Author Topic: A Very Good Idea....  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
A Very Good Idea....
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2003, 01:07:08 PM »
I hear ya Steve....ya see, if they all would just listen to me, everything would be fine.:)

Best thing to do is to just wait for AH TOD....send all of them mishun doods off to greener pastures....then and only then will real men like ourselves be able to pound our chests and yell like Tarzan after we've bested someone who actually knows how to fight:)

Cyas Up!

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
A Very Good Idea....
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2003, 01:54:45 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
Best thing to do is to just wait for AH TOD....send all of them mishun doods off to greener pastures....then and only then will real men like ourselves be able to pound our chests and yell like Tarzan after we've bested someone who actually knows how to fight:)

Cyas Up!

Rude...

I think it just might be possible that AH TOD will not have a major impact on the MA.

psssssst ( not gonna hold my breath on this on either :D :D).

Something no one seems to want to point out is that field captures are the reason that CV furballs occur. Generally, the vast majority of players in one of these are there to either defend or attack a field. Like anything in RL...they will eventually end. If you get an hour or more of instant action, what is the problem?? (seriously, I'm not trying to be a bigger bellybutton than normal...I would like to know :))
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
A Very Good Idea....
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2003, 02:03:22 PM »
"....hold yourselves!!! "

Personally, I like this idea best. :)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
A Very Good Idea....
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2003, 02:31:05 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Rude...

I think it just might be possible that AH TOD will not have a major impact on the MA.

psssssst ( not gonna hold my breath on this on either :D :D).

Something no one seems to want to point out is that field captures are the reason that CV furballs occur. Generally, the vast majority of players in one of these are there to either defend or attack a field. Like anything in RL...they will eventually end. If you get an hour or more of instant action, what is the problem?? (seriously, I'm not trying to be a bigger bellybutton than normal...I would like to know :))

I agree NB....I heard from a little birdie that perhaps 5% will flee the glee of the MA.

I can't really speak as to what the intent of most of the guys involved in these cv vs base fights is.....I simply fly to kill folks....have no interest in the capture thingie as that usually ends the killin folks thingie:)

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
A Very Good Idea....
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2003, 02:49:00 PM »
5%? That's going to be a problem. If there is no one to fight in the arena, it will die on the vine.

If this ToD does not work out, the MA will be tougher to make into the furball utopia your hoping for.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
A Very Good Idea....
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2003, 03:57:13 PM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
5%? That's going to be a problem. If there is no one to fight in the arena, it will die on the vine.

If this ToD does not work out, the MA will be tougher to make into the furball utopia your hoping for.

TOD will hopefully draw new customers.....5% of the subscribership is not too bad.

Offline Puke

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
A Very Good Idea....
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2003, 10:55:27 AM »
Give the Task Force two or three CV's?  And if all two/three aren't destroyed in X-amount of time, they respawn?  This would increase the difficulty for the bombers without making anything impervious.