Author Topic: Homophobe Pope "prays for rain"  (Read 558 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Homophobe Pope "prays for rain"
« on: August 10, 2003, 03:48:48 PM »
To save seven european countries from burning wildfires.  The nerve of that little old crusty fella...........what about the gays!  Are they invited to pray too?

As far as Europe burning.  Well, wildfires are a part of nature ;)
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 04:52:57 PM »
Once again the christians prove they are no more enlightened then cavemen danceing around a fire.
well i guess todays christian dress's a little nicer. Its so funny watching these people. They actually believe that god is gonna make it rain if they pray hard enough. its like pat robertson(biggist piece of **** on the planet right now, far worse then saddam)  praying for supreme court justices to die.

the massive heat wave couldnt come from global warming! mr cheny told me it  was a lie!

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2003, 05:29:26 PM »

Once again the christians prove they are no more enlightened then cavemen danceing around a fire.

The answer is eat some chicken soup...

it couldn't hoit...

neither could praying.

As far as Europe burning. Well, wildfires are a part of nature

The fires are burning by choice, not genetics.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2003, 05:31:49 PM by Holden McGroin »
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2003, 05:57:25 PM »
pat robertson(biggist piece of **** on the planet right now, far worse then saddam)
====
Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and ye shall be saved.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2003, 06:51:32 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin

The fires are burning by choice, not genetics.

ROFL!!

Fires arent wrong, theyre just different.  Let them burn without fear of it spreading.

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2003, 10:35:44 PM »
I'm surprised.

Esteemed and learned people such as you are being callous to such things as a religious entity for denounced homosexuality just simply because it's against their beliefs.

How intolerant of you!

Truly this is the END OF TIME.

First the Boy Scouts can exclude gays, atheists and women and now this.

Will someone think of the children!?!?!?
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2003, 12:17:48 AM »
your missing the point drunky. its not such a big deal that they condem homosexuals. its more of an outrage that they rape little boys at the same time that they condem homosexuality. its more about the hypocricy. but if your a republican i guess your used to that sort of thing.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2003, 12:22:24 AM »
Originally posted by Frogm4n
but if your a republican i guess your used to that sort of thing.

Nah - we're just tolerant.

Offline bigsky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2003, 12:56:55 AM »
some wildfires are started by a flicked cig. butt or sparks from a motorcycle laying down on the blacktop. thats not nature doing its worst. thats carelessness.
"I am moist like bacon"

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2003, 01:01:18 AM »
If you were to let fires become legal, then who knows where it could end.

Forest fires are wrong and immoral, it says so in the bible

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2003, 01:44:40 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
pat robertson(biggist piece of **** on the planet right now, far worse then saddam)
====
Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and ye shall be saved.

Need to ease up on the opiates... :D
sand

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2003, 03:49:05 AM »
I was in Fréjus - south coast of France - a couple of weeks ago. There were forest fires - caused by an arsonist. I remember the sky darkening with thick cloud, and then about 8 of those (Canadair ?) planes flew over - the ones that have a 5,000 gallon water tank in the belly which is filled by scooping water from a lake, which is then dumped out on the fire. The worst part (for us) was the electricity cuts. (The firefighters were working in an area where high tension wires were present) We had to pay for our candlelit dinner (so romantic!) by cash - not possible to process credit card transactions. But then we couldn't get more cash from the hole in the wall. Gas stations could not pump gas. We had to take the risk to drive well out of the area (on ¼ tank of diesel) to a place called Cavalaire - where we could get more diesel, and cash.

Not aware of any particular fire problems in Britain, which had its hottest day on record yesterday.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2003, 04:10:18 AM »
Well, thank God we know this whacked out weather isn't caused by Global Warming.  :eek:

It's months since I did a Global Warming thread, I think it's getting time to do another.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2003, 09:18:51 AM »
your missing the point drunky. its not such a big deal that they condem homosexuals. its more of an outrage that they rape little boys at the same time that they condem homosexuality. its more about the hypocricy. but if your a republican i guess your used to that sort of thing.

Who are "they"? Catholics? Republicans?  who?

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2003, 09:57:22 AM »

I still vote for Gallager for president.  Does that make me a Republican?

On a seriously note now.  I want to qualify my perspectives; you may consider me a Methodist Christian in the context of this thread.  Methodists are alike to Baptists but a little looser around the collar.  Drinking alcohol (moderately mind you) and dancing are allowed for example.

First, I agree with you on the priest abuses.  Rape is bad enough.  To rape a child deserves death.  To commit pedophile rape to a child of the same sex deserves torture and then death.  Needless to say, the Catholic church has handled this situation extremely bad and yes I see your point about hypocrisy.

My thoughts are clouded more by the degnerative nature of the crime (yes I said crime, not unfortunate accident or such drivel).  I think that each of these predatory priests should be locked up along with those in the Catholic Church itself who knowingly and willingly allowed this type of depraved behaviour continue.

I personally think that to ask a preist to remain celebate isn't the right thing to do.  I believe that it is in man's (man's as in all humanity, male and female) nature to have sex and I also question how can a celebate, unmarried priest counsel a couple about marital problems.  Sorry if I offend any Catholics out there, but this is my opinion.

Now on to Pat Robertson.  Please don't use him as a ruler to gauge Baptist Christians.  The man has been bordering on wacko-ness of late and good intentions be damned, he'd been doing some very strange things in the past few years and it seemed to be getting worse.

And finally....perk fire.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2003, 10:07:22 AM by Drunky »
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High