Author Topic: An excellent AH strat discussion  (Read 458 times)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
An excellent AH strat discussion
« on: July 17, 2003, 02:08:27 PM »
Over at..

http://forums.checksix.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=539&PN=1&TPN=1

Be interested in what others think, overall its a great debate/discussion

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2003, 03:45:18 AM »
lol it's funny how in sims tribes emerge with a particular viewpoint.

Coming from FA where the big argument was between "relaxed physics" and "advanced physics" it's funny to see something so similar here.

Personally I think AH has a nice balance - good fights in MA - some days better than others, not sure why that is btw, CT for variety and a chance for earlier birds and a mission orientated session once a week in CAP.

Next thing the acm crowd will be asking for is unlimited ammo and taking away those pesky spins and stalls....you know...to make acm BETTER!!!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 08:30:42 AM »
LePaul, such a shameless plug for your board.  ;)

Next thing the acm crowd will be asking for is unlimited ammo and taking away those pesky spins and stalls....you know...to make acm BETTER!!!

Skimmed through the discussion, I see. Must have; you missed this:

"I'll settle for FM's as close to real as they can get and gunnery/ballistics as close to real as they can get. "

Or else you're just a captive of your preconceived notions.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2003, 10:02:06 AM »
LOL, no plugging intended....just one of the better "debates" Ive read in a long time, despite Mini's attempt to make it a personal attack (or something)

Many good points, I know I learned a lot from the views you pointed out.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2003, 10:34:56 AM »
I think he's sorta had a hard-on for me since an O-Club post about Unions or something similar a while back.

Funny Mini hasn't been back; I think it was when you told him he was wrong about the "defueling" by one plane  ;)

..... or maybe he read Pongo's norden thread and saw he was wrong about that too.

Well, all in all, it was enjoyable and a pretty good exchange of views by almost all participants.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2003, 12:21:22 PM »
The squeak slap fight, while enjoyable, offered no useful insights into how "strat" can be improved.  

...but, changing strat isn't the point, imo.  

It's the maps.  The population of the MA doubled, but the maps quadrupled.  The smaller maps offer many more chances for combat per hour than the large maps, because the density of players per sector is greater.  

The past few weeks of the smaller maps have been a blast.  If fuel is porked at this base, so what?  There are 3-5 good fights going on elsewhere, just hop on over.

Today the MA changes back to the "avoid contact with another human at all costs" maps.  During these next three weeks of near boredom and begging for a fight we are gonna see lots of suicide porker" posts again.  It won't be because of strat, it'll be because there won't be an alternative fight.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2003, 03:56:15 PM »
Don't tell me u missed the entire fuel porking part of the slapfest and the proposed solution/solutions?

;)

Improvement ideas were offered.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2003, 04:44:35 PM »
Actually... I hadn't read that thread since my last post.  I kinda figured you were too ignorant to listen toad.  I get the feeling I was right.

As for the "union" thread... I don't really know what you're talking about.  I guess it impacted you a little more than I.

I am simply referring to your insistance that you have been ignored in favor of those hell bent on ruining the aces high you used to love.  You know.. that one that never existed.

Here's a trick you should try Toad... consider it a challenge.  Fly 10 sorties this week.  Take a screenshot of where you launched from... and from each of the forward bases.  See how many have completely porked fuel.  See how few fights you manage to find simply by flying towards an enemy base that has a red bar.  Back up some of these "always" claims you make.  I'm willing to bet you can't.

Your perception is reflecting on you and your attitude as of late.  Your observations are simply biased as well as your overall tone  here, on checksix and in the general forum.  You've picked a side to defend and another side to offend and you're working it for all its worth.  I have no respect for that.

MiniD

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2003, 04:50:03 PM »
Well one has only to read the thread to see who's making the incorrect statements and flights of fantasy.

It's there for all to read.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2003, 05:01:19 PM »
Like I said toad... back it up.

You might want to give that "taking down all the fuel in two passes" thing a try too.  I noticed LePaul kinda twisted that statement a bit.

Once again... back it up toad.  Cause right now... its all talk.

MiniD

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2003, 05:06:01 PM »
Read the Pongo/Norden thread yet? ;)

Let's let the jury of our peers form their own conclusions, counselor. The evidence and argument has been adequately laid out.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2003, 07:40:18 PM »
Saying that one sucide jabo can take out all the fuel (25%) at a full up base in one go, is like saying someone rammed you.  

It's talked about alot, but it never really happens.

Offline BNM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.christian3x3.com/
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2003, 05:41:15 AM »
Originally posted by Furious
Saying that one sucide jabo can take out all the fuel (25%) at a full up base in one go, is like saying someone rammed you.  

It's talked about alot, but it never really happens.

It's easy really. I upped an FM2 from a carrier to a small field one time (attack). [The field had been deacked -1 from previous run.] I killed ALL the fuel, radar, ammo baracks, etc... everything but the hangers, killed 2 fighters trying to up and then returned to the CV and still had some 50 cal. left.

I know that anybody that's played for 6 mths or more could do the same.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2003, 07:59:06 AM »
ah... so the field had been deacked.  LOL!  OK... let's keep adding qualifiers to it.

It is amazing how "I did it once under very special circumstances" can translate to "it happens all the time".

MiniD

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2003, 09:25:14 AM »
I did it offline with the ack up....if you wanna pay for my subscription, I'll be happy to do it online  :D