Author Topic: AHSM User Suggestion Thread  (Read 181 times)

Offline FT_Animal

• Nickel Member
AHSM User Suggestion Thread
« on: August 15, 2003, 05:22:47 PM »
Beta versions of AH Sound Manager have been out for just about a week now. Hopefully some have used it enough to know what it does and doesn't do.

While compliments are flattering, what I really need to hear is what sucks, or what could be improved. Even seemly crazy ideas can evolve into great additions.

Currently I am finishing up beta version 1.0.9. There are a few bug issues attended to in this version. None of the bugs were anything really major. Basically just tightening up the program. Peer Net button was fixed.

I have replaced the "Import" option in 1.0.9 used in past versions. Import was not available in the last two version as it was being re-written to accommodate other changes in folder structure. The Import feature copies files from custom AH sound packs, Like Mitsu, and others. As long as the folder structure and folder names are identical to AH it will import the files into AHSM Archive and sort them appropriately. Copying and pasting works almost the same, however import is more specific. AHSM will not show pasted folders, yet anyway. It also provides an Import Log, and a real time read out of the process. Showing, total files and total files actually copied, affected by the over-write option.

I am also working on an auto-renaming process for import and archiving files. This way, when the player chooses not to over-write files it can auto-rename them with a progressive number system.

In a nut shell…

This is the last beta version, when 2.0 is done it will run as is, as I direct more attention to the actual sound files.

With that said, what else could be changed or added or even removed to make it more user friendly and complete for everyone?

Remember AHSM is not an editor, it is a sound file manager. However, this does not exclude editor or audio manipulation in the furture.

NOTE: AHSM is not produced, nor supported, by HTC employees or staff of any kind.
AHSM is a product of AH Tech Hangar (Animal\anim)
http://www.icongrp.com/~stagemon/ah/

anim