Author Topic: Team Event  (Read 3528 times)

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
Team Event
« on: July 02, 2003, 04:30:33 PM »
Was wondering about the possibility of doing a team KOTH.  That would incorporate squads, limit each team to 4 members.  Same rules would apply that apply to koth except about winging.  Since you can see player id's, you would be able to tell who was on your team.

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Team Event
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2003, 08:49:15 PM »
Naj,
I'll host it....  But it needs a more detailed write up, name, etc... We'd alos need a day of the month to host it.  All Fridays are out - KOTH & SquadOps...  It would be fun to do, maybe we can get a beta together and see if people like it & want to do it again....  I need more info and we need the community's opinion too.  Who will support this idea?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 02:29:32 PM by BigMax »

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
Team Event
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2003, 10:39:19 PM »
I'll help .. and i'm betting you can get two more assassins....  I proably can't make the next KOTH myself .. maybe you should set this up for two weeks from now? Do the beta on a weeknight maybe or weekend daytime (harder with events)

Players would all be able to join squads and highlight thier team only.....this would help, beyond haveing to read a name compared to color code.... You can also use this for CM's to ensure every man flying is with a squad, walk-on as always, but should make them join SEA squads for these reasons.

should post about this in 'Squadrons" and "SE Genral" forum once things get rolling.  Shouldn't be too hard to find 5-6 groups of 4.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Team Event
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2003, 09:18:24 PM »
Originally posted by BigMax
Naj,
I'll host it....  But it needs a more detailed write up, name, etc... We'd alos need a day of the month to host it.  All Fridays are out - KOTH & SquadOps...  It would be fun to do, maybe we can get a beta together and see if people like it & want to do it again....  I need more info and we need the community's opinion too.  Who will support this idea?

I'll help ya out BM, and you can give me some arena setup instructions while were at  :D

The idea sounds very good though.  I'll shoot ya an email in a couple days with some ideas.

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
Team Event
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2003, 09:45:11 PM »
We'll have to clear all of this with "da bosslady", but I'm sure she'll agree, assuming we get it all worked out ahead of time...  WT, this could be "your baby" if you want.  I have my hands full with the SSs and the KOTH.  Assuming Flosslicious & HTC are good with the event to begin with...  Keep your fingers crossed:)

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Team Event
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2003, 11:16:16 PM »
id be happy to help

skull12
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Team Event
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2003, 02:17:13 AM »
I'm for it.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Team Event
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2003, 04:11:28 PM »
we had something like that couple week's back in DA. was fun:D  considering i was filiming the whole trying to get  kill firing 2 round's then 1 ping kill's on me:D  we had like 5 on 5 on5 team's team with a player stand win's and they get to chose the next airplane and that was how that worked

skull12
xskullx
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Team Event
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2003, 06:01:10 PM »
We'll have to clear all of this with "da bosslady", but I'm sure she'll agree, assuming we get it all worked out ahead of time...  
Yeah, fine by me......  ;)
Assuming Flosslicious
Who?  :o    ROFL!  :D
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
Team Event
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2003, 12:13:33 AM »
Originally posted by Flossy
Yeah, fine by me......  ;)Who?  :o    ROFL!  :D

Thought you'd like my "butterring you up" verbiage... I see it worked!;)

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Team Event
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2003, 07:15:12 AM »
Thought you'd like my "butterring you up" verbiage... I see it worked!;)
LOL!  You certainly have a way with words!  ;)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline jussa

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.101squadron.com/index.html
Team Event
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2003, 06:12:06 AM »
The 101'RED' SQ would be happy to participate in a team tournament.

I think about 2 possible ways to do that:

1. At the DA when every 2 teams get a sector to fly, doing a best of 3 wins. So u don't wait in TWR too long for ur turn to play.

2. CM's choosing by lottary teams to fight. The teams/SQ leaders set a date to play a best of 5 wins. Then report to CM by mail on results. By the end of the month we do a final of the best 4 teams.

I'm sure there r better ideas then mine...

jussa
XO
101'RED' Squadron Israel

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Team Event
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2003, 07:39:18 AM »
Good ideas, Jussa, but that's more of a squad dueling ladder than a squad KOTH.

However, let's get some ground rules sorted out, then we can go further:

1) Let's see if there's any real interest out there for a squad KOTH. Any CO's please feel free to add to this thread saying if this idea is of interest. Any squad members reading this please discuss it with your fellow squad memebrs and ask if this is of interest

2) We thrash out a design concept on this board.

3) We (The players! :)) submit the idea to Flossy (As head honcho CM and all round Boss lady) formaly; so she can discuss it on the CM's board and a suitable recruitment of CM's and scheduling can take place (BigMax and I are both CM's; but we can't just volunteer our colleagues time with out asking them).

4) My Squad wins! :)

OK; so the first condition (public interest) we can wait on for a bit; but there's certainly nothing precluding us going proceeding to the design stage.

Here's a list of my own criteria; and my comments. By all means shoot me down in flames with points of your own:

1) Overall concept:

KOTH is a massive furball where all involved up at the same time; in the same arena until there remains only one squad represented in the air. This wins one round. The first squad to win three rounds is the event winner.

2) Size of Squad:

I recomend this be limited to four people, in the classic "Rotte" or four ship or finger-four formation generally accepted as the most efficient by tacticians. Large squads needing more places will go on to form second and third string squads in the format of MAW:A; MAW:B; MAW:C etc. Squads that fail to muster four must almalgamate or fly short. Remember that SEA squads have no bearing on MA squads......

3) Plane choice:

I've an open mind on this; I like the idea of single plane squads; or single airforce squads or the current method and similar; but bear in mind this is not an Axis-Allies event; and the winner of each round must have influence in some way on plane choice. That could be year, nationality or some other factor such as choice of plane skin (be warned; if I ever do win you WILL ALL be flying pink spitfires!). To clarify; in Solo KOTH every one flies exactly the same plane, the model of which is decided by the previous round's winner.

4) Registration:

Registration in my mind should not be required; I would very much like to maintain Solo KOTH's free and easy, drop in or out when you please atmosphere. However, in a squad event there's some issues that need to be sorted out. Should we register squad memebers or not? Do we allow squads to change composition in mid event? If one guy drops out (either prior to or during the event) should the squad be able to recruit a replacement? I firmly believe that one should "be in uniform" to fly; any pointers?

5) Schedule

At first thought; and depending on the interest shown here; I think a three monthly event entirely feasable. Wither or not that should develop into either a six monthly or monthly event depends entirely on the interest you guys show; How about it guys?

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Team Event
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2003, 08:31:45 AM »
Gosh... does this thread ever remind me of the CM forum. 30-40 more posts and it's a dead ringer. :D

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Team Event
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2003, 09:37:05 AM »
You'd rather we Emailed HTC direct? :D