Author Topic: <- impressed i figured it out .. but question??  (Read 911 times)

Offline Pfunk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
<- impressed i figured it out .. but question??
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2003, 12:06:06 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
I don't agree with that Pfunk.  By the time you install, download updates, and get everything configured so you can install your applications, it should take about 4 hours, at least.

I have XP Pro and downloaded SP1 awhile ago and burned it to a CD.  That takes about 30-50 mins to install.  Downloading the other updates takes about 20-30 mins to download and install.  Maybe 30 mins to install programs, and 30 more mins to install other stuff AH, nero, Norton, etc all of which have been burned to CD or DVD specifically for the purpose new installs.  SO all in all 2hours tops for me.

Offline Vipermann

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2003, 12:12:11 PM »
If your gonna burn that stuff to CD you should take a look at Norton's ghost.

I use it for my home install as well as at work. With DVD burners getting cheaper you can have alomst your entire setup ghosted onto a DVD and reload with a few keypresses.

I'm redoing my home ghost copy now to include the new version of CloneDVD and Rise Of Nations(love that game).
Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dieing

Offline Pfunk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2003, 12:39:35 PM »
How is CloneDVD compared to DvdShrink or Instant Copy?  I have been using those programs for the past 3 months to back up my Dvd 9's.  My general rule of thumb is if the DVD is greater than 6.4GB I use IC if its any lower I use DVDShrink.  But if the movie is to big I just do movie only with Shrink.

Offline Vipermann

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2003, 01:36:06 PM »
I like it, I was used to using CloneCD and ClonDVD is much similar. I never heard of Instant copy until you mentioned it. I've used DVD Shrink along with Nero before CloneDVD came out, now I just use CloneDVD unless it has a problem.

Do you do any DVD authoring? I'm looking for a good authoring program. I have every episode of MST3k on VHS. I want to put them on DVD.
Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dieing

Offline Pfunk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2003, 04:00:40 PM »
Ulead DVD Moviefactory - Template driven, Super Easy to use, little customization, no 5.1, no motion menus, no chapters, CHEAP and Excellent for beginners!

Ulead DVD Workshop - Highly customizable, DD 5.1 support (I merge MPG>AC3 in TMPGEnc), Motion menus/backgrounds, supports multiple file sizes (320x240 mpg-1, 352x480 mpg-2, 720x480 mpg-2, and more, but these are for my home videos>DVD), burn to DVD w/in program

Sorry for the thread hijack, both are good programs