Author Topic: you want me to go on missions? make it fun for me.  (Read 529 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
you want me to go on missions? make it fun for me.
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2001, 03:04:00 PM »
Just seemed to everyone else like you were just squeaking to be squeaking lazs.  Guess that didn't really fly over anyone's head except yours.

AKDejaVu

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2001, 03:07:00 PM »
My only thought on missions is that, after 15 minutes of all-caps posts, launch the mission or be quiet about it. It gets tiresome listening to people go on and on about how "EVERYONE NEEDS TO DO THIS STRIKE!!!"

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2001, 12:23:00 AM »
No. just keep them occupied somewhere else. Either way, base capture will happen.

Midnight

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2001, 01:02:00 AM »
lol kieran.   You got it wrong though. It reads as follows:

PILE-ITS NEEDED IN MISH-UN
ROLLS IN 3 MINUTES, NEED PILE-ITS
3 SLOTS OPEN FER PILE-ITS IN MISH-UN

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2001, 01:10:00 AM »
Kieran made a telling comment.  If somebody has to keep repeating themselves to try to draw participants for a mission then it probably means that missions are just not that interesting for most players.  Wouldn't it be nice if the arena design were changed so that a mission announcement would almost always instantly draw a crowd?  If missions were so exciting that even attention-deficit-lazs wanted to go on them, wouldn't this be wonderful?

Nobody has to shout to get people to show up at a furball.  Seriously, there has got to be ways to improve the mechanics of the arena/missions so that missions generate a similar enthusiasm.

Hooligan

Offline Fokker

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.inbusiness.no
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2001, 03:47:00 AM »
This game would have been killed if lazs and his likes would rule.

Missions are more fun then endless furballs.

The game would be much less fun without the fieldcapture element.

The game would be much less fun without bombers.

Lazs and his likes must not advokate only what they like and suggest all what they dont like to be removed. I can assure you that AH would be dead within months if you guyes where left to rule gameplay.

lazs

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2001, 08:23:00 AM »
"Just seemed to everyone else like you were just squeaking to be squeaking lazs"

deja.. I don't think you are quite qualified to speak for 'everyone else' just yet.

fokker... you apparently have no idea of what I want especially if you think I want to do away with field capture or strat.   Of a lot of the things that I have wanted in the past, it was said by many that those features would "ruin the game"  so far that hasn't been the case.  If I were so wrong on this one then perhaps HT and co wouldn't be looking at the current field capture.  At least you called it a game tho and didn't bring out the "realism" or "sim" cards.  

funny... nobody want's "realism" for field capture.

circling around a field with nothing but the fighter hangers down for the next 20 min or a bunch of osties shooting up at you or fighting for the scraps of the few guys dumb enough to opposse you is not what I call fun.  If you think it is fun then perhaps you don't really need to play a fighter sim.   "Aces High"??? weren't aces fighter pilots?  Why not call the game "Whack-O-building"?
lazs

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2001, 08:59:00 AM »
What's wrong with you simple minded dweebs? Don't you know that the entire purpose of AH is to make it fun for Lazs? Let's all meet at my place this evening and invent new ways to make Lazs happy!

------------------
GronK

Offline Degas

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2001, 09:04:00 AM »
Strats vs. Furballers.

We get to hear this argument ad infinitum every night in the MA.

This is a game designed for furballers (read "flight sim enthusiasts" or "quakers in a cockpit").

If you are a Strat or teamwork player, you just try to live on the dregs that HTC has put in the game to try and keep you interested.

Just a thought, lazs:  if you make all the changes you're talking about to enhance the experience for furballers, the strat players will cancel their subscriptions.

Will HTC then be making enough money to keep the servers operating?  Will you then be able to continue playing Aces High?  Are there enough furballers in this game to ensure a profit for the developer?  Or will you be forced back into Warbirds and AW?  Most of the Strat players I talk to in the game are treading water waiting to see if that "other game" will live up to it's potential, anyway.

On a side note, lazs, would perk/point rewards for participation in a mission change your mind?  

All opinions welcome.  This is not a troll, this is a solicitation for considered replies.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2001, 09:06:00 AM »

deja.. I don't think you are quite qualified to speak for 'everyone else' just yet.

You are quite correct... but in case you haven't been reading this thread... everyone else has pretty much been speaking for themselves.  Its getting quite old lazs.

funny... nobody want's "realism" for field capture.

LOL! And you ONLY want it for field capture.

Of course, that suits your preferences.

AKDejaVu

lazs

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2001, 03:09:00 PM »
"What's wrong with you simple minded dweebs? Don't you know that the entire purpose of AH is to make it fun for
                Lazs? Let's all meet at my place this evening and invent new ways to make Lazs happy!

------------------
                GronK"

finally someone with the proper attitude.  The world would indeed be a happier place for us all.

deja... i have said many times that it is not an "either or" thing.   What is so great for the strat guys about the fighter availability bug?   certainly the longer that fighters are available and the sooner fields are captured after everything is down the more people will, wittingly or unwittingly, participate in the "war".   if the furballers are attracted to the field capture by the action rather than some high moral purpose.... so what?  the end result is the same except that no longer can one person have so much affect on dozens of players.   certainly you see how things are a triffle unbalanced right now?

I don't think strat guys will log off if field captures are slightly easier but fighters are available till the end... perhaps a minority of attention starved and talentless will become bored and leave but I bet they are replaced 10 fold and that there will be a lot less animosity between the two camps... those who want action and those who want a 3d WWII board game.

nobody likes to run out a tank of fuel looking in vain for a decent fite (2 vs ten or ten vs two or 10 fighters vs 10 osties is not a "decent" fite.).  IMO nobody likes to get "you are unable to fly from this field" messages.   IMO nobody likes to head for the large red bar two sectors away (because the one sector field is closed to fighters) only to have the red bar shrink to nothing by the time you are 3/4 of the way there or... the red bar be nothing but a half dozen osties because their fighter hangers are down.   IMO nobody likes circling around a field with nothing but the FH down and everthing else intact for the next 20 min.

Now, when the FH are down the field becomes a no mans land.  It is useless to defender and attacker alike.   It in affect, doubles the distance people have to fly to get to a fite and quadruples the chance (because of flight time)that there won't be one when you get there so...

If the field capture is quicker but at the same time fighters are available up till the end then.... "missions" will become attractive to patience challenged like myself.   If there is QUALITY air combat to be had I'm there.  You will think I am "helping" and everyone will join in a huge group hug that will have all the other sims jealous.... And... I can squeak about something else.  

I am cautiously opptimistic tho with the revelation that HTC finds the fighter availability thing wrong and that maybe open topped osties will be vulnerable to MG fire.

"realism"... I have allways said that the only realism i want is flight model, damage and gunnery.   Nothing i have said contradicts that.  So now you know what 'realism' I care about.  What things do you want "realistic" in the game?   What realism is or isn't important to you?   I just get confused when people (not you) want to be "immersed" in the WWII experiance but make excuses for the lame-o concession ridden strat and bombers... worse, they fight any attemts to make things more realistic and fun at the same time...   I'm saying that more realistic fields, and missions, would be both more "immersive" and fun at the same time.  explain to me where I'm wrong.
lazs