Author Topic: P 51 antidote  (Read 2005 times)

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
P 51 antidote
« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2000, 09:22:00 AM »

Originally posted by Vermillion:
<snip>

But when you had to throw the "Its a US conspiracy and they got better planes than us..." gratituitous Luftwobble whine in, you just made half the people that read this board, instantly disagree with you, and the other half totally ignore you.

I really could not have said it better Verm.  I think LW fans would go farther in their pursuit by stopping the constant and incesstant whine.  

MY GOSH!  

It is just un-ending.  That communication circuit is so overloadeded that it refuses to accept new messages.  This is considering that often times the information is actually pretty good, but it just gets corrupted by zealous-over-one-sidedness.  This taint pollutes the readers thoughts to the point of exclusion.

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

"Ass, ass, ass. I said it and im glad."
Easymo

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
P 51 antidote
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2000, 10:39:00 AM »
I wouldn't say an anti-LW conspiracy.

What I would say is that US planes are very well represented and at large outperform the LW ones in the MA.

We have the G10, which is a capable plane in a good pilots hands. I consider myself a good 109 pilot, but have to say that 1.04 has reduced its effectiveness in MA so much that I'm more effective at killing in A5 than G10. It has several serious well documented weaknesses and only two strengths, which sometimes are negated by the negatives.

The 190's in particular are outperformed by yank aircraft. As it should be; we got one very heavy buff hunter, and one 1943 aircraft.

Would like more eggs or more altitude/speed in 190's. Not too big a request, as there were 190's produced which had this, and in reasonable numbers.

Add more planes I say, US or non US. But to me it appears we still have too few non US planes.

------------------
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
P 51 antidote
« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2000, 12:08:00 PM »
StSanta-

An extremely reasonable request. <S!>

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
P 51 antidote
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2000, 12:58:00 PM »

Originally posted by StSanta:
I wouldn't say an anti-LW conspiracy.

What I would say is that US planes are very well represented and at large outperform the LW ones in the MA.

<snip>

Funny thing is from my perspective, I have not noticed this at all, with the exception of the 1C.  

If I feel that a plane is overmodeled, how the heck am I supposed to really know?  I have never actually flown even one.  How could I possibly compare to which something I have never done?

I might whine now and then, once in a while.  Everyone does.  That is a major difference and that is the key to what I am talking about.  Not the constant repeating over and over the constant same boring whine that ends up sounding more like the ringing in your ears following a drinking binge.

If dedicated LW fans don't have or get the D9, blame yourselves.  Maybe HTC is tired of reading the same ole same ole.  

Perhaps in retrospect, the D9 should have been the first 190.  However, if we do get the D9, and I hope that we do, then what will be the whine?

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

"Ass, ass, ass. I said it and im glad."
Easymo

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
P 51 antidote
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2000, 01:11:00 PM »

Originally posted by RAM:
Hummm no, I say that as I only (mostly) fly German iron, I want (need) a plane able to counter the best of the other side.

So after the D-9 arrives, you will loudly support the later versions of the Allied aircraft?

After all this exact same reasoning would apply to all those that fly any particular nations's aircraft almost exclusively, wouldn't it?

Before you go launching like a Saturn V, remember that I support putting in the D-9 AND the 262.

Anything to stop that incessant whine, anything!

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
P 51 antidote
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2000, 03:21:00 PM »

N1K2: late 1944/early 1945
A6M5b: mid 1944 (?)
Yak-9U: late 1944
Fw190A8: mid 1944
Me109G10: late 1944

Yak-9 betas Fw190a8, N1K2 beats Fw190A8 and Me109G10 beats Fw190A8..  
Only that doesn't is A6M5. (but for A6M5, it is one of the easiest kills probably)

Plan keeping up air superiority with A-8 against N1K2s, is doomed. (same against Yak9)
A-8 is not only less maneuverable but also slower than A-5.

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
P 51 antidote
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2000, 04:45:00 PM »
Fishu, the discussion had nothing to do with X airplane beats Y airplane. Don't change the point of the debate.

His statement was "What other countries need are planes from same time, not some early war substitutes we have" , the same time being 1944 like the US aircraft.

This statement was obviously false and inaccurate.

That is what I was proving by posting the list that I did.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
P 51 antidote
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2000, 06:17:00 PM »

Fishu, the discussion had nothing to do with X airplane beats Y airplane. Don't change the point of the debate.

His statement was "What other countries need are planes from same time, not some early war substitutes we have" , the same time being 1944 like the US aircraft.

This statement was obviously false and inaccurate.

That is what I was proving by posting the list that I did.

Easy for them to say who don't look for combat worthy  

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
P 51 antidote
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2000, 12:48:00 AM »
Whine, you say ? Just facts.

Imagine AH without P 51D ? Would you call requests for it whines ? Or maybe reasonable requests ?

Double standards, that's how I would call it.

Not to mention, Me 262 has every right to be in AH, just as all other 1944 planes. But no, it would somehow ruin the sim. And yet, the same ones that say it would ruin the sim say it would be able to kill only bombers.

So, bomber killer ruins the sim. The best bomber killer right now is C-Hog.  

Why such tone of my posts ?

IMO, D-9 should have been in AH since first day of beta. But now, in each and every release we got a carefully chosen underdog. No Dora for one full year. Now that really pisses some of us. Especially when you see planes with much less historical significance being added (which, btw, ruin the sim far more than Dora would ever do).

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
P 51 antidote
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2000, 01:11:00 AM »
LOL.. after that one Hristo, I've changed my mind.

I hope you NEVER see a Dora in AH.

Keep yer thirty bucks. Buy a clue instead.

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.