Author Topic: 13th TAS Website  (Read 550 times)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
13th TAS Website
« on: August 11, 2003, 11:11:52 AM »
Take a look and tell me what ya think....it's my son's first effort.

Content is lacking, but is on it's way.:)

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
13th TAS Website
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 11:15:10 AM »
I think you should be able to read the text even though it doesn't have the cursor over it.  Right now, that's difficult to do.  The color change is nice, but the base color should be visible too.

MiniD

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
13th TAS Website
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 11:20:25 AM »
Yup....we really like the artwork for the background....problem is it's difficult to find a color for the text that makes for easy reading.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
13th TAS Website
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2003, 11:23:11 AM »
Very nice beginning Rude. I couldn't read all of it though because it didn't fit on the screen and couldn't scroll. Running desktop at 1024x768.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
13th TAS Website
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2003, 11:25:37 AM »
I'll play with the background image when I get home Rude.  I've had some success adjusting the contrast of images like that to make text more readable.  It just turns into a problem when you try to make your background really stand out.

MiniD

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
13th TAS Website
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2003, 11:32:30 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Very nice beginning Rude. I couldn't read all of it though because it didn't fit on the screen and couldn't scroll. Running desktop at 1024x768.

Yup...gotta tweak it a bit more....he did it all in notepad(I'm so proud):)

I've never seen anyone open and close windows and type as fast as he does....it's SUPER FREAKY!!!

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
13th TAS Website
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2003, 11:33:35 AM »
Originally posted by Mini D
I'll play with the background image when I get home Rude.  I've had some success adjusting the contrast of images like that to make text more readable.  It just turns into a problem when you try to make your background really stand out.

MiniD

Thanks Deja.....we had a trial of PS pro or something like it....it expired. Guess it's time for dad to step up:)

Oh...BTW, you should see how he hacked windows MP....you guys will be able to just watch films on the sight by just selecting the film.

Have I mentioned how proud I am?:)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
13th TAS Website
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2003, 11:33:44 AM »
You need a color wheel, Rood Dood :). By using the painting as a background, you severely limit your text color possiblities. You have 2 choices (to make text readable), lose the painting or only use contrasting colors for text. The painting is mostly greens and blues, therefore, yellow is your most likely candidate. Followed by white. Blue and green are both out. Red will tend to 'vibrate' on green or blue.

Yah...I got a college degree in this kinda crap :).

After reading MiniD's post, if you 'ghost' the background painting, your text color options will improve.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
13th TAS Website
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2003, 11:34:19 AM »
Is he 13 or 14?

Kids... they learn fast and well at that age.  Its why they should adjust child labor laws for 13 to 14 year old children.  At least they let the parents put them to work.

MiniD

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
13th TAS Website
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2003, 11:36:45 AM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
You need a color wheel, Rood Dood :). By using the painting as a background, you severely limit your text color possiblities. You have 2 choices (to make text readable), lose the painting or only use contrasting colors for text. The painting is mostly greens and blues, therefore, yellow is your most likely candidate. Followed by white. Blue and green are both out. Red will tend to 'vibrate' on green or blue.

Yah...I got a college degree in this kinda crap :).

After reading MiniD's post, if you 'ghost' the background painting, your text color options will improve.

Agreed NB....we'll make the changes....plus Deja's contrast thingie is a good idea as well.

Thanks!:)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
13th TAS Website
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2003, 11:37:46 AM »
Originally posted by Mini D
Is he 13 or 14?

Kids... they learn fast and well at that age.  Its why they should adjust child labor laws for 13 to 14 year old children.  At least they let the parents put them to work.

MiniD

You nailed it....14.

I learned a couple of years ago to never play anything on a Playstation against him...man that sucked!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
13th TAS Website
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2003, 12:04:07 PM »
He is doing a great job Rude ... Get him something other than "Word" to create his html pages. Plenty of nice freeware programs out there ... try this site ... http://www.all4you.dk/FreewareWorld/links.php

I had my 4 year old grandson over on Saturday. He showed up with a disk to install one of those "game/teach at the same time" programs. The little sucker installed it himself (me watching over him !!!). His command of the mouse was incredible. I was amazed at watching him play the games.

It took me about a month to teach my mom and dad just how to log onto AOL ... the computer savvy of kids these days is just downright scary :D
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline pugg666

• Silver Member
13th TAS Website
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2003, 12:33:59 PM »
looks good!

Your son has some talent. Once you get the right color balance and scroll working it's gonna be great.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
13th TAS Website
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2003, 12:49:21 PM »
Thanks guys...I'll tell him you like it.

As to scrolling, he said he couldn't do that without the picture being displayed twice.

We just have to fit the text to the page.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
13th TAS Website
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2003, 02:19:37 PM »
Seems there should be a "scroll text" option in there somewhere rude.

MiniD