Author Topic: Zig's ultimate Camo  (Read 204 times)

Offline Vati66

• Zinc Member
      • http://home.earthlink.net/~spitfiremk9/SturmJaegers.html
Zig's ultimate Camo
« on: October 24, 2000, 07:35:00 PM »
Salute Zig for that great camo Scheme you used at the fight on the ridge line just north of A7.  
    I was in a furball in a cannon hog when Zig droped in from above trailing smoke in a Zeke.  This was the first time your Camo scheme worked on me    I thought you were shot down and was going in.  I was wrong.   After a few seconds I see you making passes in the fight, so I dive at you and hit you causing alot more smoke to be trailing from your plane.  I figured your death was now done right.    Wrong again!.  I make a few more passes and see your still smoking fighter low on the deck with Shamus makeing a pass. I figured you just hadn't hit the ground yet so i paid no attentions to you and went after a 38 witch I shot down.  As I pulled up off the 38 I looked around and saw you still flying around So i go in again at you.  I look at my ammo counter and I'm under 100 rounds so i take a good look at you as I'm closeing, I see smoke from the engine and white smoke from both wings  " no sence in wasting ammo on this guy ..someone has put fork in him already."  So, I pull off to leave you for dead once again.  I was wrong !!   I make a pass at an F4U  that is low on the deck  and as i pull up and loop back, what do I see ?  why it's that damn wreak of a Zeke still in the air! I put the nose down to extend a little but I see Shamus below with an F4 on him, so I dive down after the f4 and fire ...I missed ..as I extend, I do a quick 6 check and right behind me is...you guessed it ...that Zeke with the Smoke screen camo!!!  Well Zig, Great kill and great use of deceptive camo!!!   LOL   I tell you what,  I was very pissed at first!!  but after a few minutes I started laughing over the whole thing.  Great fight Zig !! < S >

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Zig's ultimate Camo
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2000, 07:37:00 PM »
Perk?!?!?!?!?!

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Zig's ultimate Camo
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2000, 08:24:00 PM »
I noticed several time Zeros burning 2 black smokes and a white one and still flying great. That's very deceptive.  
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Zig's ultimate Camo
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2000, 10:48:00 PM »
Tell inquiring minds how this works. Is there a smoke button???

Mav

Unless of course it is just a bug.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
Zig's ultimate Camo
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2000, 01:26:00 AM »
When the Zeke is trailing smoke like Frenchy said, it is on fire.  After a few minutes like this, one of the wings pops off and it is a free spin into the ground.  Yes, it flies like normal, but for a few minutes.  Then, bang-crash, the wing comes off.

-math

------------------
"Any American fighter near Orote Penninsula.  I have forty Jap planes surrounded and need a little help."
-Ens. W.B. "Spider" Webb during the Marians Turkey Shoot

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Zig's ultimate Camo
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2000, 04:56:00 AM »
When a 109 is on fire, 60 second pass, then BOOOM  

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Suave1

• Zinc Member
Zig's ultimate Camo
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2000, 09:05:00 AM »
Zeke's are one of the most difficult planes to see, with icons off I mean . And a zeke with tracers off is even sneakier. Those signal flare tracers are highly visible against the green terrain .