Author Topic: That sucking sound in Anaheim  (Read 627 times)

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
That sucking sound in Anaheim
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2003, 05:18:49 PM »
I was in Denver the night the Av's were eliminated and I can tell you that it is a BIG hockey city.  It surprised the hell out of me, I was at a conference there, but the day after they were eliminated it was the topic of every conversation the locals had.  I live in a Canadian Hockey town and Denver has hockey-mania.

Hasek is signed, he is coming back.  He's said it, the Wings have said it, and even Cujo's agent has said it.  So, that makes it imperritive to trade Cujo (he isn't exactly a fan favorite after the bad playoff last year).  So, Cujo has a no-trade clause he will have to waive, which, means he gets to basically pick where he will get traded to (or he'll not waive the clause).  So, the Rangers are out.  Not enough oxygen left in the dressing room for anyone else and they are not a contender (except for head-cases of the year).  The Bruins, I like the talent they have, but I don't think they are quite ready yet (and ownership there is kinda weird at playing hardball sometimes).  So, he'd likely veto that deal too.  But then there is the Av's, stacked with talent 3 lines deep, and basically must get a goalie of the Cujo calibre (I'm not a Cujo fan, i think he's overhyped but decent in big games).  It only makes sense that if you put that option to Cujo he'd see CUP written all over it and waive his no-trade clause.

I think it'll happen, Detroit might even pick up a part of his tab in order so that they don't end up picking up the whole 8 million/year for their backup goalie.  I mean, who wouldn't want to be the goalie in Denver this year?  Foote, Blake, etc watching the blueline.  Sakic, Forsberg, Kariya, Selanne, Hejduk, etc up front.  The worst position on the Av's team will be 4th line center... you'll get a total of 2 minutes of ice-time a night.  May as well just have "fan-appreciation" day and dress the entire 4th line from people in the crowd... none of them will see any ice time unless they need a fighter to take on someone.

-Soda
The Assassins.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2003, 05:33:25 PM »
I live in a Canadian Hockey town and Denver has hockey-mania.

yepp.. even way the hell up here it gets pretty intense during hockey season.

hell, some of the best amateurs in the state live here and some are women :)  (Mother Puckers have won many state titles)

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2003, 06:04:01 PM »
Looks like we Shark fans are in for it. And you bangwagon jumping Duck fans.