Author Topic: Map editor  (Read 650 times)

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
Map editor
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2000, 04:09:00 PM »
t
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Map editor
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2000, 04:20:00 PM »

There has to be all this eggshell-walking, qualifying, wussy language around everything. Well, those folks can bite me. I don't have time for it. I call 'em as I see 'em. I admit to being sarcastic a lot of the time, it's just my style. More interesting than a whole paragraph of IMHOs...

Hey Stigler, grow up. It's called being civilized. Havin' some respect for the folks around you.  <sigh> I don't know why this seems to take an enourmous amount of effort on some people's part. If you can't post without showing a bit of class, at least spare us all and show some gawdamned restraint.

This is IMHO, slugger. Deal with it.

[This message has been edited by Nash (edited 08-10-2000).]

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Map editor
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2000, 04:27:00 PM »
Yada yada yada, whatever, Stig. We're both opinionated people, and we probably agree on a lot of "what is missing or wrong with today's flight sims."

We just disagree on how the war should be fought. I prefer tact and constructive criticism, while you prefer biting satire and stinging  sarcasm. Maybe between the two of us, something will work.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Map editor
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2000, 05:41:00 PM »
What nash said.  

Makes ya wonder why some people think they gotta be some kinda bada*s over the internet. Are they really like this in real life? Do they get kicked around at work or something? Makes ya wonder.

I, myself, am content with my real world self and don't think I need to come to some internet BBS and be *Mr. rough & tumble* about a WWII flight simm game.

What a line of bull. When you get to be a man you learn to treat people with dignity & respect whether its face to face or you're hiding behind your monitor.

Nothing personal stigler just trying to be a *straight shooter* like yourself.  

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Map editor
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2000, 06:02:00 PM »
The people I piss off the most are the "aw shucks" crowd of people who can't stand to see anyone have a strong opinion about anything.
====
Its not that your opinions are strong.  Most peoples are.  What has seperated you heretofor from the quality poster is your disrespectful tone.

Show some respect so that your concerns and criticisms gain strength and have a reasonable chance of consideration!

Yeager  
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

SGTROCK1942

Map editor
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2000, 07:23:00 PM »

It's stupid, it's mindless, it's catering to the Sgt. Rock, "cool, let's just go blow stuff up" crowd.

Hey, I resent that statement!  
<Pulls pin on "pineapple" grenade, tosses it into Stig's latrine & runs>

A big hello to the Mad Bombers & fellow Knights. Hope you are giving the Bish pure hell, especially Hang & Co. Taking a break for now but expect to be back in the air soon. See ya' then!

Offline jedi

• Zinc Member
Map editor
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2000, 07:28:00 PM »
How sad.  

One of the most outspoken critics of the game comes in here with (IMO) heartfelt congratulations on a great new innovation on something that raises the bar (again) for flight sims, and the FIRST post in response is to dump JP-4 on him and toss a match in.

So much for the myth of "flight sim brotherhood" eh?  Pretty slippery footing up there on that moral high ground, I guess.

Nice to see how "welcome" critics are over here.  I noticed funked flying in the BoB "over there" the other day.  Seemed like folks were actually glad to see him too.  Good thing he never criticizes WB or they might stop the scenario and organize a dweeb hunt  

Kudos on the terrain editor.  Gimme some water and an aircraft carrier next.  I'm gettin kinda itchy to do my free trial, but I wanna give it a fair shot with a few more features and planes.  Guess I better think up a new call sign too  

------------------

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
Map editor
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2000, 02:18:00 AM »

Originally posted by SUPERFLY:
Yes, we are planning on using player submitted textures for terrains...

(snipped)

OH MY GOD! I love this thing! Thanks, guys!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Map editor
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2000, 02:37:00 AM »
Uh Voss..

Please stop trying to hijack this thread.

Stay on topic will ya?

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
Map editor
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2000, 03:26:00 AM »
Oh, okay. I have suspicions of a dual personality/second persona present here. (Reaches out with the Force). Yes, most definately.

Freedom of speech, etc.

Remember, you are a guest on this system.

Out...

[This message has been edited by Voss (edited 08-11-2000).]

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Map editor
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2000, 09:56:00 AM »
Hehe Voss, I was kinda makin' a joke... albeit a pretty lame one. This thread had semi-deteriorated a ways back before you came along and posted ON-topic. <shrug>... I guess ya had to be there. I aint the Thread Police  

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
Map editor
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2000, 12:22:00 PM »
A Warbirds zealot spat:

One of the most outspoken critics of the game comes in here with (IMO) heartfelt congratulations on a great new innovation on something that raises the bar (again) for flight sims, and the FIRST post in response is to dump JP-4 on him and toss a match in.

So much for the myth of "flight sim brotherhood" eh? Pretty slippery footing up there on that moral high ground, I guess.

Nice to see how "welcome" critics are over here

Hypocrite! reading AGW for the past few months since I left Warbirds I have seen no end of abuse given to players from AH posting comments on development and so forth, there has been alot of mudslinging both sides so to come here and spout such claptrap is unbelievable. For what its worth Stiglr has only received a mild ribbing from players who read AGW and remember all his little spite fileld posts about AH.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Map editor
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2000, 01:25:00 PM »

Originally posted by banana:

We just disagree on how the war should be fought. I prefer tact and constructive criticism, while you prefer biting satire and stinging  sarcasm.  

Interesting enough, this generally determines how successful and healthy a person is in life.  

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
Map editor
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2000, 01:36:00 PM »
I don't know...I've met plenty successful, healthy, amazinhunks in my lifetime.

Lizking

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Map editor
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2000, 04:48:00 PM »
Padlock? Anyone?