Author Topic: made funked and nopoop drive the big ugly car.  (Read 3672 times)

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
made funked and nopoop drive the big ugly car.
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2003, 05:26:01 PM »
Sure thing dowding.  Whatever you say.  Of course... you might want to read up on 64-69 GT racing before saying too much more.

The 70's cars came around and were a major set back because performance was just getting too out of hand.  Some aspects have caught up and even passed the older cars... but not as many as younguns like you think.

You can get fast, and you can get fun, and it will be more of a car than you'll ever need... but it still won't be the same as the late 60's big blocks... it'll just get better gas mileage.

MiniD

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2003, 05:29:52 PM »
Originally posted by BGBMAW
ahhh ha!! lazs'y gots an El Co.huh??

perfect..im otw   Dixon now to pork ur fuel....see how far yoy 1/4 tank gets u:D

btw,,last 5 years on i-80 between sacto and SF is Bullsheit...ttraffic is so frikn crappy now...

oink oink
BiGB
xoxo

funny my shifter cart kiks allthese cars assses in acceleration and cornering and braking..ahh i love that little rokt:)..

lazs ..maybe someday ill callu to come race at the Dixon Trak:)

BTW BGB, fatality at IKF race in Davis yesterday.  :(

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2003, 05:30:11 PM »
Of course... you might want to read up on 64-69 GT racing before saying too much more.

We're talking about racing cars now? You've shifted the goal posts into a whole new postal code. If you want to compare the big block racing cars to an Evo equivalent, you'd have to use the WRC rally Evo. That would be an interesting comparison indeed.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2003, 05:35:32 PM »
The 65-69 cars were pretty much set up for racing (much like the EVO).  Like I said... read up on it.  You might actually learn something and stop spewing so much nonsense.

MiniD

Offline swoopy

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2003, 05:38:15 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
they all suck compared to this : -

:D

hehe went out in my mates brothers mini 75 bhp it had IN A MINI!!!!! :D

we went out down all the country roads and just couldnt stop laughing, no body roll,  round corners at 60 u wouldnt normally do at that speed, tho we did slow down when we got a seized caliper and nearly went in a ditch.

Such fun cars not like that new thing....
Vosnik
9 GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2003, 05:39:21 PM »
what!!!!!! no way...

they can only race 80 shifters there!  omg...

that is horrible..

roll over ..break neck??  only way i can see dying??

dam that is really sad..poor family..prays for them

BiGB

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2003, 06:11:15 PM »
My dad was working the race.  It was one of the junior classes with mixed 2 & 4 cycle karts.  One kid lost his chain and swerved across the track so he could get back to the pits I guess.  But he didn't raise his hand or anything, and a following kart t-boned him.  The guy who lost his chain was OK, but the other kart went airborne and flipped and came down on top of the poor kid, head first.  His helmet came off and he came to rest with the kart on top of him.  They helicoptered him out but he was DOA.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2003, 09:05:49 PM »
Originally posted by Mini D
Dowding... when anyone is bragging on their acceleration and 1/4 times... the rest is irrelevant.

Originally posted by Dowding
Over a 1/4 mile, on the other hand, the Evo would be beaten

Does this end the argument?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2003, 09:14:26 PM »
guys... it's not a big deal to me.  I can take frenchys car and dump a couple grand in the motor.. a couple 3 in the brakes and suspension and maybe another 3 in a richmond gear 6 speed and... you will have one neat car... you will have built it yourself and driving/riding it it will be an experiance that you will not forget.   I am sure that dowding has a friend of a friend of a cousin who gave him a ride in some car he bought off the showroom and is real proud of his ability to pick just the right color combo for it.

Sorry about the cart guy.   BGB... I would love to go to the track with you.   I don't know anything about carts.   you are also right about the traffic even between Dixon and SAC.   And.... about fuel... the elky weighs 3700 lbs and the big block drains the 20 gallon tank in 200 miles or less..but...

dowding.. the evo is not the only car that will do 140 quickly.   5500 rpm in sixth in the elky is like 174mph..   I have no doubt the big block will pull those gears but I don't want to go that fast in the car.   the big block pulls as hard in fifth and sixth as it does in 2nd and 3rd..  that is what big blocks do.   I am sorry that torque is illegal in england but we enjoy it.... course... gas is less than 2 bucks a gallon here.   I don't think you have a clue about the effort some guys have put into the old sixties cars.   They will go arount the track with cars that cost 5 times as much.   Mine is nothing special but it is mine and it is fun.
lazs

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2003, 03:03:16 AM »
Does this end the argument?

Eh? I wasn't arguing that the Evo or similar would beat a big block over the 1/4 mile. I never argued that. I pointed out superiority over the quarter mile does not automatically equate to superiority when a few curves are thrown in. Perhaps you should pay closer attention to the thread in future.

the evo is not the only car that will do 140 quickly. 5500 rpm in sixth in the elky is like 174mph.. I have no doubt the big block will pull those gears but I don't want to go that fast in the car.

Did I say the Evo was the only car in the world capable of 140 mph?

I don't think you have a clue about the effort some guys have put into the old sixties cars.

Using modern materials and technology. MiniD was saying that stock 60s car could beat a stock Evo over any track in the world. I think we both know that is BS.

I am sorry that torque is illegal in england but we enjoy it.... course... gas is less than 2 bucks a gallon here.

Last time I check torque was not illegal. I think they'd have touble passing legislation banning the existance of a scientific parameter. It would be like trying to ban temperature, or acceleration or deceleration. You do have some weird ideas Lazs.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2003, 05:01:15 AM »
.wow..a little kid at that...really is bad...

one of the reasons im scared to compete in my 125 cc...too many hungry karts in first turn..

lazs..125cc shifter karts are insane(if u weigh under 200 or so)....u get a chance drive down to Argile park..right off main road dixon...track is top nocth..and very fassst

as i was filing up my mustang  today..i lafffed,,only cost me 20 bucks...hhehe  small bellybutton gas tank..

btw any1 recomend an air filter system thats bettr then stock gt 2001 mustang tht doesnt void warranty?

weeeee new tires and rims soon.....skkkeeet skirt...sideways around corner

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2003, 06:06:34 AM »
20 bucks would buy you about 4 gallons of fuel here.  Thats why you dont see many big block's ;)
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2003, 07:12:54 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Eh? I wasn't arguing that the Evo or similar would beat a big block over the 1/4 mile. I never argued that. I pointed out superiority over the quarter mile does not automatically equate to superiority when a few curves are thrown in. Perhaps you should pay closer attention to the thread in future.

Dowding.  Try to imagine me shaking my head with eyes closed in a defeated, humble manner.

Good.  Now re-read the entire thread so I dont have to go through cutting and pasting various quotes to show that (as usual) you entered a discussion, turned it into an argument about something not even being discussed, and then claim not to have done so.

Since the discussion was about acceleration and quater mile times, as MiniD attempted to explain to you, the 'Ill beat him in the twisties' argument has no place.  Further from that, your attempts to point the finger at others for sending the thread astray when you lose the initial argument are easily identifiable by us silly Yanks - we had Clinton in office for 8 years, you know.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2003, 07:15:24 AM »
BGB - any aftermarket airfilter will not void your warrenty.

However the claim that they give you increased power is probably one of the biggest automotive hoaxes out there right now.

Sure it worked fine for pre computer controlled cars, but with todays cars, if you want power from the intake process, you need to change the air meter - a filter alone will get you a nice sound, thats all.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2003, 07:36:05 AM »
Now re-read the entire thread so I dont have to go through cutting and pasting various quotes to show that (as usual) you entered a discussion, turned it into an argument about something not even being discussed, and then claim not to have done so.

Oh my, talk about anal retention. No matter, you're still wrong. Read my original post. Read the post directly above it and those above that. They were discussing the relative merits of the Impreza and the Big Block before I even posted. It's that simple even you could get it. A little effort goes a long way.

Why are you so interested anyway?

Further from that, your attempts to point the finger at others for sending the thread astray when you lose the initial argument...

Is it a full moon or something? What are you on about now? I posted all along that whether the performance of one car will outclass another is depedent on the circumstances. That was my point - that there are no absolutes, which is what MiniD was relying on. I also repeatedly said that at the end of day personal preference is the clincher.

No need to get your panties in a wad, entertaining as it is. Carry on!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 07:53:46 AM by Dowding »