Author Topic: Keep it even...  (Read 1309 times)

Offline 4ACES

• Zinc Member
Keep it even...
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2003, 06:29:23 AM »
You mean with all those MAW you guys are out numbered...gezzz
;)

I suggest a solution back when rooks were getting pounded and I still believe it to be the only viable realistic 1.
The only solution to the number problems in the arena is to restrict movement between countrys and manually balance the arena. Allow movement between countrys once a month at the beginning of the month and all must be approved by HT.
Simple.
But JMO
4ACES

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Keep it even...
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2003, 07:54:29 AM »
No .. that's not a solution. That's a problem. You see, it's like this:

One night (or longer) one side didn't have as many players as the other sides because some of their side was on vacation, some weren't feeling well and some ... well ... had real life issues that needed attending. But even the players on the other sides couldn't help them because ... someone instituted some stupid month long moratorium on switching sides! ;)

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Keep it even...
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2003, 10:30:31 AM »
If the game play in the MA is unwholesome then might I suggest...

FLYING THE CT!!!!:) :D :eek:

Pssstttt, that's were the real men (and women) fly!
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline sourkraut

• Copper Member
      • http://www.riverrunne.com
Keep it even...
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2003, 11:23:35 AM »
As a knight, I happen to like the numbers imbalance. More fights, more targets,  more perks points, cheaper perk rides. It's been a couple of years since I was on for a reset won by Knights - what is the perk bonus for winning a reset anyway?

Now if we could get you bishrooks to stop porking our fuel....

Sour

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Keep it even...
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2003, 11:24:47 AM »
I was up on Friday night and watched a rook squad roll over our niggit bases up in the NE corner. Literally 7-10 guys attacking a piece of digital dirt. Anyway, I upped a G10 to provide some sport and they realistically ignored me to continue to pound the ground. I ended up with 5 or 6 kills but there is little you can do to stem the tide. I almost took a screenshot...had to be 40 rooks vs 3-4 niggits in whole NE Quadrant. I've flown AH since beta and I'm amazed to here the fiction regarding "we went thru it & now it's your turn". Historically Knights have been the lowest #'s (why I fly there) 70%+ of the time.

Truthfully, I think its a bigger problem than most realize. Overall the game has seen a tremendous fallout of it's "core" player base. I mean guys who are loyal to flight sims and wont be playing quake next year. All the "stratagy" stuff thats promoting this lets win with no skill attitude wont really help the game in the long run.

I'm sure 80% will disagree but the balloon may go down faster than it went up if an other option shows up on the market.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Keep it even...
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2003, 11:52:59 AM »
When you're outnumbered, there is always someone to shoot at.
I went through  this w/ rooks.... it can be challenging but it definitely has it's upside.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Keep it even...
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2003, 12:34:43 PM »
Funny how once a side gets back numbers, they stop whining about an imbalance.  Didn't hear knits ***** once last night.

...and that's why all this handwringing is a joke.

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
Keep it even...
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2003, 12:37:11 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
When you're outnumbered, there is always someone to shoot at. I went through  this w/ rooks.... it can be challenging but it definitely has it's upside.

Sure it does... more targets, lower cost for perked rides, more perks for your kills. It's great fun until the real estate becomes scarce. It has its downsides too.

Like you when you get a good fight going, a mob will eventually move in and ruin it so they can grab the territory you're using.

When the red tide manages to take most of your bases, everyone gets squeezed into a smaller area making the ganging impossible to avoid.

It's frustrating to lose all the time. New players soon learn that the other teams are better, and even established players eventually give in and defect. lately we have lost many long time players.

When one country is nearly reset and the other two countries are about even, they will start fighting each other to get ahead before finishing off the loser. This prolongs the bad situation, sometimes for days.

The game should be fun because of the fighting. Developing the skill required to win is a basic part of any game. Gang banging a helpless foe to capture its bases and win the reset is contrary to the concept of fighting and requires less skill as the numbers disparity grows.

Many players become disgusted, but out of loyalty or a squad refuse to switch sides. They are unhappy customers who will likely play less often and eventually cancel their account.

The more challenge and variety there is in a game, the longer it will take for players to grow bored with it. The massive land grabbing has got to get boring quickly, as opponents are about as signifigant as ground clutter. (I propose a new command for AH... CTRL-O eliminates opposition clutter).

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
Keep it even...
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2003, 12:41:15 PM »
Originally posted by Furious
Funny how once a side gets back numbers, they stop whining about an imbalance.  Didn't hear knits ***** once last night.

We did out number the Bish, rare but it happens. The Rooks outnumbered us, but not by much. I managed to find fun fights in a lot of places without interference by Bish hordes, so it was good. Hey, you can't win 'em all Bish.

Offline yb11

• Copper Member
Keep it even...
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2003, 12:50:29 PM »
Originally posted by mia389
I know this is really hurting us too. About 3/4 of my squad doesnt show up anymore. Some come on then say hell with this Im loggin. I dont blame them but just sucks it comin to this. I would like to change countries once inaway so our squad would fly together again. If all knights did that would be a 2 sided war i guess :-)

FBsmokey
                                                                 fbsmokey i have been have the same with my squad lucky if we can get 4 up at one time and like you i cant blame thim and changing sides is a no no in are squad but i fill if we dont do something quick HTC will be looseing mor then a squad or 2. back in AIR worror we wood cee what side had #and fight thim its not the same hear the side with low # git it i may jest speek for my squad (c hawks) we all was hit the side with the big # i think if all did this it wood even out a little

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Keep it even...
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2003, 02:40:39 PM »
Originally posted by yb11
fbsmokey i have been have the same with my squad lucky if we can get 4 up at one time and like you i cant blame thim and changing sides is a no no in are squad but i fill if we dont do something quick HTC will be looseing mor then a squad or 2. back in AIR worror we wood cee what side had #and fight thim its not the same hear the side with low # git it i may jest speek for my squad (c hawks) we all was hit the side with the big # i think if all did this it wood even out a little

huh ? I think BGBMAW has an understudy.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline 6GunUSMC

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.fasteasynet.com
Keep it even...
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2003, 04:35:38 PM »

Why ***** if the numbers are even? LOL that would be stuuuupid!

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Keep it even...
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2003, 04:59:32 PM »
Pay better attention.

Knights cry when down in numbers, but you hear not a peep out of them when they outnumber the others.  

This is true of all teams, I am sure.

It's just so lame to come whining to the BBS over a temporary situation.  But, to then stop whining when you have regained your previous number advantage is utter hypocrisy.

Offline ply

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.davisrc.com
Keep it even...
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2003, 05:07:34 PM »
Originally posted by yb11
[in AIR worror we wood cee what side had #and fight thim its not the same hear the side with low # git it i may jest speek for my squad (c hawks) we all was hit the side with the big # i think if all did this it wood even out a little [/B]

True, but we did not get perks for winning in AW. Nothing to gain in winning other than winning, so it was easy to turn on the most #'s country.  The perk points for winning changes the 'group think' .

Offline Gloves

• Nickel Member
Keep it even...
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2003, 06:11:54 PM »
Pay better attention.

Knights cry when down in numbers, but you hear not a peep out of them when they outnumber the others.  

This is true of all teams, I am sure.

It's just so lame to come whining to the BBS over a temporary situation.  But, to then stop whining when you have regained your previous number advantage is utter hypocrisy.

Furious,

I'm having a little trouble understanding your point here.  Why would one gripe when they have greater numbers?  It's kind of like having a stomach ache.  You gripe about it when it's there, but should you still complain when it goes away?

Glove