Author Topic: ATTN: Skuzzy  (Read 322 times)

Offline heatedpitot

• Zinc Member
ATTN: Skuzzy
« on: August 16, 2003, 09:42:51 AM »
Skuzzy ;

I am a regular player of Aces High in the MA and some times in CT for about 6 months now.  Recently I had an opportunity to watch a friend play IL-2 Sturmovik in multiplayer much like we do in Aces High and my friend was using a gadget called TrackIR sold by EYE CONTROL TECHNOLOGIES dba as NATURALPOINT.  What this "TrackIR" does is track the pilots head movements in a "virtual cockpit" environment using a InfraRed camera sitting on top of  his monitor with a small ( tiny ) reflective dot on the bridge of his eye glasses.  This TrackIR simulated what a pilot would actually see when they turned their head in a REAL cockpit thus eliminating the need to use the "hat button/switch" on a joystick or game controller.  It was a distinct and superior advantage to the pilots that had the TrackIR as opposed to the pilots that were still confined to having to use the joystick hat switch.
To keep this short, I ordered one, installed it and played IL-2 just like my friend, HOWEVER, it could not be configured for Aces High much to my disappointment.  I called NatualPoint immediately and talked to a Gentleman by the name of Donald Forbes who is in Sales Support of NaturalPoint.  Mr. Forbes tried everything he could to make the TrackIR software compatiable with Aces High to no avail.  He explained to me what the problem was and suggested I contact HITECH CREATIONS and tell them, which i did, in HITECH's support office I talked to a Gentleman by the first name of Ronald and explained to him my dilema.  He told me that HITECH had already contacted EYE CONTROL TECHNOLOGIES.  That ended my conversation.  But the more I thought about this the more I believe it would be beneficial to both parties to incorporate the software for these two companies.  I would like to encourage you to follow up on this and keep us informed via the forums board, Please !!

Thank You very much,

SS10
« Last Edit: August 17, 2003, 07:55:12 AM by heatedpitot »
in the Great Dismal Swamp in the Great state of North Carolina!