Author Topic: How to Give Cats and Dogs Pills  (Read 376 times)

Offline Chaos68

• Silver Member
      • http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/
How to Give Cats and Dogs Pills
« on: August 13, 2003, 02:05:45 PM »

CATS

1) Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.
2) Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.  
3) Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.
4) Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.
5) Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.
6) Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.
7) Retrieve cat from from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains.  Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.
8) Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.> >
9) Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink 1 beer to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.
10) Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill.  Open another beer. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing.  Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.
11) Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Drink beer. Fetch bottle of Scotch. Pour shot, drink.  Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus jab. Apply whiskey compress to disinfect. Toss back another shot. Throw Tee-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.
12) Ring fire brigade to retrieve the friggin' cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.
13) Tie the little bastard's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining room table, find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of fillet steak. Be rough about it. Hold head vertically and pour 2 pints of water down throat to wash pill down.
14) Consume remainder of Scotch. Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.
15) Arrange for SPCA to collect mutant cat from hell and ring local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

DOGS
1) Wrap pill in a slice of cheese.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2003, 02:08:34 PM »
LOL  :)
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2003, 04:32:37 PM »
I use bacon to wrap the pill in for my dog.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2003, 05:06:55 PM »
But how do you keep from eating it yourself, Stringer?

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2003, 05:50:23 PM »
You made your mistake right after # 1

Open cats mouth with steady pressure.
Position pill between thumb & forefinger of right hand.

Think like Joe Namath, go Back, WAY BACK.

Shove that little puppy right down the tube in the back.

Remove hand, release mouth.

Done deal.  :)

FYI Hangtimes cat story is a classic although this ones not bad.  :)

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2003, 08:36:11 PM »
Who says it actually makes it to the dog??

When you think about it, it's the same medicine and I don't have to worry about heart worms! :)

Dog is looking a little rough though.

Offline pugg666

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2003, 10:40:21 PM »
bah if I "accidentaly" drop it on the floor my dog will eat anything, no need to waste cheese when you can use it on this

thanks SOB....looks tasty!

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2003, 10:44:09 PM »
rub the front of the cat's throat while holding their mouth closed.  It makes them swallow it.  Make sure they swallow 2 or 3 times before you let go.

Offline Crowwe

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2003, 10:46:41 PM »
Pugg, with a sandwich like that a cardiologist can put his kids through college real easy. :D

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2003, 10:52:31 PM »
Originally posted by Stringer
I use bacon to wrap the pill in for my dog.

I used to put pills in the food, but after while something weird happened and the partition of food where was the pills, had been pushed away.

calsium pills or something like that.