Author Topic: I knew Europe was stingy with their defense spending, but this is ridiculous...  (Read 922 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Thx Nilsen! :D

Offline takeda

• Nickel Member
Aren't you yanks flying your silly RC planes all around? :D

Offline Darkfire

• Zinc Member
yea rc planes with nukes lol :p

Offline Jack55

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
New Malibu Barbie accessory?

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
What is it anyway?

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
LOL grun... :D

That is a model of our new class of FPB, the Skjold class. The big one has finished its trials and series production is starting soon.
The Skjold is actually the worlds fastest warship and has made 59,8 knots with sandbags onboard to simulate full warload. It has been in the US for a while cause they may buy several of them for use by special ops and coastal warfare.

Its a stealthy designed cushioned boat with waterjets. Its gonna be armed with 8 newly designed 150nm asm missiles and an oto melara gun + chaff/flares and manpad mistral missiles. Plenty of room inside for special forces and their ribs. Ive been on a short trip with it and its wierd driving a boat with a joystick :D

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
It looks the business. Twin hulled, nilsen?
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
yep dowding

"A SES is in principle based on a catamaran hull where lift fans blow air into an air cushion between the hulls. Rubber finger type seals in the bow and a bag seal in the stern close the air-leakage. An air pressure equivalent to abt. 0.5m water column is maintained and controlled by a Ride Control System"

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Be pretty good for the export market for coastal waters and small navies.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
You're gonna see a huge growth in littoral weapon research and development over the next few years here in the US.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Originally posted by Nilsen10
LOL grun... :D

That is a model of our new class of FPB, the Skjold class. The big one has finished its trials and series production is starting soon.
The Skjold is actually the worlds fastest warship and has made 59,8 knots with sandbags onboard to simulate full warload..

Its a stealthy designed cushioned boat with waterjets. Its gonna be armed with 8 newly designed 150nm asm missiles and an oto melara gun + chaff/flares and manpad mistral missiles. Plenty of room inside for special forces and their ribs. Ive been on a short trip with it and its wierd driving a boat with a joystick :D

Who you gonna use all this against? :D

Norway is making weapons! invade them!
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
Originally posted by Furball
Who you gonna use all this against? :D

Norway is making weapons! invade them!

Us?  As long as your bud Tony B. comes along, we have a coalition! :p

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
yeah sure...come on you infidels :D

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
It's a cool ship Nilsen, where are the missle bays and how are they stowed and fired?

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
The 8 missiles are launched from tubes under deck behind the "cockpit". Land attack missiles are under development to from the same missile (NSM)