Author Topic: Operation Olympic  (Read 332 times)

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Operation Olympic
« on: August 30, 2003, 09:21:47 PM »
Hey Jester, is there a map that has this set up or is there not enough late war IJN/IJA to do this?  This would have been interesting if we had the correct planeset.  Of course, I can hear the screams now of no Ki-84/B-29/etc, etc...  What do you think?
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
Operation Olympic
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2003, 09:34:42 PM »
There is a Japanese Home Islands map but it is Japan vs. Russia 1945, don't know if there are any fleets on it.

The Okinawa map is about the closest thing we got to that I think.
Don't think you really need the B-29's for OLYMPIC as this was mostly an Amphib/Carrier Operation. Also while it would be nice to have the KI-84 FRANK for the set-up you could probabily get along with the Japanese plane-set of the Zeke/Tony/George/Peggy/Val/Kate.

Only thing you are going to have to figure out is how to give credit to an Axis player for a successful Kamikaze attack on a ship. Not sure you can set the fleet ships to sink if a Kamikaze manages to get through the flak and get a hit.
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Operation Olympic
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2003, 09:47:03 PM »
All good points Andi.  I can imagine the fighting would be INTENSE but I am sure it would alienate a lot of people.  I still think it would be really cool to do it.  

The Kamikaze thing would be interesting as well IF someone found a way to get through all of that fleet ack.  

The long distances would be a concern as well as a lot of CTer's like to get into a fight without too much "to the target" flight time.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo