Author Topic: What do you say/do?  (Read 339 times)

Offline DR00

• Zinc Member
What do you say/do?
« on: October 27, 2000, 10:41:00 AM »
Last night had an incident occur which (if the HTC marketing strategy is sucessful) will happen alot in the future. Had just got the solution on target and put a few rounds to him, when a friendly drops directly in front of me. Killshooter gives the buff my kill (since I"M now blasting a friendly) and I get the assist.
I was REAL close to taking off on the guy but didn't. I Don't think he intended to, or realized what he did. Could have been net-lag, or inexperience, or a hundred other reason other than a "get a kill at all cost's" mentality.
Is there some way to bring this to a players attention without sounding like a rectal cavity, or whine bag?

Offline fscott

• Banned
  • Copper Member
What do you say/do?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2000, 10:46:00 AM »
I suggest something different. Allow friendly kills but it would minus one kill from your score. Additionally, if you kill more than 2 friendlies within say 30 minutes, then you are locked out of the arena for say 30 minutes.

Hey some may not like that idea, but it is would add to the realism.

fscott

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
What do you say/do?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2000, 10:46:00 AM »
  It happens. It's happened to me several times and I've even had folks say to me that I'd gotten between them and a bogy. I usually ask them to not get in my face or if I was in the way I say I'm sorry. I never do it intentionally thats for sure.
 I like to get close. REAL close to a bogy and fire. And sometimes if there are two or three of us chaing the someone there will be someone caught in the "middle"
 I try and shrug it off. For yourself? Try to get closer. That way there's no room for a non invited party to interfere   and at the same time your shots will more than likely destroy the bogy leaving nothing for the "pirhana" to chew on as is what seems to happen all to often now when a bogy is intact enough to fall smoking to the earth all crippled.

-Westy

funked

What do you say/do?
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2000, 11:06:00 AM »
You do realize that if you see a friendly right alongside you, on his computer he sees himself ahead of you, right?  It's also possible for both of you to see the other guy behind you.  That's net lag.

Offline DR00

• Zinc Member
What do you say/do?
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2000, 11:16:00 AM »
I know it could be lag. That's why I didn't go into it with the person. Allthough, they did DROP in front of me from 11:00.

Ice

What do you say/do?
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2000, 02:49:00 PM »
AWDOS PNG is the answer!

Ice

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
What do you say/do?
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2000, 02:50:00 PM »
Crummy pilots ain't due to new marketing, I wus already here!

Offline DR00

• Zinc Member
What do you say/do?
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2000, 03:10:00 PM »
The only thing "crummy" about you Fatty,is the remnants of that bag of Fritos in your cockpit.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
What do you say/do?
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2000, 03:41:00 PM »
It's part of the GAME. I like it when you have damage and that happens and instead of a kill, you die yourself.  

Eagler

ps

it wasn't me was it?  

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
What do you say/do?
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2000, 04:47:00 PM »
DR00...the best way to handle this is to do what I do...just say "Hey [insert FDB handle here], quit trying to steal my kill you #$@#@ @#$@# )*(*)(* @#$@#(*$!!!"

It never really works, but it makes me feel better  

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
What do you say/do?
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2000, 04:54:00 PM »
I've run into this (hey; I punned!) infrequently.. had one last night too.

One memorable occasion involved not just one but three or four killshooter tragedies in sequence as I was chasin an 109 down low. As he split s'd for the weeds with me hot and close on his six, I had a look around back and noticed 4 guys close behind; all freindlies, all chasin the same guy I was.

Thinkin this poor 109's already dead, I latch up close and hang on for the ususal protracted evasives.. all 4 of my buddies still in trail. After several minutes, a half dosen full reverses and the final death throes transition to hangin on the prop in the weeds I notice the air behind me is real clear.. and on the last two reverses, I see nobody else workin this guy and begin to wonder.

After it's over; and the 109 driver has started his long walk home I expand the textbox to find all 4 of my buds had succumbed to their killshooters, either amongst themseleves or from punchin lead into me.

"damn, Hang; yah bastid; GTF outta the damn way!!"

I do tend to follow real damn close. Sorry. On the other hand; I guess you could consider the killshooter to be a great gang-bang inhibitor.  

In any case; that 109 Pilot (<S!>hblair!) came awful close to havin one heluva story to tell in the brauntwurst knacker's that night over a Schlitz.  

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
What do you say/do?
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2000, 05:40:00 PM »
Guaranteed way to avoid killshooter. Dont gang bang.

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
What do you say/do?
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2000, 06:07:00 PM »
Sometimes i have been called a kill stealer,, Here's my perspective...

I will always come to the aid of my countrymen, if i see  my teamate fighting SURE i will come the help ,by the time you get your setup the teamate MAY have gone from defensive to offensive .
Now that your move is made you have 2 options  
1: to take the shot or
2: brake off, in hopes you don't give the enemy a shot on you,, i mostly take option 1.

Now with that said there are 2 options ..
1: your teamate will call you a kill stealer or
2: Thanx for the help.

If you don't take the shot you have 2 options.
1: your teamate gives you hell for not helping him or
2: your teamate dies and you go back in kill enemy and THEN get called a kill stealer.
  either way this game is about killing weather it's "stolen" or not.

I purposely don't try to steal kills, my intent is always to help my fellow teamates. but can easily be seen another way.

NUTTZ (exception, I ALWAYS try to steal *MOL* kills )