Author Topic: You guys might enjoy this  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
You guys might enjoy this
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2003, 08:34:21 PM »
Well, hopefully he's been smacked down enough to never stick his head in the AH BBS again to be the PR Bois for WW2OL.

Dunno if his simple little single celled brain realises he did more damage to the game than promote it.

Offline Dnil

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2003, 08:58:58 PM »
I read that post, kinda ticked me off to.  You could tell he went into it with a bias.  I still have accounts in both games.  I don't get this pissing contest that the different sim guys get into.  I play most of my time in WWIIOL now, it is suprisingly fun for me.  I do like AH's flight model a WHOLE lot better, but I hate the MA style it has.  The chess pieces and terrains turn me off quickly.  Plus seeing a majority of spits, la7s and ponies gets old quick.  But thats for me.  I still keep my account because I am blown away by HiTechs customer service, hence he still gets my money.  They earned it many times with me.  Plus my Dad plays now and is on like 24/7 it seems.

Lots of stuff pisses me off with wwiiol, lots.  But I still manage to have some fun, and thats what its about.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2003, 07:06:43 AM »
Re the stall limiter argument:   I don't know for sure and I can't be arsed to go and find out, but doesn't the stall limiter work if you're on a 2 week trial?  If so then that explains why Zeroace "tested" it and found it does work in the MA......

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2003, 10:01:03 AM »
I think it works any time.  But, its a limiter.  It doesn't allow you to ride the edge of a stall indefinately, nor disable stalls... it just prevents your plane from doing some of the things that would cause a stall (limitting your pitch).  This means you won't be able to do as much with an aircraft as someone with it disabled.

MiniD

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2003, 10:48:33 AM »
Mini has it. I don't know what else you'd name it, but "stall limiter" makes it sound like something that it isn't. It doesn't limit stalls... it limits the ability to induce them.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2003, 12:19:19 PM »
Aye that's true, doesnt really matter if it's available or not.  It's hardly a crutch for anyone except a total newbie.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Re: LOL
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2003, 08:43:15 AM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
I gues these guys have never watched the roaring glory videos.

I own three of them - the Corsair, Zero, and P-38.  I scanned the Corsair and watched most of the Zero.  What I saw is pretty cool stuff.  I bought'em in hopes of getting some air-to-air gunnery footage, of which there is some but not as much as I had hoped.  The rest of it is a pleasant surprise, particularly the walk-around and in-flight of the Zero.  If you guys haven't picked up a copy or two of the series from amazon.com, you may want to add it to your Christmas list.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2003, 08:45:51 AM »
I sent those two a new book for WWII aircraft. It ought to be a major improvement over their old material  :)

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2003, 09:21:03 AM »
LOL! I love the way they jump on the "Stall limiter isn't available" mistake vulcan made and completely overlook the fact that tardcase had no idea what configuration he was testing.

BTW vulcan, you may want to let them know that the stall limiter does not change the flight model other than limiting your AoA.  Basically, preventing the more rapid departure that tardcase was looking for, but also limiting the overall maneuverability of the aircraft (making it a disadvantage overall).  Combat trim has the same behavior at times.

MiniD

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2003, 09:49:23 AM »
If it's the same guy behind the same name, hes been a tard for years.
Always tried to be in effect.