vietnam and the millions we slaughted and put in concentration camps in out own country. the native americans.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2003, 03:33:22 PM »
Hey frogman... millions we slaughtered?  Who?  where?

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2003, 03:54:15 PM »
Originally posted by miko2d
NUKE: I'm just wondering if modern citizens of Germany, Japan, and Italy are regretful for the actions their countries took during WWII.

Im also wondering if anyone in those countries still remembers how much the USA and our allies did for them after that war was over.

Sure, they must be regretfull.

BTW, are you regretfull that the actions of the US ensured the rise of nazism in Germany, bolshevism in Russia and (along with other western powers) militarism in Japain and all the devastation that ensued?

miko

What a joke. I guess to think Germany, Japan and Russia were t puppets of the evil US and that the US caused them to become militaristic and evil......after all, they couldnt help themselves, the poor babies. It's not their fault at all, it's just America's

It's true, everything is America's fault. You take the prize, condrats

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2003, 04:13:38 PM »
seems this is another chapter of "History explained and made simple to poor souls".....and more, another chapter of " You'll never known how much do you owe us, and if in case you'll never acknowledge that"
The whole thing on the same " history is me, and USA too" channel...... becoming so repetitive ;)
Nibbio
4° Stormo C.T. "F. Baracca"

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2003, 04:37:32 PM »
NUKE fails to understand that there is a spectrum of ethics and morality greater than his own.
His assaults, generally are the most pathetic pieces of writing to appear on this UBB, composed almost entirely of illogic and ad hominem attacks and are so over-the-top it makes me wonder why he doesn't get a "time-out"....thank the godz for ignore

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2003, 05:15:36 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
Hey frogman... millions we slaughtered?  Who?  where?

Ahhh, you *do* realize you're asking Froggirl for "facts and data"...that's an aweful lot to ask of her. ;)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2003, 05:31:34 PM »
Rgr Rip,   astute folk like you realize it's a rhetorical question really, as no factual data will be forthcoming.
millions of Native Americans?... not close... not even in the same Universe.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2003, 08:48:27 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
What a joke. I guess to think Germany, Japan and Russia were t puppets of the evil US and that the US caused them to become militaristic and evil......after all, they couldnt help themselves, the poor babies. It's not their fault at all, it's just America's

It's true, everything is America's fault. You take the prize, condrats

You should read a history book once in awhile.  The rise of Hitler and World War II was a direct result of how the allies (US, U.K., France) and the League of Nations treated and humiliated the Germans after World War I.  While the U.S. can't be the only one blamed, the US shares the blame equally with the U.K. and France.

Our economic policies in the Pacific and out attitudes about the Japanese also led to the eventual conflict with Japan.  If we didn't impose an economic embargo on Japan that threatened their very existance, they probably wouldn't have had to resort to such drastic measures.  But the U.S. felt threatened by the Japanese navy and the growing influence in the Pacific Japan was enjoying, especially after their victory over the Russian Grand Fleet in the Russo-Sino War of 1905.  Again, we can't take sole blame but as with the case with Nazi Germany, we aren't free from guilt.

Our history is rife with such incidents.  In the 1930s and later after WW2, if we had supported Ho Chi Minh's attempt at getting Vietnam's independence from France, instead of turning a blind eye and giving Vietnam back to France after the war, there probably wouldn't have been 57,000 dead US soldiers or millions of dead Vietnamese.  It was our rejection of Ho Chi Minh that led him to the Communists looking for someone to support his war of independence from their colonialist masters.

A recent example would be Iran in 1979 as the Shah was falling and the Ayatollah Khomeini returned to Iran from exile in France.  The Ayatollah asked for our support of his revolution and for us to denounce the Shah and not allow him to seek refuge in the US.  To show his good faith, the Ayatollah ordered the Iranian students that had captured the U.S. Embassy, to leave the compound and let everyone inside go and not to harm them.  The then Sec. of State, rejected the Ayatollah's overtures, which then led to the second incident at the U.S. Embassy that resulted in U.S. hostages being held for 444 days and also made the US a prime target for Islamic militants and zealots for the next 20+ years.

While we might be the greatest country in the world, we are definitely not without fault and sometimes we do act like a bull in a china shop.  It does no service to the US or anyone else to ignore the mistakes we have made, that only opens the door for us to repeat them again.

To paraphrase that French guy that said a long time ago, those of us that forget the past condemn us to repeat it in the future.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2003, 09:33:04 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack

Our economic policies in the Pacific and out attitudes about the Japanese also led to the eventual conflict with Japan.  If we didn't impose an economic embargo on Japan that threatened their very existance, they probably wouldn't have had to resort to such drastic measures.  But the U.S. felt threatened by the Japanese navy and the growing influence in the Pacific Japan was enjoying, especially after their victory over the Russian Grand Fleet in the Russo-Sino War of 1905.  Again, we can't take sole blame but as with the case with Nazi Germany, we aren't free from guilt.

Ack-Ack

You truly do not know what you are talking about AKAK. Japan had been on a rampage for decades in Asia. They annexed Taiwan, annexed Korea in 1910, conqeured Manchuria in 1931 and invaded China in 1937, then withdrew from the league of nations.

The US finnally responded, after Japan's invasion of China and their abandonment of their economic treaty with the US in 1940 by prohibiting the export of some oil and scrap metal to Japan....hardly threatening Japan's existance.

Japan's survival was not threatened by the US refusing to sell oil and scap metal to Japan......they were gobbling up countries left and right for years by then. What would you suggest we have done, send them more oil and give them arms?

Japan was a complete beligerant. The US policy was to be nuetral towards all beligerants. We did not want to get into any war.

Meanwhile we have Germany, completley re-armed ,not helpless .....not humiliated any longer. Why did Germany feel the need to begin annexing land, then just plain invading countries? You think it's justified because they lost WWI and had to pay repairations? Germany had rebuilt itself by 1939, so why did they have to go to war? Germany was a complete evil horror come to life, and the US had NOTHING to do with the path they chose for themselves.

The US had about 0% blame for Japan and Germany being war-mongering fanatics bent on bloody carnage and land grabbing. Don't ever try to peddle that garbage to me, cause Im not buying it.

Go read history yourself AKAK. I have read plenty about WWII. One book, Churchill's memoirs, gives a lot of first hand political insight into the causes of WWII , from Churchill's first hand  experiences in WWI and throughout WWII.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2003, 09:37:04 PM »
ww2 happened due to the failures of the free market economy nothing more nothing less. thats right miko suck it.

except japan was on its way to be just a nasty little country no matter what happened after ww1...

Offline devious

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301-wildesau.de
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2003, 10:32:34 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
 The US finnally responded, after Japan's invasion of China and their abandonment of their economic treaty with the US in 1940 by prohibiting the export of some oil and scrap metal to Japan....hardly threatening Japan's existance.

I thought it was b/c they bombed the f**k out of the US navy at Pearl :P

Japan was a complete beligerant.

2 l`s. from the latin bellis

Meanwhile we have Germany, completley re-armed ,not helpless .....not humiliated any longer. Why did Germany feel the need to begin annexing land, then just plain invading countries?

Because the Nazis build up the infrastructure and army on credit, and intended to pay with booty, and the wealth of jewish germans.

Go read history yourself AKAK. I have read plenty about WWII. One book, Churchill's memoirs, gives a lot of first hand political insight into the causes of WWII , from Churchill's first hand  experiences in WWI and throughout WWII.

One book, esp. the memoirs of a participiant, is never enough for the complete picture.

I suggest you read "Die Welle" - The Wave or watch the movie. You`d be the first "Heil Hitler" screaming supporter... Schoolkids read it in germany, because it exposes the totalitarist train of thought.

NUKE:

Biography     Born in America
Location    America
Interests    America
Occupation    American

What a joke !

My mail is duraflex_scratch_this_part@gmx.net. drop me a line there, because in here you`re on my ignore list right now. Heil Bush !
« Last Edit: July 01, 2003, 10:37:13 PM by devious »