Author Topic: What was changed on the Pizza map?  (Read 1227 times)

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
What was changed on the Pizza map?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2003, 11:32:51 PM »
Most fun I've had in a long while was the pizza today.

All the maps are good if you find the rite group to mix it up with.
BK's

Having the CV close to an enemy field helps tho.

Offline Matt1221b

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2003, 12:49:05 AM »
why dos everyone hate the pizza map, i have alot of fun on it but i dont use the MA....so mayb thats the problem

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2003, 08:00:08 AM »
yep sax... a CV is in effect a close field.   No CV fights on pizza and.... no real fights.

yep curly... everyone is wrong..  the three AK's that claim to like the pizza map are the only right ones.
lazs

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2003, 08:07:52 AM »
i like pizza wtg AK's! the only thing i dont like is the alt of the ground level.

... and lazs, i dont know what map u been playing because there is nearly always a cv fight going on.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2003, 09:05:59 AM »
furball.. it may be because I fly nits.   When nits had about even or superior numbers a few tours back there were allways good cv fights..  when you are outnumbered by oh, say, 20-50% the cv fights don't happen or don't last.  Had a good one last night for a while but because we were so down on fields and numbers they were able to kill the field we were at.  end of cv fight.
lazs

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2003, 09:10:33 AM »
Originally posted by sax

BK's

'Twas a blast !!! ... until your fellow countrymen showed up and the gang-fest started, followed closely by the "porkage" crew.

We killed each other so many times last night I lost count, but I think that I am still 1 up on ya ... :D
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2003, 09:11:46 AM »
Yeah, seems like the knits have become the rooks of old where numbers are conserned.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2003, 10:26:55 AM »
Originally posted by sax

BK's

Yeah buddy! That was fun while it lasted. I owe zippatuh 2, lol.

13th.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2003, 10:29:27 AM »
Great fight last night with the BK's and Co....too bad the strateeeegery folks showed up on both sides....I just don't get how taking fields is more fun than the fight itself.

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2003, 10:49:21 AM »
When I logged on we had one air field and all the hangers were dead. Waited 10mins untill a hanger upped. Flew 2 flights landed 6 kills and logged. Was a sight watching the bishrooks gang vultch a field. At least I didnt have to fly very far to get in a fight. Just get to the end of the runway wheels up fights on!
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2003, 11:51:12 AM »
ice you were either lucky or the bish/rook hordes vultching were totally talentlless while you were on... if that is not the case I would love to hear your secret for taking off with 20 planes vultching the runway.  

I have never seen a plane be able to take off when I was vultching and fighting with 20 other nits over the kill.
lazs

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2003, 11:58:17 AM »
If we'd known how much whining that damn map would generate starting a month before anyone even saw it we would have made it even more sucky. ;)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2003, 12:17:51 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
ice you were either lucky or the bish/rook hordes vultching were totally talentlless while you were on... if that is not the case I would love to hear your secret for taking off with 20 planes vultching the runway.  

I have never seen a plane be able to take off when I was vultching and fighting with 20 other nits over the kill.
lazs

Simple lazs the hangers were all dead. The vulching had moved away from the field as they tried to clean up stragglers. When the hanger came up I was able to take off. Get 2 quick kills land exit. Now the vulchers came back to the field and knights were mass upping. I just rolled out of the hanger and was able to get up. 4 mores kills landed those. Thats when the mass gang vultch started and I dont take off from a field like that so I logged.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2003, 02:20:42 PM »
ok ice... i just thought you might have found a way to make the AK steamroller map fun when there were no CV's around.   Guess there really isn't any way short of luck to make it fun... unless watching paint dry is your idea of fun.
lazs

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2003, 03:33:59 PM »
Zip got scared and logged Apache:)

Slap , it's way more than one:) I do learn something everytime I fite yu tho so kinda evens things out on my end.