Author Topic: nose bounce, wabble, slugish response  (Read 905 times)

Offline LtMagee

• Copper Member
nose bounce, wabble, slugish response
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2003, 04:48:55 PM »
easyscor I am not quit sure I understand ut I will reread it and give it a shot. I have been playing AH for right at a year now. I am so glad someone finally experianced what I am dealing with. I finally had to set auto take-off, and landing is a bitc$. Landing on the carrier is pure luck. I am unable to dogfight at slow speeds and why I BnZ which most in the CT frown on.
Thanks.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2003, 08:30:50 PM »
Originally posted by LtMagee
easyscor I am not quit sure I understand...
I'll try to be more clear.

All my head views, maps, sounds and settings survived my reinstallation but back up your settings folders anyway just to be safe.  If you don't know which ones, give a shout here.

1. Open your control panels folder in XP and launch Add or Remove Programs.

2. Select Aces High and click the Change/Remove button.  Follow the prompts to remove Aces High.  When you're done, the HTC, Aces High and associated folders will still be on your hard drive, leave them alone.

3. Log on to the Aces High download page, down load the full install file.

4. Run the install program and install Aces High using the default file path "C:\Programs\HTC..."

5. If all went well, the nose bounce should disappear. I hope. :)

I believe the explanation for my particular case is one of the files hidden in the settings folders I moved after I installed AH was corrupted or pointed to a missing file. Do not attempt to drag any of your backup settings folders to the new install until you've tested Aces High to see if it works. Then if it gets trashed later, you'll know it was one of your old settings folders.  This is what worked for me.  If it doesn't work, the only other thing I can suggest is start over at #2 and delete all the Aces High folders as well as Aces High and test it again before you make any changes.

I hope this works for you, I can't believe you could hit anything the way my screen was stuttering.

Good luck.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline LtMagee

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2003, 07:58:28 PM »
Easyscor I tried that but it didnt work. when the program was deleted it left about 10 files on my desktop. I spent another 3 hours downloading AH. When I opened it, it saved AH to my deask top. I deleted it again and reopened it under "Program Files". Anyway...the bounce is still there. I can eliminate some of the bounce but that F@#$ up the GV gun aimimg. Also it hinders me from recovering from a fast dive.

well, life goes on..........:(

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2003, 01:53:45 AM »
Originally posted by LtMagee
Easyscor I tried that but it didnt work. when the program was deleted it left about 10 files on my desktop.
That shouldn't happen.

When I opened it, it saved AH to my deask top.
Again, the installer will be where ever you put it but Aces High should not be installed to your desktop, the installer should have put it in C:\Programs\HTC\Aces High
I deleted it again and reopened it under "Program Files". Anyway...the bounce is still there. I can eliminate some of the bounce but that F@#$ up the GV gun aimimg. Also it hinders me from recovering from a fast dive.
Dang, I though what worked for me should work for you.:(
I think I read you had downloaded the AH installer once before and did a clean install.  I can't think of anything else that could work if you already tried deleating all the AH files and folders, after a proper uninstall of course and before you tried to reinstall Aces High.

I regret that it sounds like you spent 3 hours only to have the problem remain.  Sorry bud, sounds like it's time to find someone who can look your system over and figure out what's wrong.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2003, 02:04:58 AM »
Hum, just a thought, did you use the Control panel to uninstall Aces High each time?  That's kind of important but it's hard to tell from your post and that whole desktop thing is really weird.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001