Author Topic: Seperate WW2 arena?  (Read 592 times)

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
Seperate WW2 arena?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2003, 10:33:32 AM »
Im just getting frustrated because,here we are,very close to release(apparently) and we're all still very much in the dark about this kind of thing,and I just dont know where my squad is going to end up!!!! we hate the 3 sided made up country thing (Rook,Bish,Nit) we hate the limited plane set of CT,if you have a favorite aircraft your screwed cos it might not be in the current set up(worse,like me,you play UK times,no-one is in there) and TOD=no squads,so you can see why my temprature is rising!!! Im reluctant to go back to Warbirds,it has even less players than the CT!!!,pissed off,very pissed off.:(
Joc

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Seperate WW2 arena?
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2003, 10:46:09 AM »
Here  you go joc, this will cheer you up
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline fullback

• Copper Member
Seperate WW2 arena?
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2003, 11:41:33 AM »
For heaven's sake...

I now understand completely why the HTC folks stay away from posting here. People can't read, or misunderstand even the simplest information already available.

Good grief there are alot of stupid people walking around out there. How in the world do they get dressed and feed themselves?

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
Seperate WW2 arena?
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2003, 04:15:18 PM »
Quick someone throw joc a nice fluffy ewe for him to cuddle with before he boils over...JOC stay away from the light... WOOOOSSSSAAAAAAA

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
Seperate WW2 arena?
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2003, 05:33:16 PM »
LOl,no,I dont think even the fluffiest ewe could divert me from this:D  Ive been prayin for a decent Axis/Allies arena since they screwed the one up back in Aw,oh and Fullback,DONT call me stupid or Ill insert a small animal in you,whoever you are.
Joc

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Seperate WW2 arena?
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2003, 05:41:51 PM »
AvA in AW was just a gangbang, even if the whole planeset was permitted in AH the same thing would happen.

Squads will be in TOD, noone EVER said they won't be and do you really think HTC would not cater to squads in some form or another?  (No squads in a sim like AH = business suicide)

SKurj

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
Seperate WW2 arena?
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2003, 06:44:01 PM »
I would think its going to be pretty much the way it is now. You can be in a different squad in each arena because "squads don't carry over" :D

Think I read that someplace

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Seperate WW2 arena?
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2003, 07:31:01 PM »
Originally posted by Joc
LOl,no,I dont think even the fluffiest ewe could divert me from this:D  Ive been prayin for a decent Axis/Allies arena since they screwed the one up back in Aw,oh and Fullback,DONT call me stupid or Ill insert a small animal in you,whoever you are.

think about that for a few seconds

and anyway who said squads wont be supported...sure "squads dont carry over" but they wont be removed...read the documentation before making a idiot post like that

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Seperate WW2 arena?
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2003, 07:50:57 PM »
How do you see squad or unit structure shaping out in AHII? For example, currently there is a 32 person limit for squad members in one arena. Is there a plan on changing that? [/color]

There will be a lot of things that are either different or won’t carry over from Classic to ToD. For example, killshooter (reflective damage for friendly fire) will remain in Classic but won’t be in ToD. Instead, there will be a court martial system.

Will squads have to fly on the same side during the conflict, or can one squaddie fly for the Germans while his buddy flies for the Americans?[/color]

The Squad format of the main arena won’t be a part of ToD.

http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_059a.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ShruG

Even if the squad format of the MA isn't part of TOD, though ... I don't see what's to stop squadron mates in the MA from flying together in TOD, given they coordinate their "character creation" so they can be in the same branch/unit. I bet some virtual squads can not only manage to do so but will prefer to, since many of them base themselves on a real life historical counterpart, anyhow.

Guess we'll find out ... when war (TOD) is eventually declared.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Seperate WW2 arena?
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2003, 02:42:54 PM »
Originally posted by vorticon
read the documentation before making a idiot post like that
Yep, read the docs before making idiot posts. :rolleyes:

Will squads have to fly on the same side during the conflict, or can one squaddie fly for the Germans while his buddy flies for the Americans?

The Squad format of the main arena won’t be a part of ToD.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Seperate WW2 arena?
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2003, 03:20:04 PM »
Originally posted by NHawk
Ah, but TOD will not support squads. Thus eliminating existing squads, some of which have been together for nearly 9 years.

His whole point is to make the MA 2 sided where squads can participate as a squad.

You are right that it will not "support" a squadron per se but who is to stop a squadron from going there and flying a mission together?

I have to believe that the game will allow the various members of a squadron to fly together if they want to. At the very least it wouldn't be any different than joining a mission now. If you miss the start time then so be it you missed out. The only difference in what is coming and what we have is you can't really up as a loner and catch up with your squadron. I think it would bring a few squadrons closer to having a real squadron night. I hope that is what happens with ours; since we now have a squad night nearly every night of the week.

Change is good guys; be flexible and have fun with the game. Don't be a tight wound wuss and cry about some guy you don't see more than once every two months who happens to have the same tag as you or is listed on the inactive section of your roster.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"