Author Topic: The Hack in AH reproduced....  (Read 2860 times)

TheWobble

The Hack in AH reproduced....
« on: December 12, 2000, 06:56:00 AM »
I managed to figured out what whoever was doing to "hack" ah and I was able to reproduce every this I saw in the screens, there is just one problem.  For reasons i wont go into it will be VERY hard to stop peaople from doing that , if not impossible.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2000, 07:52:00 AM »
er ok. Do me a favor, will ya?

Define the term "hack".

Then define the term "keystroke".

Thanks,
hblair

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2000, 08:01:00 AM »
lol hb, my thoughts exactly  

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2000, 08:24:00 AM »
A word of warning.  If you do something like this even "innocently" or to "try something our"... HTC will likely terminate you for life.  It has happened before.

However, this assumes you are actually changing the files HTC sends us.  If you are not modifying the game itself in any way, but are still able to do something weird, then it is a bug, not a hack.

Did you have to modify FE files to make this happen?

In either case, I reccomend you notify HTC in private of what you have found.  I wouldn't try any of this online if I were you, and I certainly wouldn't mess with any HTC files and then go online.  If you do, there is a good chance they will detect and ban you, even if it's not instantly.

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"A pig is a jolly companion, Boar, sow, barrow, or gilt --
A pig is a pal, who'll boost your morale, Though mountains may topple and tilt.
When they've blackballed, bamboozled, and burned you, When they've turned on you, Tory and Whig,
Though you may be thrown over by Tabby and Rover, You'll never go wrong with a pig, a pig,
You'll never go wrong with a pig!" -- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2000, 09:20:00 AM »
I paint a kill on my mental canopy rail anyway if some guy has to use the old "keystroke warp" when I saddle him.

Last night I got in a twisty-turney with a higher hog in my trusty Jug. He mismanaged his E and I finally got around on him. Just as I'm taking the slack out of the trigger...whang! He jumps about 1k and gets 90 degrees free instant aspect.

So, I work a bit more, saddle up and ...whang! There he goes again.

I got killed shortly thereafter by another guy and F4 got away....but I KNOW I won that one.  

Don't let it bug ya...it's a bloody game! Good game, but still a game.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

LJK Raubvogel

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2000, 10:38:00 AM »
This isn't exactly the place to be posting something like that. Unless you just want some pathetic attention.

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2000, 11:55:00 AM »
Wtf is the keystroke warp?

Never mind, don't answer me, maybe I don't want to know.

But it's an el cheato trick right?

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2000, 12:48:00 PM »
It's been around as long as win95 santa, maybe earlier.

Every now and then you get fellas posting about it, kinda like kids who find out theres no santa clause, then finding out all the other kids already knew!, but were cool with it. Leaves ya feeling kinda dumb.  

Hey wait! you're santa!  

------------------

EMAIL         assassins@aceshighcs.com            
EMAIL         hblair@aceshighcs.com        

[This message has been edited by hblair (edited 12-12-2000).]

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2000, 12:56:00 PM »
 Pressing the [print screen] key does not induce a warp in AH.

banana and I were taking screen shots of each other about 2 mos ago flying La5's and not once did either of us see anything funny.

Just in case anyone thought this was the "cheat"

-Westy

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2000, 01:03:00 PM »
Raub,

Are you talking ta me? Are YOU talking ta ME?

Nope, not attention. Just pointing out it goes with the territory and no big deal anyway.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

LJK Raubvogel

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2000, 02:01:00 PM »
Sry Toad, wrong guy   Guess I should be one of those people who always puts the whole quote of the post they are referring to in their reply. My point is, the General Discussion forum is not the place to address hacking. A simple email with proof to HTC would probably suffice. Posting a message like that here seems like a cry for attention.

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

Offline discod

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.millionaire.com
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2000, 03:50:00 PM »
I am completely incapable of hacking a game but I have played many offline games in "god-mode" and to tell you the truth there is just not as much fun when you are invincible.

The only fun I could see in hacking is the actual hack itself, once the hackers give themselves a tremendous advantage through a hack they will get bored soon and move on to another game.

So don't worry too much about hackers, I'm sure it happens, but I think that it must really piss 'em off when I kill 'em anyway!   Buwhahahahaaaaaa!!!!  

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2000, 07:44:00 PM »
 I have been accused of warping once or twice. And rightly so. I get screen freeze,s from time to time.And from others reactions I apparently warp while I'm screaming at the G D screen. This might account for some of this.

BTW has anyone ever figured out what causes this. I've gotten it since beta.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2000, 08:21:00 PM »

Originally posted by easymo:
BTW has anyone ever figured out what causes this. I've gotten it since beta.

Do these freezed occur in H2H mode?  Especially when you're hosting?  It seems that regardless of the host's system configuration or connection speed, the H2H host's system freezes for anywhere from 1/2 to 10 seconds when someone new joins the game.  These freezes, in turn, cause warping.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any remedy other than to stop hosting entirely.

-- Todd/DMF

TheWobble

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2000, 10:24:00 PM »
The hack they used that is in the screen shots can be accomplished, but it is a long process, i wont go into it but it involves manipulating the info you have in ram and changing it while running the game, I know nobody will know what i mean but....i dont want them too.