Author Topic: AH rewards milkrunner bombers...  (Read 1296 times)

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
AH rewards milkrunner bombers...
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2003, 02:09:37 PM »
Midnight-

Agreed, but we were not lucky, as the mission was a failure.

Sure we hit the target, but to have ANY effect, the city has to be at 25% or less, and the Depot would have to be less. we were able to do neither with 6 bombers (2 flights) at each location.

In order to do the job right, you need 4 flights of bombers (12 planes) per target. 2 as primary bombers, and 2 as clean/up secondary bombers to be used if one of the main is shot down.

Bottom line is this sort of attack requires to much effort for too little reward. Coordination of the attack is very difficult, and the timing must be perfect to make it even worthwhile.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2003, 02:58:48 PM »
Im no bomber dweeb tho so there are probably many more people who could give u some better advice than me!

<--------big time bomber dweeb got over 50 kill's in the b17 on both my accounts put together

skull12
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2003, 03:34:40 PM »
I guess it would, if rank and perk points were the reason you played.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2003, 03:42:37 PM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
i learn the bomb sight prefectly in 3 day's now i never miss

skull12
xskullx

The norden system works well...provided, of course, your controllers don't spike. Mine do, which makes it nearly impossible to acurately calibrate the sight. It isn't a great lose to the game though...since I sucked at bombing anyway :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2003, 08:34:18 AM »
Increase the size of the town at each airfield by like 4x then bombers will have something to do that contributes to the "effort" while reducing the scoring penalty.

But yeah, scoring is wierd as heck.  Some guy that refuels a stuka to milkrun a strat behind friendly lines is a better "bomber" than the guy who resupplies the fuel at an embattled front line base  (resupply sorties actually reduce your rank in the per sortie stats).

P.S. (Neither of these things are "bombing" in my book - but they are in AH.)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2003, 09:06:09 AM by Zanth »

Offline ET

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2003, 09:40:28 AM »
be interesting if there were no cities, just factory's.