Author Topic: P-47M and N (edited)  (Read 1212 times)

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
Thank you, Wilbuz!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2003, 05:42:51 PM »
:D

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
P-47M
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2003, 06:28:46 PM »
lots of ways to exploit an LA7.. I simply don't agree that it outclasses most planes... at any alt.  Poor views, average turner, terrible guns, poor fuel duration, even it's speed is often a liability... although this can be attibuted to the pilot as much as the plane.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Kaz

• Silver Member
P-47M
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2003, 10:21:25 AM »
I'd have to say....Furball is Al Gore and on a serious note, at the very least, get rid of the perk ride tags unless the plane is significantly different in appearance than the other unperked versions.

Bring the P47M or N or both to AH2 yeah baby yeah! (Frenchy among others gave some very valid reasons)
Of course, the Ki84/Ki100 AND the Yak3 should appear at the same time if not before.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
P-47M
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2003, 03:53:10 PM »
Steve, it's a good turner with good fuel endurance.

Often many people have brought up the problem that it simply flies too long. The thing flies a lot longer on 75% fuel, than a 109 with 100%.

Also, the La-7 out turns every USN plane except the F6F, F4F/FM2, out turns every USAAF plane except the P-38. Out turns all German planes except the 109F-4 and the E-4, out turns all British except Hurris and Spits.. sustained turn figures, that is. In high speed turns, it stays with almost everything, as long as the pilot knows when and where to manage his throttle.

The guns do suck, but then again, anything not armed with .50s or Hispanos suck, too. It's just a matter of which sucks a bit more, since most German, Japanese, and Soviet cannons are nothing like the Hispano and .50(barring the JP Ho-5 cannon).

A plane, so massively used, having more than 1k/d, really says a lot about the survivability.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
P-47M
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2003, 04:19:33 PM »
Well Kweassa, A large part of the la7's "survivability" can be attributed to that it's a poor jabo plane. Planes like the P51 and typhoon have poorer K/D's in large part that they are used on many Jabo's.  If the La7 had comparable jabo capabilities, you'd see its' K/D drop more in line, IMO.
I don't know what to tell you, Kweassa.  I simply disagree that it's a largely superior plane.  I base this on my experiences. I have little trouble beating LA7's. As I stated previously, there are 1 or 2 La7 sticks that are the exception to this, but  this is true in many planes; like Todd in the spit 5, Drex is his F6, Lefty and frenchy in the jug.   :)
Oh... Taki in his niki.. that guy is really darned good!

Honorable mention to Xdak in his tiffie, I've never run into a tiffie pilot that gave me any trouble until I fought xdak and watched him fight others, he really does well in it!  
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve