Author Topic: P47 Manouvers  (Read 1035 times)

Offline EnglishAce

• Zinc Member
P47 Manouvers
« on: August 06, 2003, 05:27:44 PM »
Hi all,

I was wondering if you guys can shed some light on sum defensive and offensive moves that work well in the P47, as i'm semi-new to the game but am determind not to go with the usually noobie flow of using th N1K or Spit :).

All Help is much apreciated

Simon :D

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
P47 Manouvers
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 05:39:24 PM »
Ask Nomde or Frency.  They're our resident experts in the Jug.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline sonofagun

• Zinc Member
Re: P47 Manouvers
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 09:13:51 AM »
Originally posted by EnglishAce
Hi all,

...but am determind not to go with the usually noobie flow of using th N1K or Spit :).

All Help is much apreciated

Simon :D

Whaaa.....?  Those are fun planes.  I've seen (and been shot down by) many veterans flying these two planes.

Offline ZDS1486

• Zinc Member
P47 Manouvers
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 04:07:21 PM »
Ok, quick question:

What is "newbie" about using the Spitfires or N1ks? They are excellent planes. Even with their great strengths, they can be shot down using the right tactics. When I fly the Spitfire Mk 5 I usually get 8-9 kills before I get shot down, but when I fly something else (such as the Tempest) I can shoot down the Mk 5 as easily as I can fly it.

If you know how to aim your guns you can shoot down anything. Just set your vector up right.

-Ace

Offline EnglishAce

• Zinc Member
P47 Manouvers
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2003, 05:42:02 AM »
If You Rather Stupid people acctualy read my first post properly you would of read the fact i said that i wouldnt follow the 'Noobie Flow', which in that way i wrote it pointed out that most new people Who start go with a Spit or a N1k, i did not therefore call the Spit or the N1k a 'Newbie' Aircraft.

There was also no need to 'Hi-jack' the thread acusing me of calling it newbie aircraft, when all i really asked for is sum tips on flying the p47.

Simon :mad:

Offline JoeBWan17

• Zinc Member
P47 Manouvers
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2003, 08:46:44 AM »
If You Rather Stupid people acctualy read my first post properly you would of read the fact i said that i wouldnt follow the 'Noobie Flow', which in that way i wrote it pointed out that most new people Who start go with a Spit or a N1k, i did not therefore call the Spit or the N1k a 'Newbie' Aircraft.

There was also no need to 'Hi-jack' the thread acusing me of calling it newbie aircraft, when all i really asked for is sum tips on flying the p47.

Simon :mad:

I always find going directly into defensive and pissed off mode when people make a comment about your post is the best way to get a lot of help!

The insulting is a great idea too.  WTG!

JoeBWan
VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"

Offline EnglishAce

• Zinc Member
P47 Manouvers
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2003, 09:30:49 AM »
Originally posted by JoeBWan17
I always find going directly into defensive and pissed off mode when people make a comment about your post is the best way to get a lot of help!

The insulting is a great idea too.  WTG!

JoeBWan
VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"

Wow, Another American W@nker........... Get it thru your thick skulls i'm wanting ADVICE not CRITISIM!

Offline Munkii

• Nickel Member
P47 Manouvers
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2003, 09:44:23 AM »

Wow, Another American W@nker........... Get it thru your thick skulls i'm wanting ADVICE not CRITISIM!

I give it a 2.5 unless he's serious then I give him a 9.5 for the unintentional troll.

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
P47 Manouvers
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2003, 09:49:09 AM »
It's all in the presentation though... no need to try and put down the Spit/N1K (or whatever), they are excellent aircraft and not just for newbies.

Now, to get back on your question, the P-47 you are going to have to develop your "style"  of fighting a little more quickly around the characteristics of the P-47 aircraft.  In general, this requires that you stay away from TnB type fights at lower speeds and practice a more BnZ style.  You simply cannot turn with the majority of aircraft in AH at lower speeds (though higher speeds are fine).  Understand that the P-47 is also a poor energy replacement fighter, it is too large and heavy to accelerate or climb quickly.  You need to avoid these areas of performance so as to minimize the fact that other aircraft will exploit you.  The P-47 does have great weight, excellent high speed handling, good views (P-47D30), and very effective guns.  Consider all those factors in any fight and attempt to negate your disadantages through proper preparation (before the fight) and correct maneuvering during the fight.

Specific tricks of the P-47 include the use of maneuvering flaps at key points (but only briefly), mastering vertical maneuvers, snapshot skills, scissors, overshoots (in general) and high speed dive/roll performance.

To give specific maneuvers that will help is difficult as they are very dependant on situation.  If you haven't already, take a look at my aircraft pages and they can probably give you some hints:

Soda's Aircraft Help

Offline EnglishAce

• Zinc Member
P47 Manouvers
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2003, 10:05:44 AM »
Thanks Very much Soda, ur helps apreciated

Offline sonofagun

• Zinc Member
P47 Manouvers
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2003, 03:21:28 PM »

I suppose there's a silly accent that goes along with that silly attitude.

It was American W@nkers that kicked your silly arses (sp?) in two seperate wars and saved your silly arses in yet another.

BTW,  why not fly those excellent brit planes?

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
P47 Manouvers
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2003, 03:23:46 PM »
i use the barrel roll alot in the 47, just make sure you fly without the auto on

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
P47 Manouvers
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2003, 03:54:08 PM »
Soda, what an huge amount of work you donated for your excellent aircraft help pages.  Thanks much.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline MRPLUTO

• Nickel Member
P47 Manouvers
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2003, 07:14:31 AM »
EnglishAce,

Because, as Soda pointed out, the P-47 does not climb or accelerate well some pilots set a minimum alt that they won't fly below in combat...maybe 10k.  That way they never find themselves low and slow.  Also, in the case of the P-47, higher is better in terms of speed.

MRPLUTO VMF-323 ~Death Rattlers~ MAG-33