Author Topic: Kobe's Accuser Picture.....supposedly  (Read 5981 times)

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Kobe's Accuser.....supposedly
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2003, 12:15:39 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
This is quite different than the Bryant case. He admits to having sex with her. The girl says she was a victim. Bryant says she was not.

My example was just to show that there can be victims even if no one is ever found guitly of a crime.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2003, 12:23:09 PM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
My example was just to show that there can be victims even if no one is ever found guitly of a crime.

No arguing that point... but if Bryant isn't found guilty, I can't see that she's a victim in this case.
sand

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2003, 12:23:48 PM »
Finished law school in 99. Started working in the court in 01, worked there 01-03. I have been trying to explain before exactly what I was doing, and I havent found any translation to the US or english court systems that works.

Well... Did you sit on a bench? In a robe? With a gavel? Did you have people come into your courtroom?  Did you say things like "Over-ruled!"? Could you order the bailiff to beat on unrully folks? Did you hand down decisions? Did you sentence people to years in jail?

You know... Judge type stuff. Was this you?

Offline Pfunk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2003, 12:32:33 PM »
You are one seriously disturbed person.

Suppose a girl gets raped. She is found uncounciess in a park with physical injuries and sperm inside her. She says someone assaulted her and raped her. The rapist is never found. Does that mean that the girl wasnt raped?

I dunno how your sick mind works, but just because the guilty person cannot be found guilty in a court of law, that does not mean that there was no crime. You have to understand that difference.

In that case yes she would be a victim.  She did not know her attacker nor could they find who did it.  However in the Bryant case she knew the attacker and she cannot be considered a victim unless she proves otherwise.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2003, 12:36:42 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Well... Did you sit on a bench? In a robe? With a gavel? Did you have people come into your courtroom?  Did you say things like "Over-ruled!"? Could you order the bailiff to beat on unrully folks? Did you hand down decisions? Did you sentence people to years in jail?

You know... Judge type stuff. Was this you?

Well, we dont have robes or wigs in Sweden. We dont have that "objection" - "overruled"-thingy either. Nor do we have a jury, or a bailiff.

The first year, I got to do pretty much nothing but to prepare cases, prepare files, brief judges on legal stuff, write reports, be a part of the court in various trials (that is, sit behind the bench with the judge and the three "nämndemän"  but without a vote in the verdict).

Then after a year, I "earned my spurs" or whatever. I got to handle all divorces, adoptions, bankruptcies. That is, if someone wanted a divorce, I was the one going over the case, and deciding if they should get a divorce or not, and I signed the documents...you know "the court finds that the marriage of mr X and mrs Y has ended...blah blah ...on behalf of the court...signed me". Same with adoptions..."the court grants mr and mrs X the right to adopt the child Y ...signed me" ..same with bankruptcies..."the court finds that the company X is insolvent and declares it to be under bankruptcy...signed me" etc etc  I also did hundreds of smaller cases...if anyone was to be declared unable to care for themselves and put under a guardian..I signed those rulings...etc etc

I got to handle all cases up until the trial (stuff like rule on public defenders, making sure the lawsuits are correct, etc etc boring stuff). I got to hold my own trials in certain "lighter" cases (speeding, shoplifting, driving without permit, violation against EC law, etc etc) In these cases I was the judge. I sat in the judge seat, I had three "nämndemän" beside me, and another junior judge that was below me in rank or how to call it. I called all the shots, ordered people around...blah blah...you name it, I was the judge. I have never sentenced anyone to jail however. 99% of the cases I got were cases where the perp got a fine.  In the "heavier" cases, I still did the same thing as in the first year (sit behind the bench without a vote).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 12:42:03 PM by Hortlund »

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2003, 12:43:36 PM »
Ah gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. That's judge-like enough for me. Blows my mind that Sweden makes people judges after only a couple of years out of law school. And especially when they show such disregard for the rules of logic! :) The pay must suck or something. :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 12:46:03 PM by Nash »

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2003, 12:52:58 PM »
She is obviously of swedish ancestry.

I think this is what has Hortlund's panties in such a wad.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2003, 01:03:22 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Ah gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. That's judge-like enough for me. Blows my mind that Sweden makes people judges after only a couple of years out of law school. And especially when they show such disregard for the rules of logic! :) The pay must suck or something. :)

Well, to be prefectly honest I think I tend to be more outspoken on this here BB than IRL...imagine that huh

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2003, 01:21:28 PM »
Just out of curiosity...how many rape victims have you met? I mean face to face?

My ex-girlfriend was a rape victim. What's your point? Or was there no point, just a simple "I've met a rape victim so you guys don't know what you are talking about."? Because it sounds an awful lot like you're saying the very same thing.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2003, 01:21:57 PM »
So that's why he's so bitter !!! All that work and he never got to fry someone, not even a jail term. Talk about disappointment :D

Just messing with you Hort :D

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2003, 02:46:41 PM »

this point has already been adressed in my previous post (and quit a few posts of others) but I'll go over it again.  

yes, in some cases there can be victims even if the guilty party is never found.

not in this case, everyone agrees on who was there.  everyone agrees that he had sex with her.  the whole question in this case is - was she a willing participant who decided to call it rape after the fact, or was she raped.  if she wasn't raped then there was no crime, if there was no crime there was no victim.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2003, 03:31:56 PM »
And if she was raped, but he is found not guilty due to some legal weirdness ala OJ? Then she wasnt raped? Is that what you are saying?

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2003, 03:32:35 PM »
I wasnt there. But how often to girls have visible physical injuries three weeks after having consensual sex with someone?

Kinda hard to overlook that.If in fact HE was responsable for them.Rape is an easy wolf to cry and it wouldnt be the first time a girl had someone slap her around to make it look good.If its found he forced himself on her I say off with his balls and then slip them into the MAW's stew pot:rolleyes:
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2003, 03:38:37 PM »
And if she was raped, but he is found not guilty due to some legal weirdness ala OJ? Then she wasnt raped? Is that what you are saying?

If she was raped and Kobe' is found innocent, then she may be a victim, but not Kobe's victim, however based on the press leaks from both sides in this case. The question seems to be whether or not there was a rape.

Offline BEVO

• Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2003, 04:44:23 PM »

and if she did have consentual sex, then cried rape....... for what ever reason...... (fame, money.... it happens every day) ........ and Kobe is found guilty of rape........ is Kobe not the victim?