Author Topic: Targetware Open BETA  (Read 5140 times)

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2003, 11:40:43 AM »
I don't know... depends on how its structured.  With AH you agree that everything is the property of AH and you basically forfeit all rights to it.  With MSFS, its not pay to play so the point is kinda mute.

Really... this is a new area for this type of game.  Community projects take on a whole new form once the cash starts rolling in.

MiniD

I did not see that they only intend to charge for the metaserver... it was my impression that individual mods could also charge a fee.

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2003, 11:50:32 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Rejected by the meta server every time.. :(

in main menu u have settings where is stick configuration, same place u must input pas and login every time when u run TR

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2003, 11:59:32 AM »
I bet this game will be real big with the luftwhiner crowd.

Offline JoeDirt

• Nickel Member
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2003, 12:03:38 PM »
i really need a new graphics card for my laptop....is it possible to have an exterior video card?   i get 10-7 fps....im not happy with it, but atleast it works. so dont be squeakin about 20 fps, unless you spent a whole lotta money....nevermind, squeak on.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2003, 12:23:37 PM »
Beaufighter shooting with full ord.

beautiful cockpit detail (all controls move)

Cockpit rear view (AI gunner)

Firing ord

I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2003, 12:48:40 PM »
10Bears :)

My point was that its quite useless to make statements like "I hate airstarts... I'll never play it again", but never state your preferences to the developers.  This goes for any game :) No feedback from the players = no improvements.  It would be like AH2 coming out, and making statements like the above statement on the WB3 BBS. If Hitech and Pyro dont' hear your feedback, they can't make it any better.

For me Targetware is about being able to make your own Mods, and about the jets.  I highly respect the hard work the Target Rabaul guys have done, but the theater and the side mismatches just aren't for me.  Not to say I won't play it here and there though :)

As was stated, I'm working on a Vietnam era mod, called Target Hanoi, "Going Downtown".  Lately, I have as much fun creating as I do flying. :)

For me its about the bigger possibilities of air combat outside of WWII. Korea, Arab-Israeli conflicts, Vietnam.  The Spanish Civil war, Target Flanders, or even a fantasy WWII 1946-1947.

In other words, its not about replacing Aces High, definitely not.  Its about adding another dish, with a different spice,  to the menu of online air combat.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2003, 06:39:05 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo
Cool effort.

Bottom line.

What does it offer a AH player?

Nothing that won't be in AH2.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2003, 06:51:50 PM »
Originally posted by Vermillion

In other words, its not about replacing Aces High, definitely not.  Its about adding another dish, with a different spice,  to the menu of online air combat.

And that's the reason why I will probably end up sticking with the game.  I consider it a nice side dish to the main course.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2003, 08:58:31 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
And that's the reason why I will probably end up sticking with the game.  I consider it a nice side dish to the main course.

Ack-Ack

Exactly what I think, too.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2003, 11:24:41 PM »
...this sounds like communism.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2003, 02:05:28 AM »
I wonder why this thread is not locked... over 100 post and no lock...

If you like mention WWIIO you dont have the time to type the L on the end before the lock comes...
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2003, 02:19:42 AM »
Originally posted by Vermillion
10Bears :)

It's cool that your making new stuff, but my gad, lumping in this freeware with AH like it's an alternative "dish" is a HUGE stretch.

Your personal efforts for the game surely skew your take on the big picture, but lemme tell ya. This aint no AH, it aint no dish, it aint no appetizer either. Its a freeware sim that is way behind "classic" AH, just before the most popular online WWII sim busts out with a new graphics and new game model, ala AH2.

And I don't care if AH fails, I wanted it too for years, because that would mean something great came about.

AH is safe.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2003, 03:16:38 AM »
Runs like **** on my 1Ghz ancient puter.

Hm. New puter or a new FF rig?

Looks like I'll be sticking with this old trusted puter for another couple of years.

Had hoped it'd be a bit less processor-intensive, but that might change as it gets optimized.

Really good for an open beta IMHO.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2003, 08:16:05 AM »
You guys should ALL go fly the beta for a couple of weeks.  If for no other reason than to remind you of how good we have it now in AH.

Beta's are by definition rough around the edges, unfinished, full of little inconstistancys & bugs.

Deal with it!

It takes at minimum a couple of hours of stick tweaking, help file reading, testing, repeat, repeat to even get close to it being really flyable.

Plus we have a couple of absolute first.

A player designed, run, sim where ordinary people can design, host & play in a scenario.

Totally configurable to the average guy
who is willing to take the time to learn how.

That gives guys like you & me the ability to run a full blown scenario with realistic
settings.

This is a good thing for ALL flight simmers.

By the same token I've never appreciated AH so much for what it offers us now. We are truly blessed
and for pete's sake don't drop your AH subscription for TR yet.

Target Rabaul Dev team
HTC

(Steps off soapbox)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2003, 08:30:27 AM »
Nothing that won't be in AH2.

I wasn't aware that AH2, when released, will include the Emily, Betty, Shoki and Beaufighter.