Author Topic: No new planes in AH2?  (Read 1197 times)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2003, 09:25:11 AM »
Originally posted by SFRT - Frenchy
I don't think they are working on re-skining the planes. The skins were already made in high resolution, they were just "lowered to AH standard".

They are going to be re-doing the 3d models (ala what was done with spits and 51s a while back). This will require some 'tweaking' to the skins.

AH2 isn't just an upgrade. It's a top to bottom remodel of the game. With the staff that HTC has, no new planes should not be a surprise. Maybe EA should buy AH, then they would have more staff to make new stuff for the "short attention span" crowd.... no... wait... been there...done that...NEVERMIND :D.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2003, 09:48:44 AM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
Spoke to a few folks at the Con last night, and was disappointed to hear they were told no new planes were in the AH2 update.

Granted, the game engine, mission arena, and reskinned planes are like getting a whole new game, but considering the number of threads about new planes I've seen, I'm thinking some folks are going to be disappointed. (Me, yeah a little...was hoping for something to spend my bomber perks on..)

Anyone else hear the same thing from their people at the con?

I'm just wondering how accurate my info is.

Mucky. That's not news .. or even a secret. HT & co have said all along that they were not going to be working on any additional plane or vehicle models until after the release of AHII (possibly even after some patches).

The sky ain't falling ... relax. :D

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2003, 11:08:16 AM »
I'll be glad if AH2 has all the planes we currently have in the planeset.  That in itself would be an industry first.

MiniD

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
Re: Re: No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2003, 01:04:05 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Mucky. That's not news .. or even a secret. HT & co have said all along that they were not going to be working on any additional plane or vehicle models until after the release of AHII (possibly even after some patches).

The sky ain't falling ... relax. :D

I'm fine with the planeset we have. Hell. I've not even flown half the planes we already have. If they never added another plane it would be fine with me. I was simply inquiring as to whether or not this was true.

Thanks.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2003, 03:12:31 PM »
The FM is being redone.  This should give us a bit to play with.  Also Pyro said that the new engine would allow aircraft to be added more rapidly than in the past, so I'd expect that we will see some new aircraft this year.

Given the breadth of the AH2 update I'm more than ready to forgive the lack of new airframes.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Re: ok again
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2003, 04:11:04 PM »
Originally posted by bfreek
how many planes do we need in a game 300?

Naaa... As a matter of fact, HTC could probably cull the entire planeset down to 4, maybe 5, and everyone would be perfectly happy.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2003, 06:05:39 PM »
Originally posted by BNM
Here you go Lazerus...

Discussion on plane skins

TY:)

Offline firbal

• Nickel Member
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2003, 07:13:55 PM »
I would like to see some more bombers added after AH2 is out.
Fireball
39th Fighter Squadron "Cobras in the Clouds"

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2003, 08:43:42 PM »
would you rather wait an extra month or so for AH2 with a couple of new planes or just  wait for AH2?
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2003, 09:32:03 PM »
Im sure HTC make best choices to bring us workable game as fast as they can.
If we not get new planes on relase its nothing bad. New FM, DM,gunnery will be new for all of us. And of course graphic engine update. Plus new mission arena, "custom" skins, new terrain editor, reworked terrains / not less then, one terrain must be done for MA and one for TOD/ - thats all what we know now.
Maybe guys on convention have more news

Graphic update is huge work. Even if graphic team /Superfly and Natedog/ not give us new planes. They have enough work with new look of AH2. I dont think 3d models need rework, UV maping on them /skin plcement/ need rework no doubts. /mostly on older aircrafts/. BUt hard to say its willl be done before relase AH2 /my bet/ or after that. Anyway step by step we will have better game

My suspition is, new skins will be done by players after relase AH2, old will have incresed resolution/details/ only. And HTC will work on improve AH2 and add new planes asap as we walk thrue early phase of AH2 /all games have bugs, its something what cant be avoid just after relase/.

New planes are not so importand now, more valuable for us will be "what new futures can be plug in to this game". What new can we have based on new engine and codes. All the rest  need only time and patience from us /players/

Pyro said in skins topic " ....our resources are best spent in adding new models and improving existing......"

so we can expect new planes soon cuz we need them to balance TOD planeset.

ramzey

Offline udet

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.angelfire.com/nd/mihaipruna/dogfight.html
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2003, 09:54:13 PM »
hmm...at this point I don't care abut new planes or better graphics, all I care for is a drastic improvement in gameplay :p

Offline Hades55

• Nickel Member
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2003, 11:19:25 PM »
Do you like this ?
<< *Four 20-mm*. Hispano cannon in the fuselage nose and *six 0.303-in.* machine-guns in the wings and one 0.303-in. Vickers "K" or Browning gun in the dorsal position. One *18-in. torpedo* externally under fuselage. *Eight rocket* projectiles could be carried as alternative to the wing guns.>>

One model also had a 75mm cannon if i
remember well. :))

Bring Bristol Beaufighter @ AH.
http://www.aviation-history.com/bristol/beaufite.html

Also the Helldiver, 88's ,mobile artillery and Katiousha type rockets.
And i want this SIREN in the stuka we
have now Even if was NOT exist in this
model. Who will say no to this not realistic modification ? :))
After, lets talk about war :))

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2003, 12:40:20 AM »
Does your Sig make no sense whatsoever... or is it just cause I'm drunk?

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2003, 01:29:07 AM »
Well I am half drunk and it sorta makes since....

Offline trolla

• Copper Member
No new planes in AH2?
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2003, 05:20:39 AM »
What we need is skillless newbies that flies straight and level so i can improve my hit ratio :D

Well new planes would be nice too.