Author Topic: The Great HQ raids  (Read 761 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
The Great HQ raids
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2000, 05:14:00 PM »
Aye.. we need more Bish Buffers. Good show; gents!

Hang
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
The Great HQ raids
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2000, 06:10:00 PM »
Perhaps I will tell you the story of the even braver (suicidal) knight p47-d30 pilots who destroyed the bishop HQ a few hours after our own was senselessly destroyed.  The 4 of us, flying at 20 ft off the ground, made our way to the bishop HQ.  Saving our bombs and rockets, we strafed the hq for 3 minutes until nothing remained.  Jarbo, the flight leader, then told us to come about to 270 and proceed at top speed.  About this time I spotted a high plane, one of the extremely popular N1ks of course.  Still carrying bombs and rockets there was very little we could do to defend ourselves.  I turned into the attack and managed a couple of pings on the N1k, but it only took him one turn and he was behind me moving at a speed much greater than the p47 could go.  One ping later the entire tail seperated from my p47 and I found myself reaching for the eject lever.

We had completed our mission, guaranteeing victory for the Knights and defeat for the Bishops, but at a high price.  Not long after the war ended.

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS