Author Topic: Another score question  (Read 767 times)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Another score question
« on: December 12, 2000, 03:34:00 AM »
I know it's going to change soon, BUT...

How can a DWEEB like me get up to Nr 84 in the Main score page ?

I get killed more often than I kill (Fact)
I seldom fly goons, If I do, I usualy die (Fact)
I do a LOT of A/G straffing (Ackkilling is my drug) yet, that's got a negative score impact...

Is it my Nr of posts in this BB ?  

------------------
MASS/SAW
III./JG 5 Eismeer

"It's supposed to be hard; that's what makes it great!"
Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

"hey, Im a tard, got bent, sorry."(Creamo, out of context)

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 12-12-2000).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Another score question
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2000, 04:07:00 AM »
ground attack combined with air to air fighting gives a good score, then if you fly a goon or two and capture a field your score will improve even more.

------------------
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson
III/JG5 "EisMeer"
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
Another score question
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2000, 05:03:00 AM »
Look at your scores again. Ok, so your K/D and K/sortie is not the best and neither is your hit%...wait a minute, this IS wrong  

seriuosly. Despite those scores you seem to running up a good amount of damage done to other fighters giving you a rank of #44 in that. Your love to strafing also ups your bombing damage done per death and sortie since Jabo is not counted (yet) as a bomber sortie. Since best overall rank is given to those with combined lowest rank number from all stats you will surpass all those players who solely do fighter combat or never flies a goon, thus giving them a 1000+ rank in the "field capture" stat.
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Offline Purzel

• Copper Member
Another score question
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2000, 06:28:00 AM »
Hi Saintaw!

Well, no need to worry. First is, the score-stuff is total BS - even a dweeb like me is on place 23 now in overall ranking.
23!!!! That just cant be anywhere near reality. It beginns with the calculation of the K/D-ratio and jsut doesnt seem to end  

Second: It will be changed soon, and I hope the score will be more useful. I just looked at the scorepage and a lot of guys are following me there that are actually much better than me. Hmm, seems like all those guys there are better than me  

Well, dont look to much to the scorepage, I dont think its useful right now. But as this is changed, Im confident it will be of more use in the (near?) future...

------------------
CU

Purzel

--
"Find the enemy and shoot him down, everything else is nonsense!"
M. von Richthofen

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Another score question
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2000, 11:29:00 AM »
Scores and score tabulation needs to be perked.

Didya ever notice that score and dweeb have the same number of letters?
<GDR>

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline discod

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.millionaire.com
Another score question
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2000, 04:03:00 PM »
There is one area of the score that I think is weighted too heavily and I hope it won't be so in the new system....it's the kills/time score.  

I see why it is important for figuring score because it makes pilots more likley to jump into a fight, but if you play late at night (US Time) the numbers of enemy targets become quite sparse so kills per time gets more difficult.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Another score question
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2000, 05:57:00 PM »
i hear ya discod, i think kills/time might as well be tossed...
Tho them damn spawn camping vehicles love it i bet +)

AKSKurj